Proposed new tax on vehicles?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Proposed new tax on vehicles?

Post by JimboPSM » October 10, 2005, 11:30 pm

Just heard an angry shout from my wife.

When I asked what was up she told me she was just watching the news on Thai TV and there was some report about a proposed additional 50,000 THB tax on new vehicles :cry: if true this would also produce a proportionate increase in second hand vehicles.

It is already an enormous additional cost for the average Udon family to find if they wish to upgrade from two wheels to four.

Anyway, at the moment can't find any further information about this in the Nation or Bangkok Post - anyone know if their is any substance to this report?

Hoping Paul will say we can treat with big pinch of salt as it is just another crackpot politicians idea which will have gone away in a few days time.

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » October 11, 2005, 11:39 am

Jimbo,don't worry,there are new "prospective" policies announced everyday by new cabinet members trying to make a name for themselves and suck up to Mr T.It looks as though car taxes on big engines will fall due to free trade agreements.(over 3000 cc).It's to help Lexus take on Mercedes and BMW.

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » October 13, 2005, 6:44 am

this story made the independent's front page of business section (yesterdays paper), money to be used for roads, so right now its a maybe.

Return to “Travel & Transport”