A320 Crash Today...In French Alps......

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 24, 2015, 8:38 pm

An A320 Airliner has crashed near the town of Digne in Southern France,The Flight was operated by Germanwings & On a Regular flight from Barcelona to Dusseldorf,There were 142 Passengers & 6 Crew on board,There are believed to be NO Survivors.....

Tragic Loss of Life......R.I.P To everyone connected.... :cry: :cry:

Reported in Liverpool Echo
Alps plane crash: 148 feared dead after plane crashes in the French Alps
11:30, 24 March 2015 By Agency Staff
It is unlikely there will be any survivors in the crash involving an Airbus A320 flying from Spain to Germany

As many as 148 people are feared dead after an Airbus A320 passenger plane crashed in the French Alps.

A passenger plane has crashed in the French Alps and as many as 148 people are feared dead.

French President Francois Hollande said it was unlikely there would be any survivors in the crash involving an Airbus A320 flying from Spain to Germany.

The plane was operated by low-cost carrier Germanwings, which is owned by German airline Lufthansa.

It is thought to have gone down near the town of Digne, having left Barcelona on a flight to Dusseldorf. There are believed to have been 142 passengers and six crew on board.

A French government spokeswoman said: "I can confirm that the accident took place. We do not know the exact number of people involved but hope to release more information at a later stage. We are trying to find out more information about what happened."

Germanwings said: "We have recently become aware of media reports speculating on an incident, though we still do not have any own confirmed information.

"As soon as definite information is available, we shall inform the media immediately."

A German Airbus passenger plane has crashed in the French Alps, according to reports
In a statement on Twitter, Airbus said: "We are aware of the media reports. All efforts are now going towards assessing the situation. We will provide further information as soon as available."

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said: "My heart goes out to the family and friends of those people who appear to have lost their lives in this devastating air crash in the Alps."

President Hollande said: "An aeroplane of the Germanwings company has just crashed near to Digne.

"I want to express all my solidarity with the families of the victims. A counselling unit will be established to provide psychological support.

"I will discuss the incident with (Germany's) Chancellor Angela Merkel and Spanish individual Philip VI, who is visiting us today. As we wait, our first feeling should be one of solidarity."

He added: "I will have meetings with Chancellor Merkel because there were a number of German victims, and I will also contact an individual of Spain.

"This is an air tragedy and we will try to understand the reasons and causes of the accident, and obviously we will give the concerned authorities as well as the victims support.

"This is a mourning period, because this is a tragedy that has happened on our territory. I intend to find out if there were other consequences of the accident ... and we will find out more in the hours to come."

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 25, 2015, 6:25 am

Sadly these plane disaster threads seem very frequent. Still I think the stats probably say we're more at risk travelling to the airport than flying in a plane.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » March 25, 2015, 8:52 am

a 24 year old aluminum can pressurized to 10psi at 30,000 ft . :-k and having
such overriding computer systems pilots can't even fly it manually if something
goes wrong . it does make you wonder. :-s

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 25, 2015, 8:59 am

I was watching the news last night and they said 2014 was the safest year yet for air travel despite the two Malaysian Air disasters.
This crash seems particularily sad with 16 schoolchildren,2 teachers from the same school and also 2 babies amongst the victims.
The plane was at its cruising heat of 38,000 feet for just 1 minute before descending steeply to 6,000 feet in just 8 minutes before it hit the mountain.No distress call was sent out which is odd.
Experts are surmising maybe both engines failed or there was decompression that led to the pilot and co-pilot being unconcious which would explain no mayday call being sent out.

RIP to all the victims and condolences to the families.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 25, 2015, 11:54 am

CNN becomes a real pain when these things happen, with conjecture, they will spend day reporting an event that took mins. to occur. Already trying to put a terrorist twist on it, with no information to indicate that. I feel for the families and I doubt they need this shoved down their throats right now. These black boxes should be recovered soon. Then we have news. Not a fairy tales.

CNN is getting to be a very poor news source IMHO
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 25, 2015, 12:17 pm

bumper wrote:CNN becomes a real pain when these things happen, with conjecture, they will spend day reporting an event that took mins. to occur. Already trying to put a terrorist twist on it, with no information to indicate that. I feel for the families and I doubt they need this shoved down their throats right now. These black boxes should be recovered soon. Then we have news. Not a fairy tales.

CNN is getting to be a very poor news source IMHO
1 Of the " Black Boxes " has been recovered,It's the Flight Data recorder,Hopefully that will explain why the tragedy happened....

Search is just about to resume at 1st light, After being called off after night fall,Last Night..

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 25, 2015, 2:23 pm

Off topic but I had to raise a smile at TW after she heard this tragic news.

We have just completed a trip to my home taking 8 individual flights, she was concerned right from the planning stages being scared of flying. She came crawling into my study a few minutes ago thanking Budda and me for a safe holiday. [-o<

As I said to her the scariest part of the trip was the 100 km night drive from the Udon Thani airport to our home in the village. :badteeth:

IMHO and I have read statistically:- No matter what the reason for this latest tragedy flying is still the safest form of transport.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

wayneor0
udonmap.com

Post by wayneor0 » March 25, 2015, 3:30 pm

8 MINS SCREAMING YOUR THROAT WOULD BE RAW AND I RECON I WOULD HAVE SHOT MY DENTURES OUT IN THE 1ST MINUTE,LONG TIME BEFORE HITTING THE DECK.WAS ON A FLIGHT TO VEGAS 30 YRS AGO THAT DROPPED FEW 1000 FT BEFORE COMING RIGHT BUT SO MANY LET PANIC TAKE CONTROL AND THE SCREAMING WAS REAL SCARY.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » March 25, 2015, 4:38 pm

RIP to all on board. The A320 is one of the most reliable planes flying. I hope they find the cause soon ....

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 26, 2015, 1:18 am

Been watching the news and some interesting comments regarding the crash site .........very remote but absolutely no fires from impact OR FUEL ....... so early into the flight there should be lots of burning fuel SHOULDNT THERE?? . Dont suppose they forgot to refuel ? but some thing is really strange here and lets hope the black box can reveal the exact reasons for this tragedy ... very sad indeed .

RIP to all on board .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

wayneor0
udonmap.com

Post by wayneor0 » March 26, 2015, 5:48 am

we all have to fly.pointless getting to upset about those lost in crashes,if we let it get to us it only makes flight stressful

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 26, 2015, 8:44 am

This story came out on Good Morning America a short while ago.I cannot find anywhere else where the report is substantiated.If its not true,its a pretty poor show that this is allowed to be published as it has no regard whatsoever for the grieving families !

Germanwings Pilot Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France: Report

By BEN CANDEA 1 hour ago Good Morning America

Germanwings Pilot Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France: Report (ABC News)

One of the pilots of the Germanwings flight that crashed in the French Alps may have been locked out of the cockpit, a senior military official involved in the investigation told The New York Times.
The official said that the audio on the cockpit voice recorder indicated one of the pilots was outside of the cockpit and unable to re-enter, according to the paper. The unnamed official described hearing the pilot unable to re-enter the cockpit lightly knocked on the door at first - before pounding on it.
"You can hear he is trying to smash the door down," he told the Times.
ABC News was unable to independently confirm the report.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » March 26, 2015, 9:37 am

if you have time , go on YouTube and google air France flight 296 . really shocking video of
an a320 accident at an air show in '88 . shows computer and pilot battling for control. no winner

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » March 26, 2015, 11:45 am

Now I guess the boarding procedure will include poking one's head in the crew area and asking if anyone is feeling suicidal today, :roll:
Every day I wake up is a good day.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 26, 2015, 11:56 am

BigBubba wrote:Now I guess the boarding procedure will include poking one's head in the crew area and asking if anyone is feeling suicidal today, :roll:

The argument for pilotless planes is gaining momentum. :roll:

or at least the 2nd pilot has a key.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » March 26, 2015, 12:54 pm

Its being reported here in the UK that one of the pilots was locked out and the Aircraft, and it made a controlled decent into the ground. In my opinion this can only point to Pilot Suicide.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 26, 2015, 1:13 pm

Pilot suicide and passenger murder. :(
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » March 26, 2015, 5:35 pm

The latest bbc news mentions about one of the pilots being locked out,even mentions one had 6000 flying hours and the other passed his flying in 2013 and has much less experience.no mention which one :-k
Even if the pin access number to inform the pilot flying was ignored the news advises there is an override allowable for access, known to pilots,so instead of banging hard on the door it is supposedly a last resort action if having enough time.

Maybe new guidelines should advise pilots to go for a piss or dump before these type of flights with limited flying time =; or an air stewardess takes the place in the cockpit if it has to be,german law allows short emergency trips out of the cockpits by pilots 8)

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » March 26, 2015, 7:55 pm

How about, Pilot wants a pee opens the cockpit door, A terrorist pushes past him slams the door.
Overpowers the Other pilot. and takes over the controls.
Possible! Who knows?
Mai mee tahng !

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 26, 2015, 7:56 pm

The Latest " Speculation " from ITN News.....

125 UPDATES 26 March 2015 at 11:51am
German co-pilot 'appears to have crashed plane deliberately'

The co-pilot of Germanwings Flight 4U 9525 appears to have crashed the Airbus A320 deliberately, the Marseille prosecutor said. The co-pilot - a German - has been named as Andreas Lubitz.

35 minutes ago
Death 'was instantaneous' in Germanwings crash
Screams could only be heard "in the last moment and death was instantaneous" before the Germanwings flight crashed into the Alps at more than 430mph, the Marseille prosecutor said.
The Airbus is a big plane so the passengers are next to the cockpit. We only hear screams at the very end, it's in the last moment and death was instantaneous, it hit the mountain at 700kpm per hour.

Return to “Travel & Transport”