Thai Airways new business plan

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » October 7, 2014, 5:12 pm

Was trying to enquire and then book online (thai airway site) today for 1st Nov returning 6th Nov UT to Ho Chi Minh with Thai airways. Couldn't get bookings UT to BKK.
Sent a message asking why the online service is not available to book UT to BKK. Advised that confusion is supreme at the moment with the change to DM

Very swift answer below maybe only 20 minutes

Dear Sir,
We are so sorry that due to the relocation of THAI SMILE OFFICE to DMK airport our domestic flights were affected to reschedule for a few weeks; however, please kindly check again on our website with the different dates. Some flight still have the fare presenting on website.
Kindly check with this information TG XXX (3 digits) will be operated by THAI Airways and TG/WEXXXX (4 digits) will be operated by THAI SMILE Airways.
So, please kindly carefully check for DMK and BKK airports are not the same.
Kindly try with the following method before you make a new booking,
- Allow your internet pop-up blocked in the internet browser setting.
- Clear/delete all your website history in your Chrome.
- Make a new booking in ‘GLOBAL SITE’ on our website >>> http://www.thaiairways.com/en/index.page?
- Unmark on remember ‘traveler detail and payment information for future visit’.
We do so sorry for this inconvenience caused.
Please kindly make a new booking by these above methods.
Thank you for your kind understanding.
We do really appreciated to welcome you on board with THAI J
Your sincerely,

So then asked another question more direct, are you moving UT BKK flight to DM
Another swift answer in 20 minutes or less

Dear Sir,
Please kindly check for your preferred flight on THAI SMILE website in the next few days for the flight after 26 OCT 14 >> http://www.thaismileair.com/index
THAI Airways as mentioned TGXXX will be still operated at Suwannabhumi Airport (BKK) and we also still have many domestic flight operating for passenger.
By the way, please kindly check flight again in the next few days.
Thank you for your email.
Your sincerely,

Make of that what you like.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 7, 2014, 7:08 pm

Phuked up or what and NO its not Phuket

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » October 7, 2014, 8:41 pm

I guess this why they a loosing so much money they can not decide what to do thank god the bufoons on the ground do not have to fly the planes, they would never get off the ground.

Aptera
udonmap.com

Post by Aptera » October 7, 2014, 9:01 pm

I just received a new e-mail from Thai airways .... before they changed my flight from BKK to Udon (from Suvarnabhumi to DM) ... now they changed again from DM to Suvarnabhumi !!!

The flight is on December

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » October 17, 2014, 1:02 pm

Looks like status quo remains, ( for how long?) my company has confirmed me out of swampy to UT 26th oct
And when now online checking for booking other flights 1st Nov UT to BKK and return 5th or 6th Nov all showing in and out from suvarnabhumi.

Big plus is I can continue to enjoy the UT airport 80 baht Thai gold privilage. An almost cold singha \:D/

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 17, 2014, 1:50 pm

Thai increased their luggage allowances also.

Economy is 30 kg. Business and Gold Card now 40 kg.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » October 17, 2014, 5:59 pm

Has baggage increase just been announced? Wasnt in place last week when I flew BKK/UTH. Got stung THB500 for 5kg in excess of 20kg limit. Have previously been able to talk my way round extra charge but there was no budging the sweetie on the check in desk

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 17, 2014, 6:07 pm

Got an email from TG on it last week.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » October 17, 2014, 6:24 pm

I got done last trip out to work I had 47 KG. I got 20KG plus 20kg for gold card. Thai smile hit me for 7kg at UT and Thai air international flying to dhaka let me go with no charge.

So now we get 30kg plus 20kg for gold. 50 kg that's a lot. If I go royal silk then it's 40 plus 20. I'll have to hire a personal Nepalese porter. :-

"Checked Baggage Policy by Weight Concept applicable to Purely Domestic Sectors
Categories
Maximum Combined Weight of All Pieces
Royal Silk Class 40 kg (88 pounds)
Economy Class 30 kg (66 pounds)
Infant not occupying a seat 10 kg (22 pounds)
ROP & Star Alliance Gold Members Extra 20 kg (44 pounds)
ROP Silver Member (On TG sectors only) Extra 10 kg (22 pounds)

GoodBoy

Post by GoodBoy » October 18, 2014, 10:34 pm

Thai increased their luggage allowances except flight operated by Thai Smile.
Thai Smile get 20 kg for economy class and 30 kg for Smile plus or premium economy class.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » October 19, 2014, 7:34 am

GoodBoy wrote:Thai increased their luggage allowances except flight operated by Thai Smile.
Thai Smile get 20 kg for economy class and 30 kg for Smile plus or premium economy class.

Goodboy
Correct, thanks for clarifying.
But, Thai smile being the cheap Charlie version of Thai won't miss a kilo of excess checked in baggage, but like a lot of airlines lately, and annoyingly, they seem to let people carry on half a house of luggage. It amazes me when I sit there quietly watching the kaos as people try to fit all that carry on into the overhead locker.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » October 19, 2014, 8:31 am

Too right Barney. 2 things really p*** me off. First having someone who can't be arsed to check in luggage squash my satchel with a suitcase containing their wordly goods as they squeeze it in the overhead locker. Second, people standing as close as they can to the conveyor belt whilst waiting for their bags so no-one can see their luggage come round. I would pay more to use an airline who operated a conveyor belt with 1 metre length swords attached that slice off the legs of people who stand too close (a bit like Boadicea's chariot). Anyone want to suggest this to Thai Smile?

dtammakhung
udonmap.com

Post by dtammakhung » October 21, 2014, 6:59 pm

I think problem is not the airline. Tourists no longer wish to come to Thailand because of those dangerous Burmese. Friend ex London Bangkok return British Airways 480 pounds arriving December 12. He sent me copy of itinerary with price. What does Thai Airways charge?

dtammakhung
udonmap.com

Post by dtammakhung » October 21, 2014, 7:04 pm

samster wrote:Has baggage increase just been announced? Wasnt in place last week when I flew BKK/UTH. Got stung THB500 for 5kg in excess of 20kg limit. Have previously been able to talk my way round extra charge but there was no budging the sweetie on the check in desk
cheap Charlie's should get the 246 baht train like me :-"

kakariki
udonmap.com

Post by kakariki » October 25, 2014, 2:55 am

I just booked Melbourne to Udon, can take 30kg Mel - Bkk, but only 20kg Bkk- Udon, how stupid is this, I think they have lost the plot.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 25, 2014, 1:23 pm

K you are effectively switching airline companies.

Int is with Thai Airways International and Domestic is Thai Smile their budget airline.

same as flying Qantas into Oz and jumping a Jetstar flight to get home internally.

Khon Kaen still has 2 ? Thai Airways flights and 3 Thai Smile now.

MrFixer
udonmap.com

Post by MrFixer » October 27, 2014, 6:01 am

For multicarrier journeys you should follow Most Significant Carrier (MSC) regulations ~ baggage allowance of carrier crossing IATA tariff area or subregion should prevail for the whole journey.
This is the theory of course - I always have big problems with the Chinese airlines not following the regs and its fruitless trying to argue with them..

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » October 28, 2014, 5:25 pm

Came back afternoon and Nok air was there first for the walkway so first time walking on the tarmac to the luggage area with Thai for years :shock: :D ,but at least they had a flight,looked on the departures at Swampy and the Bangkokair afternoon flight was cancelled :shock:

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » October 28, 2014, 5:39 pm

Last Thursday I flew down to Bkk first flight am and 1520 return with Lion Air only complaints 15 minutes late leaving UT that was because the incoming flight from Bkk was late 10 minutes late leaning Bkk because they waited for a late arrival she was Thai no other complaints for the price a good budget flight

kakariki
udonmap.com

Post by kakariki » October 29, 2014, 9:37 am

wazza wrote:K you are effectively switching airline companies.

Int is with Thai Airways International and Domestic is Thai Smile their budget airline.

same as flying Qantas into Oz and jumping a Jetstar flight to get home internally.

Khon Kaen still has 2 ? Thai Airways flights and 3 Thai Smile now.
Yes I understand that but I still think they should look after international travellers better, they have only just changed this as I booked and flew to Udon a month ago and used Thai right through, then 3 weeks ago I booked to go again at Christmas and wasn't able to book right through with Thai and had to use Thai Smile for the internal. Thai smile have quoted me THB250/5kg over which is half reasonable if it's true.
Barry

Return to “Travel & Transport”