Thai Airways new business plan

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » July 29, 2014, 12:07 am

Last I saw it was in reorg plan, but no firm date

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 29, 2014, 12:27 am

maaka wrote:booked in October Auck to BKK on Thai, now are you telling me that after I spend the whole night, shuffling like a zombie around Swampy terminal until morning to catch an early flight to Udon, there wont be a flight???...or just not by Thai air..
Maaka

what u don't need is to book with Thai Smile and a week before you fly, being told the move to DM is going to happen the day before you fly and 00's of Pax affected all wanting to get on that early flight etc

My advice, book Bangkok Airways now, and ur confirmed etc..

Thai Airways will most likely up the shuttle bus service, but remember its international flights are not so much determined as to what time they leave Swampy, but the slot they have at the arriving destination.

For evening flights to Europe / UK and Australasia you will need to grab the afternoon flight, to DM , shuttle across .

Leaving on their evening flight to DM and shuttle across is cutting it very fine for check in, the only saving grace for now, is that Swampy is empty as the numbers as predicted by TOT have dropped off.

When I complained to the Thai manager in Udon, back in April about the cancelling of morning flights, I predicted that Thai Smile, will do exactly this and be a budget airline and TG hope that connecting Pax will go to BKK Airways .

The only domestic flights from Swampy for Thai will be code shares from their international sectors to preserve the pressure from TOT. Chiang Mai, Phuket, Hat Yai.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 30, 2014, 12:39 am

Well, it's bl00dy annoying because I've spent the last 10 years getting an early bird cab down to Bangers so I can hook up to the lunchtime flight back to Blighty. This year, my flight leaves Swampy at 1230 so I'm tight for time.

Bl00dy little men! :evil:

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 30, 2014, 12:58 am

BKK Airways Earnest, only chance to make it.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 30, 2014, 1:00 am

It looks like it.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 30, 2014, 1:35 am

Earnest - Your time line looks like this :

0700 - check in at UTH, to ensure a chair and table to get your last Leo in, before boarding. don't laugh as I see many expats with multiple beers AKA Hop Sandwich's for breakfast.

0800 - Latest you can leave Udon / REMEMBER that all morning flights originate at BKK . So allow for a 30 min turnover, no rain , means the earliest flight out of DM is your only chance.

0900 - Latest to arrive at DM, collect bags , queue for taxi or wait for the shuttle bus, TIT suggests it has departed 10 mins , before you have collected your bags. Allow a minimum of 1 hour for traffic, rain , even though your on express ways. That's also blown 500 Baht minimum, So savings on a cheap tkt have gone... 10 mins for a vehicle inspection as part of your Risk Assessment ( Optional Extra )

1030 - Check in at Swampy

1230 - Flight departure. You there in seat 45 D, Turn off your Bose Noise Cancelling headset !

Forgive me if Ive missed something out for you to review ....

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 30, 2014, 1:53 am

Weather in DM - could delay the morning departure.
BKK Airways out of Swampy is your only chance. Weather still an issue...

When I have used them, I actually drive to the airport and book it from their staff / office to get them to note my domestic international connection. They don't charge any % for Credit Card usage either from their airport sales office.

Join their Frequent Flyer Programme, ( On line registration ) and get 30 Kg baggage allowance I think.

Whats confusing for me, is the Board aka Generals are restructuring with numbers that maybe are not accurate, they have / are using massive drops in air travel to wipe Thai Smile out of Swampy, When Thailand has massive budget airline flights already provided by Nok, Air Asia. ( I stand corrected but for now 13 ? Flights per day from Udon to BKK )

I would be interested to know what Tourism of Thailand think of all these proposed changes and downgrades, as this suggests that Swampy is no longer is able to provide internal connections to international commuters.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 30, 2014, 2:40 am

Impressive. 8)

So I'm travelling back to Blighty on a Saturday morning.

That means I take the BKK Airways 0915 out of UTH.

Arrive at BKK 1020.

Off the jet (knocking over the Old Dears in my haste to exit the tube) and into the baggage area to wait 30 minutes for Khun Somchai to load my African Crocodile suitcases onto the belt.

Rush upstairs to the EVA check in then fight through the surly Trans Aero Slavs at Immigration (Note to self: book in for remedial equality and diversity training with employer) to make it to the gate at 1150 hours.

Achievable. 8)

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 30, 2014, 3:48 am

Thanks Captain, and Fella's for your replies, information, and help..
sorry I had forgotten I had even posted..but will do..

I do things the hard way, so after a 9 hr flight, I then wander around the terminus for 12hrs till the morning, so the last thing I need is to have to tromp over to DM..Its hard enough trying to find the airport bus...

looks like I will have to do an Ernie on the way back...I always get an late afternoon departure out of BKK on the way back out to civilization, so if early morning fog sets in at Udon I have time up my sleeve..

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 30, 2014, 5:06 am

Earnest wrote:Impressive. 8)

So I'm travelling back to Blighty on a Saturday morning.

That means I take the BKK Airways 0915 out of UTH.

Arrive at BKK 1020.

Off the jet (knocking over the Old Dears in my haste to exit the tube) and into the baggage area to wait 30 minutes for Khun Somchai to load my African Crocodile suitcases onto the belt.

Rush upstairs to the EVA check in then fight through the surly Trans Aero Slavs at Immigration (Note to self: book in for remedial equality and diversity training with employer) to make it to the gate at 1150 hours.

Achievable. 8)
Would really love to see some stunning lady waiting at the incoming air bridge with a sign and your name on it. EVA flight 1234 Mr Earnest, laew laew ! We have Thunderbird 7 Cart for you.

Saving Grace for the Swampy queues , is there aren't any at the moment.

I use the Fast Track lane and have to walk past the normally full immigration halls, don't bother now... as no time benefit.

Be interesting to see if the proposed changes to Thai Smiles location and subsequent international connections means some flights to BKK will need to be changed to an evening flight and will Thai Smile pay for the accommodation and commuting costs etc... Im sure no insurance policy will pay for a missed flight connection, due to Thai Smile changing locations.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » July 30, 2014, 8:34 am

With all this rushing around and uncertainty with times why not go down the evening before and stay overnight at a nearby hotel - then no rush, panic, worry in the morning ?
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » July 30, 2014, 8:46 am

joepai wrote:With all this rushing around and uncertainty with times why not go down the evening before and stay overnight at a nearby hotel - then no rush, panic, worry in the morning ?
This is always my plan going both ways

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 30, 2014, 1:45 pm

oyoyo..I paid an arm and a leg for that Bkk Air ticket for October..but at least I have it in my hot little hand..the ticket that is..

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 30, 2014, 5:35 pm

About 1600 maaka ? Same price as Thai Smile. Unless u go for a cheaper non refundable tkt.

450 b for taxi DM to Swampy inc tolls and airport fee .

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 30, 2014, 5:58 pm

no comment, except to say I choked when the travel agent gave me the price, and it was the highest price I had ever paid for a BKK to Udon ticket by any carrier, by a long shot..even the non refundable ticket was much higher than the price you gave Waz....I even grilled the agent as to what part was their cut of the price, nothing, it was all the airline..,maybe better price shopping online....but not a problem, I 'll suck it up...

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 30, 2014, 6:08 pm

Oh dear maaka ...

Websaver price for a 1 way ticket in October, early morning flight, including taxes 1,090 baht....
ba.jpg

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 30, 2014, 6:30 pm

yes I just checked that Bob so I wondering why I paid $175 NZ, or roughly 4375bt one way...must be in the pilots seat..
Needless to say I will be leaning on Flight Centre tomorrow to explain...

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » July 30, 2014, 6:51 pm

I always book online with Thai "Perth - Udon" return. Perth-Bkk = $980.00, Perth-Udon = $1,030.00 Return. Costs me $50.00 extra for the Udon return flight ....

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 30, 2014, 7:00 pm

ohh dont rub it in Ardy..be jasus, its painful enough..
so far its costing me $1700NZ return Auck /Bkk / Udon / BKK / Auck..
I could go to Melbourne and back ten times for that, but then I would to put up with all the Aussies..

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » July 30, 2014, 7:07 pm

We're Lovely People .... Ba$$tard :razz:

Return to “Travel & Transport”