US credit card rejected by AirAsia, NokAir

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Re: US credit card rejected by AirAsia, NokAir

Post by wokkawombat » September 2, 2009, 3:04 pm

Between 6 June 2009 and 20 August 2009 I have booked 9 flights with Air Asia. I used a VISA Card issued by the ANZ bank in Australia and verified by Visa. Not a hitch.

John

Gurgle, Gurgle...

mally
udonmap.com

Post by mally » September 3, 2009, 10:06 pm

Last week I tried to use a Lloyds Debit card in UT, rejected, then my Lloyds Credit card and Alliance & Leicester Debit cards were both rejected, went into Kassikorn Bank and was advised to phone my bank in the UK as cards are often stopped when used in Thailand. I did phone and Kassikorn were right, due to fraud my bank had rejected the transactions as they were not in my "normal banking usage", a quick chat with my bank to confirm my identity etc and the cards were in action again within 5 mins, however I was told to inform them in advance of my next trip as they were going to lock them again on my return to UK.
I suppose I should be glad that they are at last taking action to stop card fraud.

Goldcoaster au
udonmap.com

Post by Goldcoaster au » September 3, 2009, 11:46 pm

wokkawombat l leave a savings card in thailand..............only put money in it if needed..........ANZ rang me up asking was it ok my cards being used in thailand .........they do look at the accounts here in aussie.

Green Grasser

Post by Green Grasser » September 4, 2009, 8:39 am

Two updates:

1. US bank issuer of my Visa credit card.

I wrote my bank to accept only overseas charges involving foreign airlines and foreign hotels. The bank telephoned me today and said that it could not categorize which charges were which, but assured me that I had "100 percent fraud protection".

I do not know what that last phrase means? Probably has something to do with a limit on the days after a fraudulent charge to notify someone, notify in writing, file a police report, take a lie detector test [just joking], etc.

2. Email to AirAsia.

I received an email from AirAsia about my membership. I sent a email to the From address citing my problem with my credit card. My email provider immediately notified me that the AirAsia email address was nonfunctional.

Next, I looked for an email address on the AirAsia web site. There was an email form that started with the first line on typing in a number from your claim or something like that. I typed in a series of zero's and then described my problem with my credit card. I mentioned that my credit card issuer said that it had received no submission of a charge from AirAsia. I clicked Send and it apparently was submitted.

I got the following reply:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
GSM09J09373 :
Sent: Thu 9/03/09 2:58 AM
To: ... @ ... .com

Dear Mr ... ,

We had check on this many times and also submitted a report to the department involved. There seem to be no error on our page and our payment server at all. You may try using a different credit card or contact our callcenter. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Elijah
Customer Care Officer

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, the AirAsia does shed a little light. Interpretations are, of course, wide open.

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » September 5, 2009, 5:32 pm

I have had problems using US credit/debit cards booking flts over the years with China Air, Nok and Air Asia. None of them were really explanable. Usually I just play with the card holder name until their site ok's it. My passport, card name and frequent flyer names don't exactly match up due to website differences. Sometimes everything goes through, sometimes not. I can't explain and neither can they, so I just keep putting in until the right combination comes up. Frustrating to say the least and often very time consuming. Phone calls have never helped.

bonnieya

Post by bonnieya » October 7, 2009, 12:30 pm

Why did the free credit check ask me for a credit card number? I need a credit check on myself. I have done this in the past, and never needed a credit card number. I have never given a credit card number without being charged. Does anyone know of a free credit check without giving a credit card number?

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » October 7, 2009, 10:15 pm

Bonnieya,
Try the following link, I believe it is the official starting place for the U.S. government required free report from the 3 major reporting agencies. Since you can only check each one one time a year I check one diffent agency each 4 to 5 months. The reason the other "free" sites want a credit card number is to enroll you in one of their charged services while giveing you the free report. When picking the state foe below link, use the state of offical residence in the U.S.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

pktun

Post by pktun » January 4, 2018, 9:15 pm

It's easy to check the available balance on your card.

· Call Customer Service 24/7 at 1-888-294-2249

*By clicking on this link you are www.tdbank.com leaving our website and entering a third-party website over which we have no control.

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » January 5, 2018, 8:00 pm

Pay at 7 - 11, sorted.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 5, 2018, 8:02 pm

Always takes mine. :)
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 5, 2018, 8:13 pm

Given that pktun has resurrected a 9 year dead thread & provided a link to a banking site in his post then I would suggest the word
spammer
probably applies easiest to his contribution.. :D
The additional facts that it the first post & comes from a Pakistani IP address are probably needless additional confirmations.. :D

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 5, 2018, 8:57 pm

Or SCAMMER, Bob ??

Return to “Travel & Transport”