Parking at Udon Thani Airport

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Post by martynsnowman » September 3, 2008, 8:55 am

hi to all ,
just a quick 1 , do you think its safe to leave my pick up at udon airport for a week or so when i fly out ???
or will it be stolen or broken into , about 7 days at most 10.
i,m not a cheap charly about a tut,tut or taxi , its just where its parked at my house the wifes family fly past it on there motorbikes and don,t care less . thats when i,m there. when i,m away heven only knows .
thanks martyn .

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Re: udon airport

Post by JimboPSM » September 3, 2008, 9:03 am

Link to thread on same subject posted a few months ago:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... f=7&t=1756
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

patriot
udonmap.com

Post by patriot » September 3, 2008, 9:08 am

Scroll down to Parrot's post, Martysnowman, I do this everytime I go out for a few days. A top service

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 3, 2008, 9:11 am

Just to add to the body of experience.

I parked my pick up at the airport for about 16 days at the end of June. No problems, other than being covered in leaves, and the rear tray resembling a swimming pool (it was the wet season).

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Post by martynsnowman » September 3, 2008, 9:21 am

JimboPSM wrote:Link to thread on same subject posted a few months ago:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... f=7&t=1756
thanks jimbo , sorry i did,nt see the thread before , only 100bt per day and under cover . all my problems sorted .. =D> .
martyn.

laphanphon

Re: Parking at Udon Thani Airport

Post by laphanphon » September 3, 2008, 3:44 pm

that's way too cheap for piece of mind. i have parked at airport weeks at a time w/no problems, but would use the service in the future. 8)

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 3, 2008, 5:05 pm

I have parked there twice!Once for 8 days and once for 6 days,absolutely no problems.

I have to admit that I was a bit concerned though!I will check out the 100 baht park next time though!Thanks for the info! :D

dill
udonmap.com

Post by dill » September 7, 2008, 5:29 am

have parked there before for a cople of days and have never had any problems

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » October 15, 2015, 6:29 am

Lanes one to five basically opposite the check in door are free overnight. I parked there for three nights on the weekend just gone. Get there early though and allow yourself time to find a space and avoid all the double parking mutants. I did see a tow truck doing the rounds armed with equipment like a removal vehicle seen in the UK. If the brown smelly stuff hits the fan and you can't find a free space, you can take the paying option. One hundred baht a night compared to Heathrow/Gatwick is 'Lauren Bacall'. Just stopping at the pick up point at Edinburgh's Turnhouse Airport is a rip off. Spaces are limited and my stepson had an argument in Thai with a local over the space I had lined up and instead of telling him to get to the check in and departure lounge, he told him to make a sexual departure in English.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 10, 2015, 9:59 pm

Yesterday I returned from a 12 day trip, to find my car had been nabbed by the airport police.

I had parked in the exit road, on the far side from the terminal, virtually at the top of the short-term parking area outside arrivals. This was after doing 3 complete laps of both parking areas in a futile attempt to get a spot.

Recovering the vehicle was relatively painless, involving a TBH500 payment at the inquiries counter in the hall outside arrivals, and a short ride on the back of a police motor bike to where my vehicle was parked, and clamped.

To get some perspective, if I had parked in the "secure" area in the far car park ( where I also looked, but it was also chockers), it would have cost me TBH1,200. :D

rreddin
udonmap.com

Post by rreddin » November 10, 2015, 10:39 pm

Does anybody have any information about the undercover parking facility opposite the PEA building on the ring road? The t/w says it is for airport parking, but I have not seen any signs to confirm that.

waanjai
udonmap.com

Post by waanjai » November 10, 2015, 11:08 pm

You mean this one? Have a call.
UD Park Space.jpg
UD Park Space

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » November 11, 2015, 7:22 am

jackspratt wrote: I had parked in the exit road, on the far side from the terminal, virtually at the top of the short-term parking area outside arrivals.

Recovering the vehicle was relatively painless, involving a TBH500 payment at the inquiries counter in the hall outside arrivals, and a short ride on the back of a police motor bike to where my vehicle was parked, and clamped.
Was the car impounded for illegal parking or extended stay? Either way there should have been hundreds of em clamped. There can't possibly be that many people in the airport for the number of cars parked up, these days.

Did they give you a "brain bucket" for the bike ride? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 11, 2015, 11:24 am

Not sure of the actual "offence", Dero.

I was definitely outside the section marked for short-term parking, and I am not aware if there are overstay limits in other areas of the carpark.

For 500, I wasn't about to hang around and argue my case (if I had one) with a copper who spoke no English.

No helmet for me, although the chauffeur was wearing his police issue.

The area pointed out above by rreddin and waanjai is of some interest.

My translator tells me the brochure says TBH100/day, with free transport to/from the airport.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » November 11, 2015, 12:58 pm

See my post on 15th October. The early bird catches the worm...........................and it's free
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 9, 2015, 5:07 pm

Plans are afoot for an additional 170 or more parking spaces at the airport.....perhaps in 2559. Believe it when you see the trucks bringing in landfill. Cost projected to be 193 million Baht.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/website_th/ne ... 2080010053

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » December 9, 2015, 8:46 pm

193 million baht for 170 parking spaces???? URRR Whaaaaat! Over a Million Baht a parking space?? I'd like to have that contract!!
Dave

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Post by hairyharry » December 9, 2015, 8:54 pm

I heard the additional space was intended to be exclusively for women drivers. As such the contractors have to make bays significantly larger along with a significant amount of extra manoeuvring room, and this has to be reflected in the cost.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » December 10, 2015, 6:51 am

Friend of mine is also looking at a multi story car park there.

hourly charges 1-3 hours perhaps

3-5 hours and then 1 day perhaps

After that daily rates or part there of.

Elevators, security, gated entry and exit with toll booths.

still doing a few budgets and tossing ideas around , but i think it was 50, 000 per space, plus the lane ways and and entry exit lanes, etc....

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » December 10, 2015, 10:07 am

I think the Thai Gov is missing a huge source of income. They already have a gated entrance. Why not charge a fee when you exit the airport. Say 20 baht for the first hour and then a sliding scale for hourly and daily rates after that. This is what most airports in the US and I assume in Europe do. The Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) Airport makes 100's of millions of dollars off parking.

I can guarantee it would open up parking spaces in the airport.

Return to “Travel & Transport”