Quarantine for domestic travel ?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Quarantine for domestic travel ?

Post by stattointhailand » April 20, 2021, 5:06 pm

tamada wrote:
April 20, 2021, 6:36 am
Unknown Thai driver for 600-odd kilometers versus 50 minutes on Nok Air. Got to admit that's a marginal call.

You can get full hazmat kit on lazada BTW.
marginal call?

In a car with one person (and open window if really worried) against stuck in a tube with 100 odd other possible carriers having your used air & germs recycled time and again around an enclosed space for an hour

know which I would take :-"

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » April 20, 2021, 5:30 pm

We were on a fishing trip to Koh Kut/Kood a dozen or so years ago when the yellow shirts shut down DM airport in Bangkok and we were stranded there. We elected to have a taxi drive us to Udon Thani. I believe it was about ฿6,000 back then for the trip. Probably a little more today. Pleasant trip.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 20, 2021, 6:17 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 20, 2021, 5:06 pm
tamada wrote:
April 20, 2021, 6:36 am
Unknown Thai driver for 600-odd kilometers versus 50 minutes on Nok Air. Got to admit that's a marginal call.

You can get full hazmat kit on lazada BTW.
marginal call?

In a car with one person (and open window if really worried) against stuck in a tube with 100 odd other possible carriers having your used air & germs recycled time and again around an enclosed space for an hour

know which I would take :-"
More people die on the roads here than die from Covid.

What zone's my check-in again?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 20, 2021, 6:41 pm

It's not moved tam .......

THE DARK ZONE where it's always been :lol:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 21, 2021, 7:09 pm

I can confirm inter provincial travel is NOT a problem so long as you get all your ducks in a row prior to leaving and check up on restrictions and regulations in the province where your journey terminates .

BTW a lot less traffic on the roads which is just as well with all the many nasty HW2 roadworks that are currently on the go.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » April 21, 2021, 7:53 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 21, 2021, 7:09 pm
I can confirm inter provincial travel is NOT a problem so long as you get all your ducks in a row prior to leaving and check up on restrictions and regulations in the province where your journey terminates .

BTW a lot less traffic on the roads which is just as well with all the many nasty HW2 roadworks that are currently on the go.

DM
Nok Air just canceled my May 10th flight Udon to Chiang Mai because of the Covid-19 situation. Inter provincial travel is not a problem? Are you in Thailand or some other country?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 21, 2021, 7:59 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
April 21, 2021, 7:53 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Nok Air just canceled my May 10th flight Udon to Chiang Mai because of the Covid-19 situation. Inter provincial travel is not a problem? Are you in Thailand or some other country?
AirAsia scratched their Phuket-Chiang Mai service too.

Apart from the crap air, why on earth would one want to Chiang Mai at this time when it's second to Bangkok in the coronavirus championship?

PS: DM didn't use Nok Air either.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » April 21, 2021, 8:03 pm

tamada wrote:
April 21, 2021, 7:59 pm
anefarious1 wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

Apart from the crap air, why on earth would one want to Chiang Mai at this time when it's second to Bangkok in the coronavirus championship?

For an important scheduled consulate appointment

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 21, 2021, 8:08 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
I can confirm inter provincial ROAD travel is NOT a problem so long as you get all your ducks in a row prior to leaving and check up on restrictions and regulations in the province where your journey terminates .

DM
Apologies post amended above .. yes i am in Thailand

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 21, 2021, 8:28 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
April 21, 2021, 8:03 pm
tamada wrote:
anefarious1 wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

Then it's a 9 or 10 hour road trip. Same rules as DM mentioned.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 21, 2021, 8:30 pm

tamada wrote:
April 21, 2021, 8:28 pm
anefarious1 wrote:
April 21, 2021, 8:03 pm
tamada wrote:
anefarious1 wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

Then it's a 9 or 10 hour road trip. Same rules as DM mentioned.

But I would check with the Consulate in question in case they've pulled the shutters down as well.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » April 21, 2021, 9:16 pm

anyone flown BKK to Udon in past week or two?

Business as usual?

I have three options I'm willing to consider;

Fly: BKK or DM to Udon
Get a private van to drive me
Rent a car and drive myself.

Under all normal circumstances I'd just fly like I always used to.

What say the wise members of Udon Map?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 21, 2021, 9:23 pm

Neighbours flew Krabi to Bangkok (stayed over 2 hours in airport at that time it was a RED ZONE then flew to Udon. Next day notifies Authorities now on Day 11 of 14 Day Quarantine

So if you fly through BKK be prepared of 14 days of watching the walls
If you come from a RED ZONE this equals 14 days quaratine, even if you fly, walk, drive, come by camel

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 21, 2021, 9:24 pm

IMO
defo by road ..
Options
Rot Tour ..coach .. XX big no no
Taxi meter ..meter off fixed price OK
Rent n self drive OK
Shared mini van .. X na

Traffic very light but lots of road works korat to kk to Udon mate ..may help ur decision

Once here .. 14 day home quarantine or report for health check up including covid test

Dm.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 21, 2021, 9:47 pm

So long-ass drive, test and home quarantine or car to airport, 1 hour flight, car to home, test... and home quarantine anyway.

I mentioned light duty hazmat kits are on lazada. Dressed up like a pillock for a couple of hours or eight hours sweaty bollocks? Up 2 u.
Screenshot_20210421-214920_1.jpg

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » April 21, 2021, 10:25 pm

I've just come from 10 days ASQ, would make no sense to do another 14 day quarantine in udon.

Is someone waiting at the airport to impose this quarantine upon you or all self regulated.

Had my fair share of bloody covid tests in past few weeks as it is.

Onto important topics where can I get a beer at 8am on Sukhumvit Soi 11 when I get released from this bloody ASQ hotel. I've got a thirst that'll sink a battleship.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 21, 2021, 10:52 pm

Udon's coronavirus doesn't care much if you've dodged Bangkok's coronavirus. Whichever way you chose to travel, you're still the "vehicle" that can come into contact and spread the otherwise immobile coronavirus. This isn't the same game as last year and the presence of this new, more infectious variant needs more attention.

Watched an expose on Thai telly tonight on how this latest ball ache kicked off from Bangkok bars and clubs. Even if they were still selling alcohol, I wouldn't go near one.

But you can still buy from 7 eleven or Foodland or Family Mart within the usual licensed hours, 11 am to 2 pm and 5 pm till 9 pm or whenever they close. If you need a coldie at 8 am on D-Day, maybe ask what your nice, friendly hotel reception can do in advance? Otherwise tough it out till 11.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » April 21, 2021, 11:06 pm

tamada wrote:
April 21, 2021, 10:52 pm
Udon's coronavirus doesn't care much if you've dodged Bangkok's coronavirus. Whichever way you chose to travel, you're still the "vehicle" that can come into contact and spread the otherwise immobile coronavirus. This isn't the same game as last year and the presence of this new, more infectious variant needs more attention.

Watched an expose on Thai telly tonight on how this latest ball ache kicked off from Bangkok bars and clubs. Even if they were still selling alcohol, I wouldn't go near one.

But you can still buy from 7 eleven or Foodland or Family Mart within the usual licensed hours, 11 am to 2 pm and 5 pm till 9 pm or whenever they close. If you need a coldie at 8 am on D-Day, maybe ask what your nice, friendly hotel reception can do in advance? Otherwise tough it out till 11.
And if you are vaccinated same rules? Not according to the wife and who am I a meer mortal to disagree, due home next month let's see and Tam Rowies at your butandben a must

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 22, 2021, 7:55 am

We already know that being vaccinated confers the bare minimum of benefits with regard to quarantine. Even the UK's much heralded late Spring "reopening" is predicated on the existence of and potential for change in infection rates due to these new variants. If it looks like the variants are defeating the existing defences, changes in behavior will be needed. The fact that countries like India, that seemed to have coped well with the "much worse" second wave last year, are now being hammered by this unheralded and mostly ungraphed third wave is very alarming. Yes, we can pass anecdotal tales of watching their people take a dump in the streets and ponder why they get so much traction in the halls of power, but the real lessons from the catastrophic rise in their Covid infection rates need to be taken onboard. I can hardly wait for Johnson's next, somber incantation of new catch phrases to "save the NHS", ie. stop being irresponsible and pay bloody attention.

For the time being, those that travel for work will have to be happy with paid or part-paid quarantines at either side of a job. Tourists and those who just want to live somewhere else will need to continue to roll with it.

And now...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 22, 2021, 8:02 am

I lieu of being able to host visitors at oor wee But an' Ben, here's something to be going on with.

Turn up the spikkers noo...

Return to “Travel & Transport”