Accommodation Wanted

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
purdy

Accommodation Wanted

Post by purdy » July 10, 2005, 2:10 pm

We are looking to rent a house in Udon, prefer 3 bedrooms, furnished or unfurnished.

Contact Martin or Fon
Martin 047912817
Fon 071654938

udon.co.nr

Bump
udonmap.com

Re: Accommodation Wanted

Post by Bump » September 19, 2005, 9:36 am

purdy wrote:We are looking to rent a house in Udon, prefer 3 bedrooms, furnished or unfurnished.

Contact Martin or Fon
Martin 047912817
Fon 071654938
No one bothered to respond so let me tell you what has worked for me, you have to drive the neighborhoods you have an interest in and start asking nieghbors wherever you see a vacant house. I have found each rental I have in this manner and it has never taken me more then a day.

There are very few sources for rental properties, the only business that I know of is FBI realty they are listed on the site.

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » September 19, 2005, 7:15 pm

ray23 wrote:
purdy wrote:We are looking to rent a house in Udon, prefer 3 bedrooms, furnished or unfurnished.
No one bothered to respond so let me tell you what has worked for me,

There are very few sources for rental properties, the only business that I know of is FBI realty they are listed on the site.
That makes us all sound really lazy. In all probability, nobody responded because as you quite rightly pointed out - there are few properties available for rent and its likely that nobody could help him out.

Generally all questions get answers in some form but if theres nobody who knows of a property - not much one can say !
This is a very active forum and I think most people are generally happy with their replies.

Paul 8)

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » September 19, 2005, 8:06 pm

Paul wrote:
ray23 wrote:
No one bothered to respond so let me tell you what has worked for me,

That makes us all sound really lazy. In all probability, nobody responded because as you quite rightly pointed out - there are few properties available for rent and its likely that nobody could help him out.

Generally all questions get answers in some form but if theres nobody who knows of a property - not much one can say !
This is a very active forum and I think most people are generally happy with their replies.

Paul 8)
Didn't mean anyone was lazy this is a tough one never have been able to find one without the search, if you noticed all I could do was offer and idea not a house LOL

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » September 19, 2005, 8:15 pm

FBI sometimes has houses for rent - but anything worth having gets snapped up very quickly. I'm with you - that the only way to find a rental property is to drive around and look for the hand written signs on the gates (you soon get to recognise the thai characters for 'sale' and 'rent')

And ask around too - the way it works is that whoever 'introduces' you to the landlord (or seller, if you are buying) gets a cut, so most people around make it their business to know what and where is for sale/rent.

Its a darn sight easier to do it the way we do it in the west - having real estate agents, but for some reason you can't convince the Thais of this.

Regards
Paul 8)

admin
Admin

Post by admin » September 20, 2005, 10:47 am

I responded to this guy a while back and recommended a place to stay via PM. He has now moved in to the place.

I do know of a 4 bedroom fully furnished property that will become available in November if anyone is interested. It is located in the middle of the city on a new housing estate. The estate has a swimming pool, games room and is very central.

I am not making a commission from this, I just noticed this place when I was looking for a property for my friend but it was a little out of her budget.

It's 8,000 baht per month and is located at N5 on the map just send me a PM or reply to this message and i will forward the number. Alternatively you could drive around the estate, I think it's called City Home, and the property is two houses away from the swimming pool on the corner, the telephone number is above the door.

FBI Real estate does have some nice rental properties from time to time but as Paul quite rightly says they are taken very quickly. There are probably lot's more properties for rent around but people rely on word of mouth rather than advertising in the real estate or using a sign.

It's a pity people don't advertise because it would make everyone's life alot easier.

P.S. Ray, welcome back to the forum
Admin

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » September 24, 2005, 11:13 am

admin wrote:I responded to this guy a while back and recommended a place to stay via PM. He has now moved in to the place.

I do know of a 4 bedroom fully furnished property that will become available in November if anyone is interested. It is located in the middle of the city on a new housing estate. The estate has a swimming pool, games room and is very central.

I am not making a commission from this, I just noticed this place when I was looking for a property for my friend but it was a little out of her budget.

It's 8,000 baht per month and is located at N5 on the map just send me a PM or reply to this message and i will forward the number. Alternatively you could drive around the estate, I think it's called City Home, and the property is two houses away from the swimming pool on the corner, the telephone number is above the door.

FBI Real estate does have some nice rental properties from time to time but as Paul quite rightly says they are taken very quickly. There are probably lot's more properties for rent around but people rely on word of mouth rather than advertising in the real estate or using a sign.

It's a pity people don't advertise because it would make everyone's life alot easier.

P.S. Ray, welcome back to the forum
Thanks for the welcome back.

Well thought I would see if anyone heard of anything recently. Have a friend moving down from Chaing Mia, wants what I have a nice 2 bedroom to bath place for 3500 a month. I don't think he will find that took me two years to find this one.

I think he will be here Monday, so we will start the neighborhood search.

In the off chance that anyone heard of anything recently I thought I would ask.

The guy already has everything he needs including aircon and is looking for long term. I don't think he will match what I have but he might be able to get close.

I've already put an inquiry in with FBI and they are looking.

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”