Just got my ASQ reservations

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Just got my ASQ reservations

Post by tamada » April 29, 2021, 5:06 pm

dunroaming wrote:
April 29, 2021, 4:14 pm
parrot wrote:
April 29, 2021, 3:48 pm
samster wrote:
April 29, 2021, 3:23 pm
How would an ASQ hotel in Udon work for long haul travellers? The hotel would have to send a private vehicle to transit the passenger from BKK.
Having done ASQ in Bangkok, having worked COE/ASQ through the embassy in DC, I'm pretty confident in saying that ASQ isn't going to happen in Udon. Phuket's possible because there are/were direct international flights to Phuket. Udon's way off the radar for that sort of thing to happen.
So if you were coming from Laos!
Oh! Are you taking the long way home then?

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » April 29, 2021, 5:55 pm

tamada wrote:
April 29, 2021, 5:06 pm
dunroaming wrote:
April 29, 2021, 4:14 pm
parrot wrote:
April 29, 2021, 3:48 pm
samster wrote:
April 29, 2021, 3:23 pm
How would an ASQ hotel in Udon work for long haul travellers? The hotel would have to send a private vehicle to transit the passenger from BKK.
Having done ASQ in Bangkok, having worked COE/ASQ through the embassy in DC, I'm pretty confident in saying that ASQ isn't going to happen in Udon. Phuket's possible because there are/were direct international flights to Phuket. Udon's way off the radar for that sort of thing to happen.
So if you were coming from Laos!
Oh! Are you taking the long way home then?
Camel trek 🐫 cheapest option available 😜

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 29, 2021, 6:26 pm

Good luck finding any hotel in Udon with a soft mattress. Of course, everyone's idea of "softness" is different. I have a soft mattress with two 3 inch latex toppers, so for me it's like sleeping on a marshmallow, and that's what my old tired body requires for a good night's sleep. You definitely won't find that in any hotel. You can buy nice toppers at Big C and even Makro (inside the stores and outside the stores from other vendors) for 2500-4000 baht for the traditional 6 feet wide queen sized bed in hotels. It would be well worth it if you're staying for two weeks. I also have one for a single bed that folds up, and I carry it with me when I go on trips because I already know the hotel/motel/resort mattresses are going to be hard as a rock.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » April 29, 2021, 10:19 pm

tamada wrote:
April 29, 2021, 5:00 pm
Just in case you missed it, AEK Udon is offering AHQ and not ASQ.

If you have questions, e-mail AEK Udon but don't expect a fast response. They haven't responded to my earlier query regards PCR testing.
Did anyone ask about AHQ?
Unless your coming for medical treatment you'd not really want to quarantine in a hospital for 7, 10 or 14 days would you?

Not sure how soft a hospital bed is for the OP😉. That or the softness of the nurses touch when she's giving you a bed bath.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 29, 2021, 11:13 pm

deankham wrote:
April 29, 2021, 10:19 pm
tamada wrote:
April 29, 2021, 5:00 pm
Just in case you missed it, AEK Udon is offering AHQ and not ASQ.

If you have questions, e-mail AEK Udon but don't expect a fast response. They haven't responded to my earlier query regards PCR testing.
Did anyone ask about AHQ?
Unless your coming for medical treatment you'd not really want to quarantine in a hospital for 7, 10 or 14 days would you?

Not sure how soft a hospital bed is for the OP😉. That or the softness of the nurses touch when she's giving you a bed bath.
No they didn't but lacking any further input from the OP and some other member's confusion about the availability of ASQ in Udon, I just mentioned what sort of quarantine is available here.

AEK apartments are colocated but not part of the hospital and although somewhat dated, the rooms are large, clean, comfortably furnished and offer a balcony. Not a lot of those being offered down Sampan way never mind the bedbaths!

vxspiritxv

Post by vxspiritxv » April 30, 2021, 6:30 am

I apologize the topic doesn't match the body so well. ASQ is in Bangkok, Lancaster hotel. Just looking for a nice bed in Udon for the rest of my trip. My goal with location is the east side of Udon. I have family just outside of ring road there on the east side. Normally I stay at Nata Terrace but I was so sore from the last time I stayed there. Also figured walking distance to massage shops would be a nice bonus. 8-[

Pannarai is great location. So is Siamgrand, walking distance to Big C, just got to play a bit of Frogger. 9D is an area I don't know, prob won't go for that. AEK is a hard pass lol. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 30, 2021, 2:50 pm

Very strange.

In a now "disappeared" post, the OP acknowledged the confusion in his post, and confirmed that he was doing his ASQ in Bangkok.

I guess he got his answer re Udon, and deleted the latter post. :-k

EDIT: ^ even stranger - now it is back.
Last edited by jackspratt on May 1, 2021, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 30, 2021, 3:43 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 29, 2021, 4:19 pm

Another reason is that, as I understand it, an ASQ hotel cannot take other guests. I doubt that there would be sufficient demand to allow an Udon hotel to become solely ASQ.
My understanding is apparently incorrect.

While the Bangkok hotel I stayed at in February was solely ASQ, I have just searched a different ASQ hotel, which is taking other bookings.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 30, 2021, 5:01 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 30, 2021, 3:43 pm
jackspratt wrote:
April 29, 2021, 4:19 pm

Another reason is that, as I understand it, an ASQ hotel cannot take other guests. I doubt that there would be sufficient demand to allow an Udon hotel to become solely ASQ.
My understanding is apparently incorrect.

While the Bangkok hotel I stayed at in February was solely ASQ, I have just searched a different ASQ hotel, which is taking other bookings.
I reckon it's pretty dynamic right now with the on again, off again tourist circus and now the ASQ's all going back to the 14(15) day deal. Some larger hotels may have separate wings or are built in such a way as it's easy to have dedicated ASQ floors. There's also maybe half-a-dozen 'official' ASQ booking sites and some hotels appear on one site's list and not on others. Total lottery I reckon.

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”