Maximize Luxury Apartment = SCAM!!??

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
Svein66
udonmap.com

Maximize Luxury Apartment = SCAM!!??

Post by Svein66 » August 23, 2016, 2:02 pm

On Wednesday last week I booked 2 nights at Maximize Luxury Apartment from Saturday to Monday. I booked the room from booking.com:
http://www.booking.com/hotel/th/3-minut ... on.no.html

We was supposed to pay when we checked in, so I didn`t pay anything when I booked the room. It was at 50% off, so total price 2500 baht for the 2 nights. In addition a 2000 baht deposit.
On Friday evening my wife called a couple of friends to ask if they knew Maximize, as she had never seen this place. They didn`t now either and they called others to ask, but nobody knew. A short time after these phonecalls I received an email through booking.com`s system, from Maximize, at 19.31 in the evening on the day before we was supposed to check in.
It said: "Please transfer money of 1500 thb to secure the booking before 12:00 tomorrow . Otherwise your room will sell to other."
No info on where to transfer any money, or how.
I called customer service, as I didn`t want to pay, and didn`t have a chance to do so either at that time (Friday evening), and we needed a room. Customer service said Maximize had no right to ask for payment before check-in and the email looked very unprofessional. They was going to call them right away to tell them that`s not how it`s done. I cancelled the booking free of charge, but at that time I should have paid for 1 night if I cancelled.

On Saturday, after arriving in Udon, I walked to the area where Maximize is supposed to be, and they are not there! Maybe they are at another location in Udon, but I really doubt that... :?

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Maximize Luxury Apartment = SCAM!!??

Post by Lone Star » August 23, 2016, 2:12 pm

Thanks for the heads up, 66!

I always use Agoda and pay in advance, but this is good to know.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 23, 2016, 3:06 pm

The place is also listed on Agoda....but no phone number and bare bones web page
https://www.agoda.com/th-th/maximize-br ... XG4w%3d%3d

Also hotellook but again, very bare bones
https://th.hotellook.com/hotels/maximiz ... 1310221604

Better photos at http://www.booking.com/hotel/th/maximiz ... me.th.html. Looks to be off the beaten path.......and in a different location from the above links. If you look up the coordinates shown on this link, google earth shows a building almost complete....as of 1/4/2016. But it's off a very narrow soi.
17°23'18.8"N 102°48'33.3"E

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 23, 2016, 3:07 pm

I just looked up on Booking and Agoda ,. both showing the place

Only been with Booking.com for a week or so I'm thinking an issue there,

Both are saying No credit card required now, but Agoda want payment by 27th for a Sept 3rd booking

2000 deposit , presume on arrival, to cover the 2 nights , which you pay on check out ????

Both showing the same location / map references

BUT not being able to locate THE PREMISES , well that's an issue.

I'm not in Udon now, or would walk around to have a look, looking like its opposite the large PTT near Central

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » August 23, 2016, 3:09 pm

parrot wrote:The place is also listed on Agoda....but no phone number and bare bones web page
https://www.agoda.com/th-th/maximize-br ... XG4w%3d%3d

Also hotellook but again, very bare bones
https://th.hotellook.com/hotels/maximiz ... 1310221604

Better photos at http://www.booking.com/hotel/th/maximiz ... me.th.html. Looks to be off the beaten path.......and in a different location from the above links. If you look up the coordinates shown on this link, google earth shows a building almost complete....as of 1/4/2016. But it's off a very narrow soi.
17°23'18.8"N 102°48'33.3"E
Your links is to a hostel, not luxury apartments... ;)

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » August 23, 2016, 3:13 pm

wazza wrote:I'm not in Udon now, or would walk around to have a look, looking like its opposite the large PTT near Central
Yes, the website say it`s there, but I did not find it.

Also, I can`t find a Facebookpage for the place, which most hotels etc have.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 23, 2016, 4:10 pm

Svein66 wrote:Your links is to a hostel, not luxury apartments... ;)

Sorry about that!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 23, 2016, 6:00 pm

IF Anybody books with Agoda.com And you have ANY Problems Whatsoever,You can ring their HELPLINE On 02-0164106..This is a Bangkok Number but I Reckon it re-directs itself to their SINGAPORE ( Head Office ) for the Asia Pacific region,But ALL You CC's :oops: :oops: [-X [-X DON'T Worry,You will NOT be charged for An International Phonecall....Plus the operators ALL Speak Near PERFECT English......Called them a couple of times when we were in Jomtien Beach Earlier this year.....And the problems I had were all solved within minutes to my satisfaction very professionally ........ :D :D :D :D

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 23, 2016, 7:05 pm

747man wrote:IF Anybody books with Agoda.com And you have ANY Problems Whatsoever,You can ring their HELPLINE On 02-0164106..This is a Bangkok Number but I Reckon it re-directs itself to their SINGAPORE ( Head Office ) for the Asia Pacific region,But ALL You CC's :oops: :oops: [-X [-X DON'T Worry,You will NOT be charged for An International Phonecall....Plus the operators ALL Speak Near PERFECT English......Called them a couple of times when we were in Jomtien Beach Earlier this year.....And the problems I had were all solved within minutes to my satisfaction very professionally ........ :D :D :D :D
The same has been true with me re: Agoda. Satisfied every time. Their Help Line is outstanding.

They refunded when I had to cancel plans to fly to the US for a funeral. They refunded when I arrived at the hotel and the hotel did not have the facilities that they claimed. They also refunded once when I was ill and could not travel. I continue to use them, and they continue to do right by me. =D>
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » August 23, 2016, 7:06 pm

I thought booking. Com and agoda are part of the same group

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 23, 2016, 8:16 pm

mac1966 wrote:I thought booking.com and agoda are part of the same group
Correct. Both part of Priceline.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 23, 2016, 11:32 pm

Only every use Agoda, have done so hundreds of times and never had an issue

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » August 24, 2016, 6:48 am

I've used booking.com on several ocassions, in several countries, including Laos and Tijuana Mexico. The only problem I've ever had was in TJ, and I don't remember the specifics, but I do remember they did resolve the problem to my satisfaction.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”