Accommodation around Ban Chiang or Bandung

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
Bangyuk
udonmap.com

Post by Bangyuk » June 21, 2016, 5:03 am

Is there anything decent around Ban Chiang or Bandung? Resort or hotel?

Thanks

Ian

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Post by hairyharry » June 21, 2016, 7:01 am

There's a decent looking western style home stay at the small wine makers place in Ban Chiang. I'll try to get the number later today.

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » June 21, 2016, 9:54 am

We quite enjoyed our stay at this GH in 2011, having a very local feel to it, and would highly recommend. Though can't find any info on it, and name and ph # from 'streetview' and TravelFish. Don't know if still in operation.

Baan Pak Homestay (T: 042 208 033)

https://www.travelfish.org/sight_profil ... thani/3404

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » June 21, 2016, 12:24 pm

Bangyuk wrote:Is there anything decent around Ban Chiang or Bandung? Resort or hotel?
Thanks
Ian
Ian, with your back to the main entrance to the Museum, (in the centre of Ban Chiang), walk straight down the road immediately opposite. Approximately 100/150 metres along that road, you will see, to your right the entrance to what was once a 'homestay", but has now been developed into a very nicely laid out small resort, set in an enclosed area of about 1+Rai, and includes a new two storied building with upper balcony, with four ensuite rooms on each of the two levels. The rooms are nicely furnished, with a small coffee shop situated within the grounds, and the prices are reasonable. The Thai owner is an extremely pleasant, and interesting, character , who speaks good English. You might do well to just check , particularly during school holidays, whether any school, or tourists company, has a group already installed; which would obviously affect the 'peaceful' nature of this resort! ;)
I take my life in my hands, (in fear of the legion of trolls now besetting this Forum, who will seek to establish my non existent commercial/social connection with the owner :roll: [-o< =; ), by recommending this establishment.

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”