Laundry or Laundramats in Udon?

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Laundry or Laundramats in Udon?

Post by Ricohoc » February 27, 2007, 11:29 pm

Looking for a reasonably priced laundry that uses washers and dryers in Udon ... or a self service laundramat.

I appreciate any help. Thanks! :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 27, 2007, 11:39 pm

laundry's are dotted around Udon,have used one's on the roads around The complex in the past, all results have been good, and reasonable costs.No real reccomendations as they all seem pretty much of a much to me,But i am sure if there is a bad one someone will mention it,The larger Hotels will be more expensive to do laundry, so if you simply take your soiled clothes in a bag to an outside laundry you will save some baht.
Not seen a self service one, but would'nt thought there was much call for one as its very reasonable to get it washed dried and pressed in the small laundry shops.

nycpal44

Post by nycpal44 » February 28, 2007, 12:10 am

When I first came to Udon Thani, I always had my laundry done at the Charoensri Grand Hotel, excellent service, but to pay 350 Baht for just a few shirts, pants and underwear was way to expensive. There are no self-service laundromats in Udon Thani, but several excellent laundry services on every street block. I found one that charges me 400 Baht for the entire month and I drop off sometimes 2 baskets per week. These folks are doing a great job, the laundry is clean and smells good, they even replace a button if it's missing. :D

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » February 28, 2007, 2:49 am

There is a self service laundry in Soi Benjang 1 not far from Pop's Internet shop. Have a wash dry and ironing service and will arrange free pickup from Hotel/House/Apartment. Kanjana's Laundry 042224348. Free soap powder and conditioner at the self service laundry.
A lot cheaper than the hotel laundry service.

dill
udonmap.com

Post by dill » February 28, 2007, 3:34 am

have used the one near the irish clock(same street)it was good ,clean and fast and most of all i trusted them,because i left 5000 bath in one of my pockets and sure thing the next day when i went to pick it up they gave me the money in full ,not a cent less.

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Post by Ricohoc » February 28, 2007, 3:48 am

Thanks, guys! Those suggestions are a great help!
8)

Hey, nycpal44, where is it? What's the name of it?

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » February 28, 2007, 2:07 pm

I forgot to mention the machines are coin operated 20baht for a wash. There is a large machine for curtains, bed covers and duvets.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Laundry or Laundramats in Udon?

Post by parrot » January 5, 2023, 2:28 pm

I know there's a thread that mentions Maru Laundy near Charoen Hotel, but this is a good opportunity to resurrect an old thread and some of the old-timers that used UM.
Maru Laundry is across from Charoen Hotel, just 100 meters toward the 3 way intersection as you're heading toward Makro. Air conditioned, super clean, 27 kg capable monster machine and 17kg medium size machines. Wash and dry at the same time or just wash or just dry as you wish. Dry time for 10 baht is about 15 minutes....that includes warm up and cool down. The machines auto add soap and softener. Bathroom available. Wifi.
Parking along the main road almost always available.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 5, 2023, 2:43 pm

Lots of new big well equipped high end posh DIY laundry places opening now , big machines (not as big as KPs 100kg whopper tho :lol: ) .. seen a couple in KK and last week a big place on Nong Prajak lake opened next to Wattana Hospital... may effect those little Thai places ..arrr but they do the ironing as well and its DMs solem vow never to iron any apparel in my entire life, thats what wives , girl friends and small Thai laundrie are for .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 5, 2023, 5:26 pm

Thought Dennis's shirts would all need pressing with lots of starch

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 5, 2023, 5:40 pm

noosard wrote:
January 5, 2023, 5:26 pm
Thought Dennis's shirts would all need pressing with lots of starch
Refund more preferably Nooz

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » January 6, 2023, 10:28 am

This WashXpress chain is all over town and I guess what DM is referring to.
There is one just west of the Big C on the West side of town. I washed a k ing size guest room bedspread/duvet/comforter or whatever the big heavy thing is called recently there and was impressed at the machine quality, size, convenient change, soap etc with folding tables etc.
All brand new Speed Queen gear.
There also is some type of App one might use with a QR code for each machine likely to pay instead of coins however I refrained installing and went old school with coins.

https://www.washxpressth.com/branch/
119929.jpg
119928.jpg
119927.jpg
WashExpress.jpg
Hopefully the business model pays strict attention to management/maintenance and a clean/safe/easy environment. So far I am impressed. Yes, the largest washer is only 27% the size of KP's but it got the job done. Great for changing red drinking vouchers for 10 baht coins too.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 6, 2023, 10:48 am

Yep thats the ones Potty .. i spotted the new one that opened just before NY on Nong Prajak next to Mongdee Coffee cafe. A tad risky ?? the location / land there is mega expensive to rent or buy unless the land owner has done the laundry ? and the set up costs for machines etc must be a fair few baht.

wow a condom machine as well .. very forward thinking business model ... plan ahead before the bed sheets even get soiled.

DM

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 6, 2023, 12:09 pm

They're becoming ubiquitous like coffee shops or skin care clinics. Franchise costs between 1.5-3+ million. FWIW: The Maru laundrymat looks to be owned by the same people running the Great Wall Motor showroom and the co-joined appliance store. So it's all-in-one....laudrymat, appliance store, and autos. All very professional.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » January 7, 2023, 10:27 am

Does look like bigger laundromats are on the spread. One is being built on Soi Nong Bua. In the villages, the 3 machine wash only mini laundrettes still reign - BUT customers falling because so many Thais now have washing machine at home. Most customers are those from rooms to rent.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 9, 2023, 3:54 am

Accordingly, tam's plan to buy a cheaper washing machine for the squatters has been postponed indefinitely.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 9, 2023, 5:38 am

I met my wife at a laundromat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1_x-f4vJz0

gprit
udonmap.com

Post by gprit » February 8, 2023, 11:42 pm

What are the better hotels around walking distance of The Plazza for a week in July?

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » February 10, 2023, 6:55 pm

Depends what you expect by 'better'. Centara of course, but plenty of hotels on soi Sampanit or between the soi and the train station, all modern and reasonably good. Not a fan of Top Mansion though.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 20, 2023, 6:57 am

My Grab driver was taking the lesser traveled route across town from the airport the other evening. I spotted four, brand new laundromats on this zig-zag across the back streets. All new, brightly lit with the commercial grade, front loading washers and driers. Looks like it's the new build it and they will come craze, taking over from the coffee shops (that took over the internet cafe)?

Yesterday, I noted more of the multi-machine, front yard, coin-operated, household top loader style laundry enterprises in the moobahns with dust collecting on their machines. I hope they've already recouped on their investments.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”