TANG NGEE SOON SUPERSTORE

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » November 26, 2012, 9:59 pm

jingjai wrote:
redwolf wrote:actually it would be nice to have an update on this one, -anyone a regular shopper there these days?
I live across town but would not hesitate to go there to get the salsa & see what other products they have.
RW
:-# :-"
POSTED ON NOVEMBER 24, 2012:
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/s ... 26918.html
papaguido wrote: El Sapo is available at Ngee Soon (near airport) 350g jar for 69bt.
Yes, redwolf. They are still open. :roll:
yeah thanks jingjai, knew they were still "open" & didn't ask if they weren't. just was looking for an update response a bit like what papaguido wrote, with actual info about the products, selection, etc. the el sapo itself sounds worth the trip as the salsa I have from top's is "ok" but not good or "great". my wife worked in a restaurant in phuket well known for it's mexican food, -so am looking to see if anything can beat what she makes, which I doubt, but we'll see.

if it doesn't she gets the green light to start packaging hers & selling it in a few outlets down south we are connected with.

RW

AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 27, 2012, 8:52 am

Ngeesoon has a limited selection of foreign foods......but what they have is generally cheaper than elsewhere. What Ngeesoon does have is a wide selection of dry goods (cereals, tissue, soaps, shampoos, noodles, bottle goods) that are mostly 10%+ cheaper than the other big stores. What they don't have is air conditioning.

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » November 28, 2012, 7:18 pm

wife pointed out we are always at the one near Nong Prajak, I hadn't bothered with the name, just "that big place with all the cheap drygoods". It's true, way better pricing on those... people even come all the way from Nong Khai to pick up stock for their stores there. not sure how that works out since gas isn't cheap, but oh well.
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » November 28, 2012, 9:34 pm

parrot wrote:Ngeesoon has a limited selection of foreign foods......but what they have is generally cheaper than elsewhere. What Ngeesoon does have is a wide selection of dry goods (cereals, tissue, soaps, shampoos, noodles, bottle goods) that are mostly 10%+ cheaper than the other big stores. What they don't have is air conditioning.
I always took the view that this was the reason they offer cheaper,no big aircon bill so can offer products for less,but just hate the place in the hot season :D

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » January 28, 2013, 8:15 pm

Went today and they are doing Asahi Japanese beer,big bottles in case of 12 for 740 bht,special offer is another case of 12 bottles is free ! \:D/
24 large bottles for 740 bht ,thats a bargin..

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 29, 2013, 3:38 pm

Happened to be in Udon today, so also bought a couple of cartons of Asahi - thanks GARY.

There were plenty left.

Please note - the bottling date on the cartons I bought was mid-October 2012. So if you like your beer "fresh", this may not be for you.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » January 31, 2013, 7:13 am

jackspratt wrote:
There were plenty left.

Please note - the bottling date on the cartons I bought was mid-October 2012. So if you like your beer "fresh", this may not be for you.
Maybe not suprising so many left on the shelf :-k ,should be an even bigger discount for out of date products :^o :lol:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 31, 2013, 3:28 pm

Tastes fine to me - if there are any left when I have finished the 2 cartons, I will grab a couple more. :drunk: :D

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » February 1, 2013, 6:58 pm

Picked up a couple of cases today. Thanks for the tip Gary.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » February 2, 2013, 11:07 am

pompui wrote:
jackspratt wrote:
There were plenty left.

Maybe not suprising so many left on the shelf :-k ,should be an even bigger discount for out of date products :^o :lol:
Who said it was out of date ? :roll:

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » February 2, 2013, 12:37 pm

oops my humblest apologies for that :oops: Best I get down there sharpish and stock up on Asahi,any ideas of its strength, 6 or 7 % :-k

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 2, 2013, 1:09 pm

pompui wrote:oops my humblest apologies for that :oops: Best I get down there sharpish and stock up on Asahi,any ideas of its strength, 6 or 7 % :-k
5% by volume.Apparently no limit on purchases. Got a party coming up soon so bought 6 got 12. \:D/
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » February 3, 2013, 11:03 am

I was going to take advantage of this but a neighbor told me this sale ended 31 Jan. Can anybody confirm?
Every day I wake up is a good day.

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Post by WhoUrDaddy » February 3, 2013, 11:39 am

Saw plenty there yesterday, if old stock, they are savvy, and would imagine sale still on, and should still taste good.

Their phone number is on the advert, on page one..............beats hearsay andyday :D

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » February 3, 2013, 4:52 pm

WhoUrDaddy wrote:Saw plenty there yesterday, if old stock, they are savvy, and would imagine sale still on, and should still taste good.

Their phone number is on the advert, on page one..............beats hearsay andyday :D
Old stock ? Bottled november 2012 ,is that old enough for you ! lol

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 18, 2013, 8:00 pm

We were in Tang Ngee Superstore near the airport today and the Asahi 12 large bottles "buy 1 case,get 1 free"promotion is still on !
There must have been around 20 cases still left so with the GBP expected to fall even further to around 40 to the Thai Baht,these are the sort of bargains us Brits should be looking at in these testing times !
24 large bottles for 780 baht works out at 32.5 baht per bottle.....I'm just on my second one now,actually.....going down well.....thats the Asahi not the GBP ! :-"
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » March 30, 2013, 12:08 pm

For those wanting something else to drink other than beer they have a special on Tipco 100% orange juice. 35 bht per litre carton. Thats cheap

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » April 1, 2013, 12:22 pm

The buy one get one free for Asahi large bottles is back. Picked up a couple of cases today. 760 (or 780, I forget) for two cases, 24 640ml bottles is a good deal. Beer was bottled in late December.

Also, 143 baht for Jif Creamy peanut butter, vs. 175 at Lotus, Big-C and Tops.

KB

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”