Gas BBQ Thailand - www.quik-fire.com (Sponsor)

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
The Farmer
udonmap.com

Re: Gas BBQ Thailand - www.quik-fire.com

Post by The Farmer » July 28, 2009, 8:17 am

Hi Doc,
looks beautiful to me,
how wuch does it cost?
Is there any promotionprice until....? :-"
Regards Nobi

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » July 29, 2009, 8:55 pm

Hi Nobi,

Thanks for the compliment. We made a couple more modifications which really trick out SS Portable and optional table combination. We have a black Naugahyde cover to go with now, and are fabricating an optional Griddle to go with, as well.

For those that may be interested, Friday July 31 between 11:00am, and 1:00pm, we'll be a Nobi's doing a new website photo shoot of the new, SS LAD model, and our very latest, SS Portable, gas Barbecues.

Promotional prices for the SS Lad, and SS Portable will be available for the two hours or so we are at Nobi's conducting the first public showing and photo shoot, after that, onto the website at regular price.

Come on down and get your picture taken with Sawitta, Nobi, and Ging, along with some of the others that may care to show up. Of course, the picture will go in our new website
We'd be pleased to have you attend.

That's about it for now, Nobi, see you on Friday.

Our best,
Doc & Sawitta

Thaitanium

Build a BBQ for nothing!

Post by Thaitanium » July 31, 2009, 1:01 am

Stainless sheets 3mm thick, 4 feet x 8 feet only cost 6000 Baht from Bangkok distribution factories stamped in flat sheets, and 400 baht a meeter in 32 mm tubing, x 1.8 mm, x 1 meter L., and labor @ 150 a day per person, requiring 3 people to finish 1 unit, including acid dip, welding and final packaging prep.

What a joke :crying:

Make your own for next to nothing!

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » July 31, 2009, 5:05 am

Build a CAR for nothing!

2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 priced at $105,000, hits 0-60 in 3.4 seconds, quarter mile in 11.3

What a joke :-"

Make your own for next to nothing!

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 31, 2009, 5:14 am

LOL Doc, good return,i like it..

fatbas***d
udonmap.com

Post by fatbas***d » August 16, 2009, 9:58 am

I recently got a Australian BBQ, Model is Gordon Bleu 4 burner, it replaces my 4 Burner coleman which did good duty but like me, past its prime.
I got this BBQ given to me by and expat returning to cold and miserable Blighty.
To say I am disappointed with me new acquisition is an understatement, the same model can be purchased in OZ for about 700 AUD, where it probably represents good value, here it cost the guy who brought it around 50K Bt, so I'm told.
Its mainly painted sheet metal construction with a few SS panels on the exterior. The hood is single Steel folded panel and Stove enameled. No insulation. The grates and plates and burners are cast Iron.
Its a right beetch to clean,as most BBQ's are, many nooks and crannies, there are several design flaws won't go into them in details but I spent a but of time doing some mods to facilitate cleaning.
But a couple of examples, the Rotisserie rod has bent, why? I can only imagine that the owner stooped it rotating while it was hot. The most serious is that when I first started it up and plugged the rotisserie I touched the BBQ frame and it knocked me back 1 mtr because the whole BBQ was alive when the Rotisserie unit leaked power. I cleaned of the motor and tested it before I used it again
I have to say I certainly wouldn't purchase one for half the price.

Haven't used one of Docs but have had a good look and 1st impression is they look good value and seem to be designed with functionality in mind.

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » October 19, 2009, 12:40 pm

Hi Doc,

You can put this on your website if you like.

"An absolutely fantastic BBQ - thanks Doc. It has a very robust and well made feel to it as well as being uniquely stylish.
Dealing with Doc has been entertaining as well as extremely efficient. It was shipped when he said it would be and even arrived when he said it would.
Thanks again Doc."

I mean it all. Thanks for all your help Doc and good luck. I will certainly recommend you to anyone who is thinking of getting a BBQ.

All the best to you and the other half.

Tom - Bangkok

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » October 19, 2009, 3:03 pm

be purchased in OZ for about 700 AUD, where it probably represents good value, here it cost the guy who brought it around 50K Bt
in that case, then Doc's are even a better bargain. and the important part, they stand the 'TEST OF TIME', mine is going strong, about 5 yrs, give or take, and gets quite a work out. at the time, i thought a bit high end, as all things are so cheap in usa, but has turned out to be one of the best values of anything i purchased in thailand. thanks for being there, and continued success. =D> =D> =D> =D>

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » November 29, 2009, 9:55 am

Hi Doc,

Just a quick line to thank you and all of your staff for their service, the BBQ
is absolutely the best.

We tried it out last week for an all day family BBQ and
it was just great. I decided to do a deep fried Catfish dish using the side
burner...that thing is like a jet engine! brilliant for deep frying or Thai wok
dishes. The girls decided to use the square half griddle to do some Japanese
veggies and teriyaki chicken which were excellent. We all had a great day and in
true tradition of BBQing...drank loads of beer!!

What can I say Doc, the stainless steel workmanship is perfect, it will last
forever.

All the best

John Haddlesey - Chon Buri

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » January 30, 2010, 11:31 am

Here are a couple more, feedbacks/testimonials, for those that may be interested...

1st, is a question asked of our previous customer, Bob Manthey, in Bangkok, by a potential customer
in, Pattaya.
Of his own free will Bob has posted positive comments on numerous forums, and was good enough
forwarded this to us.

[QUOTE]

Hey Bob! I have been in touch with Doc at QUIK-FIRE.
I am pretty serious about getting a BBQ from him.
Can I ask if you are still happy with your unit?
Seems so from your recent comments...but I wanted to check
just to make sure.
I appreciate your help!!!! Craig - Pattaya

Response from customer Bob M. - Buriram

[QUOTE]

Absolutely 100% happy. Doc is on the ball, stays in touch.
I thought I had a bad starter after 2 years, he without a run around, immediately mailed me 2 replacement starters at no cost, but I then looked at his instructions and recalled what he said on the phone about a spider, I had the maid clean it and sure enough it was a spider web and the original worked fine and still works fine.

I am a person who shopped at Costco in America, subscribed for 30 years to Consumer Reports Magazine and for 8 years to consumer reports on line, so buying a high grade item with excellent warranty or "after the sales service" and VALUE for the money spent, is #1.

Doc makes in Thailand a quality product. There is a VERY short of list of vendors I would 100% recommend.

This testimonial is being posted here a bit later than it was originally posted in Thaivisa, but here it is...

Here is an action shot of one of Doc's gas barbecues. We used it at the Loy Krathong festival last night. It cooked for over 6 hours straight on full blast without blinking.
We sold almost 8,000 baht of sausage and bbq sticks, thanks Doc.
Now if only you could make it self cleaning.
Posted Thaivisa by Gippy, Bangkok: 2009-11-03 15:19:33

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » June 20, 2010, 7:11 pm

The good reviews keep rolling in from Quik-Fire's customers and friends.

Doc, I am over the moon with bbq u sold me have it worked out now cooks sensational . Have had many feeds since purchased from u . Would like to thank u for all your help and professional service that u provided. Will call in for a coldie at some stage when I have some spare time . Take care and thank u again .
REX WILLIAMS - Australian mine Super., living So. of Udon Thani.

My deepest apologies to, Doc, the BBQ individual of Udon, for not maintaining the wee bit of maintenance, which I'll break out that green pad and clean things up, after cooking the rest of the weekend.
In case you missed my previous praising of his and wife's fine product, I use it for all things grilling, besides lasagna, baked beans, pizza, cakes, pies. Though it will take some getting used to temp, it can get very hot, so start low.
It's the BEST THING I BOUGHT HERE. Just decide if you are going to use it, I did, and haven't regretted it........EXCELLENT PRODUCT.
LA - Long time Udon Expat

Thanks for the thoughtful kind words, fellas, much appreciated.

Our best,
Doc & Sawitta - Quik-Fire BBQ's

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » July 21, 2010, 2:51 pm

I finally got around to getting one of Doc’s legendary barbecues, and believe me, it’s all it’s said to be – and more. This thing is a work of art, a fine piece of equipment. I have missed barbecuing since coming to Thailand, as I used to do practically all my cooking in the states on the BBQ. I was an equipment design engineer for part of my previous life so I know how to recognize well designed and well built equipment. Doc showed me around his shop and I could see that he is using top of the line materials, 304 Stainless on practically everything; all welded construction, not bolted together, and the weld finishing is first rate.

I ended up with the deluxe model with insulated cover, as I was interested in using it as an oven. I used mine in the States as an oven but the cover wasn’t insulated and I could just feel the BTU’s going out into the air. I started out doing the standard grilled chicken, ribs and burgers and they came out just fine. But I was most interested in how it would perform as an oven. I baked some lasagna, a broccoli casserole in Bechamel sauce, and roasted a chicken. They came out perfect. The heat control is a little touchy, but once you get to the right temperature, it stays there and the heat is even throughout the entire grill, no hot or cold spots that I could tell.

The real test of any oven is how it does baking bread. So I whipped up a yeast bread batter (after a couple of failed attempts to capture some Thai wild yeast for sourdough) and once again, the bread came out perfect. Many bread recipes say to turn the bread during baking because most ovens have uneven temperature distribution. I didn’t bother turning mine and placed two loaves in different parts of the oven. They both came out evenly baked.

So I am a happy camper on this one. I would highly recommend Doc’s Quik-Fire, especially if you want to upgrade your Thai kitchen to do some baking. You will have a superior oven and also a first class barbecue grill.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » July 21, 2010, 4:28 pm

I love a Happy Ending =D> Oops 8-[

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » August 3, 2010, 8:58 am

More good stuff from our great Quik-Fire BBQ customers.

Hi Doc,
Just a quick message to tell you that our BBQ arrived safely this
morning at Sisaket Post Office and now resides, rather splendidly, on
our back patio/cooking area.
We're both very pleased with the BBQ - beautifully crafted and solidly
made, it just speaks quality and longevity.
I must also congratulate you on the quality of your packaging - it
really puts other suppliers to shame.
Thank you so much for your team's efforts - your business deserves the
great reputation, and we wish you ever increasing success.
Please feel free to use this email as a testimonial to your
business if you wish.

Kind regards,
Robin & Nang - Sisaket

More, from, Buriram....
Attachments
Happy Quik-Fire recipients in, Buriram..jpg
Happy Quik-Fire recipients in, Buriram..jpg (64.15 KiB) Viewed 9443 times

Kool4Kyle

Post by Kool4Kyle » August 23, 2010, 10:25 pm

I've just had the most rewarding experience since moving to my new home we call Udon Thani
I need to thank the friend that introduced me to the "Master of Creation" we know as the Doc, I have no doubt that anyone who has had this pleasure and had the Doc create their BBQ knows what I'm talking about.

Now us Aussies have a pride in our BBQ's that is second to none and sitting down to describe everything you would like your "Barbie" to do, how she should look and how she should function was not a problem for the Doc in the custom design work

Living in Udon was probably an advantage for me as the Doc invited me the workshop at a step in the development which just left me wishing she was finished so I could fire her up.

Having the Doc agree to create your "Barbie" is like the experience of having a commissioned work of art done.

But now she is finished and all polished and dressed up, I'm not sure weather to fire her up and burn her in or just leave her as a center piece of Art created by the Master.

I thank you Doc for the privilege of the journey so simply "Thanx Mate"

To anyone who is considering a purchase take the step and talk to the Doc you wont be sorry, the quality and workmanship is not something you will find anywhere else in the world in a BBQ, but then you also have the advantage of meeting a real Artist in Design and a Great Man.

Now for the skeptics you can feast your eyes on my "Barbie" on the Quik-Fire website shortly to see her in all her glory or if you are lucky the Doc may just add a couple of photo's of her on this thread (as I don't know how) to tease you until the website is updated

ronnoi
udonmap.com

Post by ronnoi » August 24, 2010, 12:18 pm

Where can I find Doc's shop???

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » August 25, 2010, 1:49 pm

Hello, Ronnoi, this is, Doc, thanks for inquiring.

In next post I'll upload pic's of the Q mentioned in previous post, page 7.

As we are factory direct and primarily web based, there's no real need for a retail shop, this keeps end costs down.
We sell our Q's as fast as we can make them, as each Q is individually hand crafted.
When we're fortunate enough to have a bit of stock, it is kept at our home in a display room.
For the local guys that drop by, we'll often take them to factory for a look-see at Q's under construction, if our home stock is low.

I'll PM you with map to our home, inside Udon.

Thanks again, Ronnoi,
Doc

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » August 28, 2010, 7:11 am

These pictures are in reply to the wonderful post made by our customer, Kool4Kyle, on this page, where you'll find other great feedback posts.

These pictures are of our most popular model the, SS Signature TT, (Table top), with Rotisserie.
In this case, the 4 burners were relocated to the front of bbq rather than having two burners on each end, as seen in our website, http://www.gasbbqthailand.com, 1st page by clicking on picture, SS Signature.

We'll be uploading multiple pictures of this, "front mount", SS Signature TT, to our website shortly.
This is the 1st public showing.

The, SS Signature TT, is a great 100% stainless, all around Hybrid bbq where no stones, or brickets are needed.
A stainless stand, where gas tank can be placed within the stands lower level, is available where no counter is available.

This is a unique, very beautiful, high performance, hand crafted Barbecue.
You'll not find an import bbq close to the quality, or performance, of our line of hand crafted, Quik-Fire, Barbecues.

So, here we go, enjoy...
Signature TT 1.JPG
Signature TT 1.JPG (62.98 KiB) Viewed 9196 times
Signature TT 2.JPG
Signature TT 2.JPG (82.71 KiB) Viewed 9196 times
Signature TT 3.JPG
Signature TT 3.JPG (92.02 KiB) Viewed 9196 times
Signature TT 4.JPG
Signature TT 4.JPG (61.6 KiB) Viewed 9196 times

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » September 19, 2010, 6:21 pm

This picture is from a super nice couple, Craig & Maew living in, Chon Buri. They've recently finished their beautiful home placing their, SS Crown Deluxe 4 burner, in their outdoor cooking/entertainment area.
I called, Craig, today to do a routine follow up, Maew answered, she sounded so young I asked her if her Daddy was home, oppps, their was a pause in her voice, oh, your Craig's wife. Yep, lucky guy ;)

A word, and picture from, Craig:
I wanted the BBQ by the pool...but wifey pointed out she does all the cooking and wanted it in the back. Fine with me. That BBQ is the one made here in Thailand. It's awesome.
Craig & Maew Thompson Crown 4.JPG
Thanks, Craig, for your mail, and kind words.

My best,
Doc

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » October 4, 2010, 4:58 pm

Another very nice feedback sent to Quik-Fire today from our super customer, Dave.
Dave purchased two bbq's, the Signature TT, and a custom Charcoal SS Master Deluxe.
Thanks, Mate.

Hi Doc,

Well what more to say but absolute quality.

My BBQ's are the envy of all who have set eyes on them. As you know we had a
special area built to place them on and they look a treat. The build quality
is great and as others have mentioned they will (with loving care) last
forever. The Charcoal BBQ has gone down very well with the Thai contingent
of my family and I have had a field day with the SS Signature, cooking all
sorts. Us Brits are infamously bad with Barbeques but these are easy to use
and control and I haven't burnt anything yet!

As for Quik-Fire, well again great service, from initial contact, through
consultation on requirements, regular updates on the build progress and first
class delivery with plenty protection for the units during transportation.

A very well deserved pat on the back from a very happy customer, who has
spread the word to all.

Many thanks to you, Sawitta and all the team up there in Udon

Dave
Chonburi

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”