Bread Maker

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
wazza
udonmap.com

Bread Maker

Post by wazza » December 2, 2023, 10:26 am

Just enquiring about Break Makers and availability of the premix bags for baking .....

Any comments greatly appreciated

W

Mex
udonmap.com

Re: Bread Maker

Post by Mex » December 2, 2023, 11:02 am

Schultz..or some name similar....just off the Nong Khai road about 5 km from the ring road have premixes.
If it looks good..and smells good..go for it..

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » December 2, 2023, 11:05 am

If it looks good..and smells good..go for it..

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » December 2, 2023, 4:06 pm

I bought a Russell Hobbs Breadmaker on Amazon.co.uk back in 2016:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... =UTF8&th=1

Works great. Easy peasy. Never tried the premix bags. I have only made French bread loaves and pizza dough but they turn out well if the darker crust setting is used (for the french loaf).
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » December 2, 2023, 8:14 pm

Bought a bread maker from Lazada over year ago. works OK But it only does small loaf. Its under the sink for ages. Never use it any more. Do by hand Two loaves freeze them last best part of a month!(Always Wholeweat) Dont eat white bread! Same nutrients as eating paper!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 3, 2023, 12:22 pm

I too bought a bread maker off Lazada (Homemate). It works great and will bake a small loaf or a big loaf. Unfortunately I was the only one eating the bread. Fortunately my dog liked it when mixed with his dog food. I formulated a recipe that used whole wheat flour with extra brown sugar, Cinnamon, raisins and pumpkin seeds. That bread was delicious but would go stale before I could eat it all. Now the bread maker is seldom used.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 3, 2023, 12:39 pm

wazza wrote:
December 2, 2023, 10:26 am
Just enquiring about Break Makers and availability of the premix bags for baking .....

Any comments greatly appreciated

W
I have never considered any sort of premix. I have a kitchen scale that weighs in grams or ounces. It takes only a couple minutes to weigh out the ingredients that I buy in bulk off Lazada. The benefit to that is you will eventually modify your recipes and come up with your own special recipes. There are thousands of different bread recipes on the Internet.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » December 5, 2023, 3:23 pm

Thanks for the replies. Waiting on SMEG Technician to arrive with replacement items for my Large #1 Oven

Will need to sort out Temps, weights, incredients

W

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 8, 2023, 10:19 am

My machine has a setting for making dough. I take the dough out and make dough balls. I bake then in an air fryer. It works very well for making biscuits.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”