Lay,s Salt n Vinegar crisps

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
timmy
udonmap.com

Lay,s Salt n Vinegar crisps

Post by timmy » October 8, 2022, 12:48 pm

has anybody on there travels seen any " lays salt n vinegar " crisps around town , i have seen them on lazada but with delivery they work out very expensive , and i,m only allowed the odd bag now and again with being diabetic .

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Re: Lay,s Salt n Vinegar crisps

Post by thewatchman » October 8, 2022, 1:10 pm

Have you tried these, available in tesco and Big C 50 baht
4018077695452_1_bpxfvdedbepr1euh.jpg
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » October 8, 2022, 1:44 pm

thanks for that , i will take a look try to find at Tesco ....

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 8, 2022, 3:03 pm

Crunchips taste German. The next best English tasting salt & vinegar brand that's available locally is Kettle.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » October 8, 2022, 10:15 pm

Villa has them online for 129 THB for a 184 gram bag (I don't know if that price seems expensive or not). The reason I say this though is they might have in stock but if they don't, you can order from them at the store if you don't want to pay a Lazada or Villa delivery fee. I've done this with other products, takes less than a week and they are good about phoning you when it arrives. Need to pay something in advance, can't recall 50% or 100%.

Tops online has Kettle for 135 THB for 141 grams and Natural Chip Company at 119 for 175 grams. They likely have them in stock too. Never ordered from Tops at the store but may be worth a try if it comes to it.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » October 9, 2022, 6:20 am

Potamoi wrote:
October 8, 2022, 10:15 pm
Villa has them online for 129 THB for a 184 gram bag (I don't know if that price seems expensive or not). The reason I say this though is they might have in stock but if they don't, you can order from them at the store if you don't want to pay a Lazada or Villa delivery fee. I've done this with other products, takes less than a week and they are good about phoning you when it arrives. Need to pay something in advance, can't recall 50% or 100%.

Tops online has Kettle for 135 THB for 141 grams and Natural Chip Company at 119 for 175 grams. They likely have them in stock too. Never ordered from Tops at the store but may be worth a try if it comes to it.
thanks for the info , i will look into what you,ve found for me . now i,m over 60 and stopped the " booze " not many pleasures left ...555

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 9, 2022, 7:19 am

I've seen the smaller 56 gr sized Kettle chips at Villa and Tops for 55 to 65 baht. Their salt and vinegar is in a blue bag and there's always stock (2 months ago) while the regular salted in a brown bag run out frequently. Big C only has the large size mentioned earlier. I think it's 142 gr.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 11, 2022, 9:20 am

You would be better off buying 200 g. of Ruffles regular at $2.50 Canadian. Two bags for $5.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 11, 2022, 10:04 am

Is that 4 bags for C$10, Uncle?

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » October 11, 2022, 12:20 pm

I do not understand why people here keep quoting goods in Dollars, Pounds and now even Canadian dollars. We are in Udon Thani, please say what things cost in THAT BAHT!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 11, 2022, 1:04 pm

Isn't it the accepted thing to do to quote the price of things in the currency of the country in which you are buying them?

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » October 11, 2022, 4:04 pm

jackspratt wrote:
October 11, 2022, 1:04 pm
Isn't it the accepted thing to do to quote the price of things in the currency of the country in which you are buying them?
Here, here JS.
lassebasse wrote:
October 11, 2022, 12:20 pm
I do not understand why people here keep quoting goods in Dollars, Pounds and now even Canadian dollars. We are in Udon Thani, please say what things cost in THAT BAHT!
https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=CAN+10+to+THB

Lassebasse let me help you out with a link. I'd like to think free info shouldn't be anything to complain about.

Bonus link:
https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=10+CAD+to+Swedish+Krona
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”