AliExpress Troubles

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

AliExpress Troubles

Post by NongKhaiLee » January 7, 2022, 8:29 am

A few years back I started using our Post office Box for deliveries from AliExpress and Alibaba. I don't buy a lot from them and it has always worked well. The reason for using the P.O. box instead of our street address was that the EMS and other delivery guys were sticking the delivery notices in our gate and they would blow away or get soaked with water.

Flash forward to now, we returned from sixteen months in the States two months ago, I placed two orders with AliExpress and according to the tracking numbers both items arrived at the Post Office over three weeks ago. I did not however recieve a notice in my P.O. box stating that a package for me was in the package center. In those three weeks I have made multiple trips to pick up the packages, and have been given various reasons why I cannot do so.

After finally getting to talk to a supervisor I was told that the tracking numbers AliExpress gave are not for Thailand Post so they cannot track the packages, the supervisor advised me that AliExpress used another shipping agent and that Thai Post would not accept the item and deliver it to my P.O.box unless they were paid a fee, which the shipping agent refused to pay.

The AliExpress seller keeps telling me I need to call the post office because the package is there according to their tracking number. I am done with this stuff and filed a dispute with AliExpress requesting refunds. They rejected my dispute claim and said no refund is due because their tracking system shows the items are at the Post Office here and I have not retrieved them. :confused:
I think this is the end of my AliExpress/Alibaba purchases, but my question is...has anyone else on here run into this type of thing before? If so did you find a solution?Or did you just lose your money and not get the product as it seems has happened to me?

glalt
udonmap.com

Re: AliExpress Troubles

Post by glalt » January 7, 2022, 8:58 am

I for one am finished with Ali Express. I got cheated on an item that was obviously a dirty trick pulled by the seller. It was very obvious and I had faith in Ali Express to correct the seller theft. That didn't happen. Anyways I had also ordered two items, one was delivered and the other has disappeared. The seller says the package is in Thailand so it is not their fault. I'll live through the theft but Ali Express as lost a customer. We are NOT the customer. The sellers are the customers and it is now obvious the Ali Express takes care of their sellers. Most of the sellers are honest but the dishonest sellers are protected.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » January 7, 2022, 11:42 am

Sent a security camera system from them and included our Thailand address for delivery along with phone number of wife's brother there.
Had notice that the parcel had arrived and to pick up from local post office.

600 baht extra to pay so assumed it was import fee as it came from China.
Item was valued around 7,500 baht so who knows.
Asked but just received the shrug of shoulders and a smile. :D

Stuff delivered down under doesn't have any additional charges and all seems to arrive down here ok.
Occasionally get an order cancelled for no apparent reason and the money refunded via Paypal.
Found delivery times were a fraction of any from Ebay and sellers much better to deal with.
Ebay tends to just say "tough bickies" lately and so don't deal with them any more.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 7, 2022, 12:16 pm

The 600 baht at the Post Office sounds like Thai VAT.

You don't pay extra in Oz because AliExpress includes GST in the purchase price, and remits it to the Oz government at a later stage.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » January 7, 2022, 3:03 pm

Have never used a PO Box but all Aliexpress items delivered direct to my house without problems
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » January 7, 2022, 6:22 pm

I rejected their "dispute settlement offer" of "no refund" and now they are requesting I supply them with proof of my claim that the item did not arrive. The only files they allow uploaded are image files. How am I supposed to do that?

I countered asking them to provide me with proof that the items are at the Thai Post Office. It's not going anywhere...I'm going to lose the money I'm sure.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » January 7, 2022, 8:43 pm

I stick to Lazada. Many orders and so far no problems (touch wood).
Ordered a few things fro Ali express years ago and was not a good experience.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 7, 2022, 9:06 pm

bluejets wrote:
January 7, 2022, 11:42 am
Sent a security camera system from them and included our Thailand address for delivery along with phone number of wife's brother there.
Had notice that the parcel had arrived and to pick up from local post office.

600 baht extra to pay so assumed it was import fee as it came from China.
Item was valued around 7,500 baht so who knows.
Asked but just received the shrug of shoulders and a smile. :D

Stuff delivered down under doesn't have any additional charges and all seems to arrive down here ok.
Occasionally get an order cancelled for no apparent reason and the money refunded via Paypal.
Found delivery times were a fraction of any from Ebay and sellers much better to deal with.
Ebay tends to just say "tough bickies" lately and so don't deal with them any more.
I had some items on my eBay watch list for a while. Cost about 30 bucks and shipping quoted at about 3 to 6 weeks from China.

The identical items popped up on Lazada a couple of weeks back. Cost 390 baht and took 7 days from China.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » January 8, 2022, 5:34 am

jackspratt wrote:
January 7, 2022, 12:16 pm
Possibly......sent many things before but this was the first instance of any additional post office charge.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 8, 2022, 9:06 am

NongKhaiLee wrote:
January 7, 2022, 6:22 pm
I rejected their "dispute settlement offer" of "no refund" and now they are requesting I supply them with proof of my claim that the item did not arrive. The only files they allow uploaded are image files. How am I supposed to do that?

I countered asking them to provide me with proof that the items are at the Thai Post Office. It's not going anywhere...I'm going to lose the money I'm sure.
Take a picture of the empty space where the errant item is supposed to be?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 8, 2022, 9:13 am

bluejets wrote:
January 8, 2022, 5:34 am
jackspratt wrote:
January 7, 2022, 12:16 pm
Possibly......sent many things before but this was the first instance of any additional post office charge.
I paid it on a phone I imported from China through AE.

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » June 9, 2022, 8:56 am

Follow up:

I wasn't able to retrieve the items from AliExpress, made 6 trips to the post office. The last thing the tracking information said was that the items were being returned to the senders.
I am done with Thai Post as far as a p.o. box goes, they cost me 1,500 baht and a lot of time and fuel.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”