Were to buy Organic chicken meat?

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Were to buy Organic chicken meat?

Post by DuiDui49 » August 23, 2019, 9:20 am

Good morning UM readers,hope you all have a great day.

If anyone have a idé were to find,please answer my post.

Thans for reading :-)

the-monk
udonmap.com

Re: Were to buy Organic chicken meat?

Post by the-monk » August 23, 2019, 9:34 am

Few months ago old BIG C had some on promotion. Worth checking. Have a nice day.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 23, 2019, 9:39 am

the-monk wrote:
August 23, 2019, 9:34 am
Few months ago old BIG C had some on promotion. Worth checking. Have a nice day.
Thank you,will check it out for sure..OLD BIG C,i guess that you're reffering to BIG C near the Airport,right?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 23, 2019, 9:43 am

Any of the locals with chickens running about I wouldnt expect them to be pumping them full of drugs

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 23, 2019, 9:47 am

Old Big C, near the overpass, not far from Makro

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 23, 2019, 9:48 am

Doodoo wrote:
August 23, 2019, 9:43 am
Any of the locals with chickens running about I wouldnt expect them to be pumping them full of drugs
But don't expect much meat on those bones... :lol:

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 23, 2019, 10:08 am

If you want lots of meat on the bones, you're probably going to get something besides the meat included.

Since our Panama days, we've grown fond of run-around chickens, especially in soup. Not a lot of meat and the texture isn't melt-in-your-mouth. RAC can be found in most any village market. Even better, if you live outside the city, you probably have a neighbor who has RAC.....and would be willing to sell rather than take them to the market.

Another choice......the Royal Project store has whole chickens.....not sure if they're organic, but I'm guessing they are. Again, the meat is a different texture than what you'll buy in the big stores.

Finally, you could call the number in the photo.......not Udon, but with Kerry, it doesn't matter much. He may be able to send you a small cooler for a reasonable price.

Finally......years ago, we used to buy chicken pieces in Big C, Makro, Lotus. We noticed the Big C chicken fell off the bone when cooked. Cook it the same way as the others, it fell off the bone. Something wasn't right about it. We stopped buying it.
Attachments
10.แปรรูปไก่เนื้อปลอดภัย.jpg

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 23, 2019, 5:30 pm

the-monk wrote:
August 23, 2019, 9:47 am
Old Big C, near the overpass, not far from Makro
Well i went to OLD BIG C today and found the yellow and green packages that indeed said:

*No growth homone used.
*No pestecides used..???
* Preservatives used.

Would never buy same chicken breasts at Macro,just the smell puts me off.People choosing pork/chicken meat with their bare hands.Told a Thaiman to use a plastic bag over his hand,he laughed at me..but after picking his chickenmeat he went and whashed his hands.. :shock: :shock: :shock: NOT before..;-)Gods knows were he had his hands before.. :-&

Thanks everyone for the replyes guys..have a nice afternoon..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 23, 2019, 5:32 pm

parrot wrote:
August 23, 2019, 10:08 am
If you want lots of meat on the bones, you're probably going to get something besides the meat included.

Since our Panama days, we've grown fond of run-around chickens, especially in soup. Not a lot of meat and the texture isn't melt-in-your-mouth. RAC can be found in most any village market. Even better, if you live outside the city, you probably have a neighbor who has RAC.....and would be willing to sell rather than take them to the market.

Another choice......the Royal Project store has whole chickens.....not sure if they're organic, but I'm guessing they are. Again, the meat is a different texture than what you'll buy in the big stores.

Finally, you could call the number in the photo.......not Udon, but with Kerry, it doesn't matter much. He may be able to send you a small cooler for a reasonable price.

Finally......years ago, we used to buy chicken pieces in Big C, Makro, Lotus. We noticed the Big C chicken fell off the bone when cooked. Cook it the same way as the others, it fell off the bone. Something wasn't right about it. We stopped buying it.
Thanks "parrot" for your replye,going to keep that number and let my wife call them later.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » August 24, 2019, 10:00 am

My wife has organic chickens. They are free range and run around our 2.5 rai yard. They eat whatever they can find. The problem is that they are not fit to eat. I call them rubber chickens. I thought I had an answer for the tough little birds. I put one in a pressure cooker for about an hour. The meat had fallen off the bones and smelled good. Even being way overcooked, the meat was STILL tough and stringy. That's why the Thais make laap out of them. They chop the meat up very fine and often eat it spiced up and uncooked.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”