Used bikes shop?

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
neeemu
udonmap.com

Used bikes shop?

Post by neeemu » June 6, 2007, 1:30 pm

Anyone know of a 2nd hand bike/scooter shop. Looking for a runaround for the mrs, probably a honda wave. Alternatively anyone selling one?

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » June 6, 2007, 1:45 pm

My wife says there is a second hand bike shop near the Udon Christian School on Highway 2, Map ref. K5.

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » June 7, 2007, 12:49 am

just about all the motorbike shops in udon will have a couple of used bikes for sale - just ask.
They aren't that much cheaper and the past history is a gamble (no service records or anything).
When I was looking for a Honda Wave - there was nothing under 20,000 baht
Some of the ones I road tested were downright dangerous and had obviously been crashed/repaired
I hope you know what you are doing.

Stevo
udonmap.com

Re: Used bikes shop?

Post by Stevo » June 7, 2007, 3:43 am

neeemu wrote: Alternatively anyone selling one?
Possibly, depends on what model you want, and what you wish to pay.

As Paul suggests, you get what you pay for... I would recommend new, if you've got 35,000 Baht or more to spend.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » June 7, 2007, 5:40 am

also recommend new. used transportation is very expensive in comparison to new, and as pointed out, maintained? even buying a new one, use caution, make sure it is new. check the tires for the new tire little nubbies sticking up, look for any lubricants on engine, there should be none, and no dirt. stick finger in exhaust, it should come out fairly clean. check the oil dipstick, i should be clear and hard to read, no darkness at all. look at the front disc brakes, absolutely no wear. some will sell a motorbike w/financing, then repo it, then sell it again as new. since never transferred title due to not being paid off, it doesn't show as being used. ex brother in law had that problem, not allowed to test drive, and was a piece of junk.

good luck and enjoy your scooter.

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » June 7, 2007, 5:56 am

Good points LA,
Also check engine mounting bolts... they should have an unbroken paint "seal" on the nut side... if the seal is broken, then the motors possibly been out for repairs, or worse still, it's been swapped out for an older (higher mileage) one.

Of course, if you know where to go and can speak Thai... and are mechanically minded; there are some really good used deals to be had for spot cash... but be careful!! ;)

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”