Where Can I Buy It?

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
parrot
udonmap.com

Where Can I Buy It?

Post by parrot » February 13, 2015, 5:08 pm

One of the great challenges of living here (IMO) is finding what might appear to be a common item.....be it an O-ring, spring, certain kind of paint, or a small watch-type battery. For the watch-type battery, you'd think a place like Lotus, Global, HomePro, or Amorn's would carry it. And, in fact, they do carry some......but a very limited variety of sizes. So when my new neighbor needed a battery for his Chevy key fob.....he said shops in Khonkaen told him and his wife that the battery wasn't available in Thailand....could order from Alibaba in quantities of 100, or buy a new fob for around 1500 Baht.......I searched google in Thai for the battery and found that indeed it is sold in Thailand as it's commonly used in Mitsubishi and Chevy fobs. That led me to call Dee's key shop, across from the sports stadium on the way to Makro. He confirmed he had it.....along with a wide variety of batteries for different makes and brands of key fobs.
A key shop would be the last place I would think of going to in the US for a small battery. But then, t.i.t.

Shado
udonmap.com

Where Can I Buy It?

Post by Shado » February 13, 2015, 5:21 pm

We've used the services of this shop on several occasions. He is our go-to guy for any key/lock needs. Good to know that he can also handle some of the vehicle fobs. Thanks for the heads-up.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Where Can I Buy It?

Post by papaguido » February 13, 2015, 11:09 pm

Also use his services. I believe he also makes house calls.

noosard
udonmap.com

Where Can I Buy It?

Post by noosard » February 14, 2015, 7:02 am

Thetre is another key shop near the police station
Naresuan Rd
this shop also has a truck setup for mobile key service

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Where Can I Buy It?

Post by merchant seaman » February 14, 2015, 7:12 am

Sometimes you just miss the yellow pages and let your fingers do the walking.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Shado
udonmap.com

Where Can I Buy It?

Post by Shado » February 14, 2015, 9:38 pm

If you ever need to call Dtee's key shop his numbers are:

0 4224 4430
08 1058 4545

He has made a house call to our place, just outside the ring road.

petl
udonmap.com

Re: Where Can I Buy It?

Post by petl » August 27, 2022, 5:00 pm

Thanks for all that good advice. I get my batteries for all my toys from Lazada on-line,can get singles or packs, prices seem OK. But what I'm looking for now is a replacement fob complete,Changed the battery, worked intermittently, now nothing, not even the little red light between the buttons.Rather buy a fob locally from someone who will reset it to my car as part of he deal.
Will call Dtee to see if he can help. Thanks again.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » August 27, 2022, 5:11 pm

there is a small open fronted shop at big C next to Amorn ( not sure spelling ) the electrical shop on the ground floor , they did us a new car key and programmed it while we waited took about 2 hours , you need to have the car with you not just the key . it was a while back cost about 2000 baht that was for a " chevy " key ..

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » August 27, 2022, 9:38 pm

I buy different batteries in one electrical shop. Car key batteries they sell for ex. at the entrance of Lotus at a price that is like 5 times the price in the electrical shop.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » August 27, 2022, 9:53 pm

timmy wrote:
August 27, 2022, 5:11 pm
there is a small open fronted shop at big C next to Amorn ( not sure spelling ) the electrical shop on the ground floor , they did us a new car key and programmed it while we waited took about 2 hours , you need to have the car with you not just the key . it was a while back cost about 2000 baht that was for a " chevy " key ..
I changed my Chevy fob at the Chevy dealer on the ring road near the KK intersection. Took 10 min and 800 THB. Not sure if it was official or just the service advisors side business but was happy with the quality and price. Needed the vehicle and old fob/key.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » August 27, 2022, 9:56 pm

lassebasse wrote:
August 27, 2022, 9:38 pm
I buy different batteries in one electrical shop. Car key batteries they sell for ex. at the entrance of Lotus at a price that is like 5 times the price in the electrical shop.
I bought a variety of those remote/fob/flat batteries at Big-C.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » August 28, 2022, 6:16 am

Potamoi wrote:
August 27, 2022, 9:53 pm
timmy wrote:
I changed my Chevy fob at the Chevy dealer on the ring road near the KK intersection. Took 10 min and 800 THB. Not sure if it was official or just the service advisors side business but was happy with the quality and price. Needed the vehicle and old fob/key.
we went to the Chevy dealer you mention but they said it was 500 bath deposit and would take 2 weeks then 1500 on collection but this was about 4 years ago , i thought the dealership was " crap " we had a service done there and they could,nt reset the service warning light on the dashboard ( still not fixed ) would never return there ..

Potamoi
udonmap.com

Post by Potamoi » August 28, 2022, 8:49 am

timmy wrote:
August 28, 2022, 6:16 am
Potamoi wrote:
August 27, 2022, 9:53 pm
timmy wrote:
we went to the Chevy dealer you mention but they said it was 500 bath deposit and would take 2 weeks then 1500 on collection but this was about 4 years ago , i thought the dealership was " crap " we had a service done there and they could,nt reset the service warning light on the dashboard ( still not fixed ) would never return there ..
Totally agree RE the Chevy dealer. Not mechanics but rather parts changers. In fact, the ONLY good experience I had there was the recent key fob experience.

In one instance, they misdiagnosed a bad ignition coil on a 2003 Optra. They shot the parts cannon at it with new plugs and plug wires. I returned a few days later with the same random misfire, I watched the mechanic use the wrong plug socket and break a one week old spark plug. They charged me for it so I challenged them. Manager made no effort to make it right. I ordered a coil on lazada and changed it myself. I am always disappointed when my basic understanding and Google make me better at the job than the "pros".

I can only recommend that place for the key fob when compared to the price and time it took at the shop by Amorn.
Benjamin Franklin

petl
udonmap.com

Re: Where Can I Buy It? Done

Post by petl » September 6, 2022, 12:13 pm

Mr Dee came through, all fixed, quick and cheap. Thanks .

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Where Can I Buy It? Done

Post by parrot » September 6, 2022, 4:57 pm

petl wrote:
September 6, 2022, 12:13 pm
Mr Dee came through, all fixed, quick and cheap. Thanks .
Thanks for the followup post. Good info to keep handy. Wish more readers of UM would post followup.....good/bad/ugly

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » September 16, 2022, 7:48 pm

There is a key fob/battery kiosk just inside the entrance to Lotus on the Ring Road near Nong Khai Highway intersection. I can recommend.
The best gadget is the human brain.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”