Pharmacy...comparison shopping made easy

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
747man
udonmap.com

Re: Pharmacy...comparison shopping made easy

Post by 747man » September 30, 2018, 4:48 pm

Is Co-Codamol Available HERE ????

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 1, 2018, 9:15 am

Co-Codamol = paracetemol + codeine ,
codeine = controlled substance in los and you will probably get with a prescription ?... ;)

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 1, 2018, 11:39 am

kopkei wrote:
October 1, 2018, 9:15 am
Co-Codamol = paracetemol + codeine ,
codeine = controlled substance in los and you will probably get with a prescription ?... ;)
Thank You...

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 5, 2018, 3:23 pm

The pharmacy next to Global that FrazeeDK recommended.....next to Global on the ring road.....is over 100 baht cheaper for 30 tabs of 10mg atorvastatin. Forte charged 645......but the one next to Global 520. A significant difference!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » October 5, 2018, 5:17 pm

parrot wrote:
October 5, 2018, 3:23 pm
The pharmacy next to Global that FrazeeDK recommended.....next to Global on the ring road.....is over 100 baht cheaper for 30 tabs of 10mg atorvastatin. Forte charged 645......but the one next to Global 520. A significant difference!
The Military Hospital charges only 15 baht for a 40 mg atorvastatin tab which you can cut 4 ways and they'll even give you a free pill cutter. Can't beat that price anywhere in Udon.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 5, 2018, 5:43 pm

semper , this will probably be atorsan from GPO brand ?, they are priced 1.500/box100/40mg
atorvastatin from SANDOZ will also be around that price ...
i have switched my lipitor (atorvastatin) 40mg 4 years ago by bestatin (simvastatin) 40mg/box 100/ 300 baht...
working fine with me .... ;)

Bouph
udonmap.com

Post by Bouph » November 22, 2018, 1:44 pm

[-X
Last edited by Bouph on December 16, 2018, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » November 22, 2018, 5:21 pm

I tried forte for pradaxa (a type of warfarin) no use didn't call me back after saying would order for me.can see why they may of shut down.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 1, 2020, 12:39 pm

About 15 months ago I bought my current 500 pack of Allopurinol (100mg) from the pharmacy about 200 metres north of the Ban Huay market - the one opposite the Krung Thai Bank.

They offered a choice of three brands (all generics), and I chose the middle price of TBH380.

Yesterday I went back for a further pack - price now TBH1000. :shock:

That can't be right I said, so the assistant called the boss on the phone to check. After some discussion, he offered me a "special discount" down to 700, which he confirmed to the assistant, and the call finished.

I then asked the assistant for the prices of the other 2 brands, but they only stocked 1 other, which was marked at TBH650. Without me asking, she immediately discounted this to TBH550 (which I purchased).

So just be aware that it is probably worthwhile to shop around for your meds, and to ask for a discount.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » September 1, 2020, 1:32 pm

Fortunately, at least at present, neither I or the family need regular medication, but I have a friend and his wife who do. Very recently, they were talking about the pharmacy near Global and were very positive about the prices there.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » September 1, 2020, 2:01 pm

Off topic just a bit. In the US, I had health insurance that covered prescription drugs. Sounds good, right? BUT, I had to pay the doctor for writing the prescriptions. The prescriptions were good for only a 30 day supply, At the pharmacy I had to make a $20 copayment for each prescription and there were three different drugs. The worst part was that my blood pressure was NOT being controlled.

After I moved to Thailand, a friend of mine took me to see his heart doctor. I took the drugs I had been taking with me. The doctor gave me a brief checkup, looked at the drugs and simply advised me to throw them away. He advised me to buy a drug called Anapril 20 mg and 81 mg aspirins. He wanted me to come back to see him in ten days. A hundred tablets of each cost me less than $10, no prescription necessary. My blood pressure was controlled and still is after many years, same drugs.

The US drug market is or should be a criminal offense. A SUPER ripoff.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 1, 2020, 2:55 pm

jackspratt wrote:
September 1, 2020, 12:39 pm
About 15 months ago I bought my current 500 pack of Allopurinol (100mg) from the pharmacy about 200 metres north of the Ban Huay market - the one opposite the Krung Thai Bank.

They offered a choice of three brands (all generics), and I chose the middle price of TBH380.

That can't be right I said, so the assistant called the boss on the phone to check. After some discussion, he offered me a "special discount" down to 700, which he confirmed to the assistant, and the call finished.

I then asked the assistant for the prices of the other 2 brands, but they only stocked 1 other, which was marked at TBH650. Without me asking, she immediately discounted this to TBH550 (which I purchased).

So just be aware that it is probably worthwhile to shop around for your meds, and to ask for a discount.
After seeing this I just checked on my supplier, you're right the price has increased somewhat - but not too much! Guessing about 20 satang a day.

I buy the 300mg tablets and cut em in half/day - 1500 Baht for a 500 which will last me 1000 days = 1.5 Baht a day - WTF - cheap as chips! =D>

http://drugstorebangkok.com/product/apr ... 300-mg-1s/
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » September 1, 2020, 5:53 pm

Good day.
You probably know that there is a big pharmacy just across Ban Huay Market, on the street corner. There is another one on Phon Phisai street, 150m from the traffic lights. It looks like a garage ( parking ), it has Chinese red lanterns in front, Just walk inside, it is probably some kind of wholesale market. Few years back i compared drugstores and that was the one with the lowest prices for my medications. Prices stayed the same for 3-4 years, about 18 months ago, my TGF went to buy my medications, and when she showed me the bill, i was surprised to notice that she had paid 20% less than i did.
Thai prices vs Falang prices !!!!! Good luck.
[attachment=0]drug.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
drug.jpg

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » September 1, 2020, 6:14 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
September 1, 2020, 2:55 pm
jackspratt wrote:
September 1, 2020, 12:39 pm

After seeing this I just checked on my supplier, you're right the price has increased somewhat - but not too much! Guessing about 20 satang a day.

I buy the 300mg tablets and cut em in half/day - 1500 Baht for a 500 which will last me 1000 days = 1.5 Baht a day - WTF - cheap as chips! =D>

http://drugstorebangkok.com/product/apr ... 300-mg-1s/
This is by no means advice, BUT, the pharmacist, who is also a doctor no longer stocks Alopurinol. She sold my wife colchicine. According to the pharmacist, one little pill a day will also prevent gout attacks. Needless to say, I was doubtful but I decided to try it. That was well over two months ago and so far, no problem. I was familiar with colchicine because every few months I could feel a twinge warning me that an attack was coming. The colchicine would take care of it. I had never thought that one a day could keep that miserable condition under control.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 1, 2020, 8:10 pm

My understanding is that Allopurinol and Colchicine have different, albeit it slightly overlapping purposes.

Allopurinol is a milder, daily drug to lower the uric acid in your body, and thereby hopefully prevent gout attacks.

On the other hand, Colchicine is what you take to ameliorate the effect of a gout attack when it happens. It is also a lot harder on the body - which I have unfortunately experienced.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » September 20, 2020, 10:32 am

that place on phonpisai rd , 100m up from intersection is songserm medical. despite the
unobtrusive front, almost a warehouse in back

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 21, 2020, 7:18 am

Pharmacies I find are much like restaurants, not only are the prices reasonable, I am sure that on occasions you may find it cheaper elsewhere but are they generic or the real deal .
Once you have found a pharmacy and especially here ,the staff are helpful and can actually understand youm then you trust the staff to deal with your medication needs, at a price that is acceptable, allowing for the aforementioned to be reality. Then you are halfway to feeling better .
Many illnesses are problematic and causes the person to worry and become stressed, many are psychosomatic, therefore a good empthatic Pharmacist can assist in allieviating those mental symptoms.

Not just about cost but the way you actually feel and if the medication does mean that you to feel better then the trust was worth it.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”