Villa Market

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
fdimike
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by fdimike » July 2, 2014, 6:42 pm

2 Lao customers hit Villa market 3-4 times a week and wheel out a number of shopping carts full of items each time. I'm told they spend on the average of 5,000Baht each visit.

An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by merchant seaman » July 2, 2014, 6:45 pm

5,000Baht? That's about 3 bags full. I have no problem spending 3,000 Baht a visit and carry out what I bought.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

pomps
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by pomps » July 2, 2014, 7:23 pm

fdimike wrote:FYI the Villa Market here in UT is not a franchise operation. It's owned by the same family which owns all the other Villa Markets here in Thailand.
Then my humble apologies fdmike :oops: ,thought it would be a good money earner for them,get local Thais fork out a couple of million then have it kitted out for free but they then deal with what stock they should have.
If Tartar has already been in contact with some customers,can someone find out her actual hours of being in the store.For starters need to ask the stock control manager why they cannot keep large stocks of products that some of us find that has either run out or just always in such limited supply ie,loads of Johnsonville,Vlasic (although today they had loads),sharp cheddar,Lenders,MS list of goodies,to name a few.
No point having 40 types of crisps and 10 types of mineral water always in stock IMO 8)

ps ignore the flashing hot deals on their website,tis a red herring.go to the homepage section, the latest e brochure is there 8)

fdimike
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by fdimike » July 2, 2014, 7:44 pm

Oops sorry about that I believe it should read 15 - 20,000Baht each visit. I understand they have a supermarket in Vientiane.

Ms Tatar works every day except Friday which is her day off. She normally takes a "lunch" break at around 4:00PM. She is normally on the floor looking to assist customers.

I think a lot of the problems with stock levels may be related to the supplier/importer. It appears that Tesco Lotus has similar problems. ie Kraft mayo has been out of stock for quite some time.

I couldn't agree with you more Pomps re: the crisps & water. I think they have at least cut back on the amount of ladies sanitary products which can be sourced from nearly any shop in UT.

I would strongly suggest you send an email to their main office in BKK outlining your concerns. I'm told the owner of Villa Markets is going to be paying a visit to the UT store sometime this month.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by FrazeeDK » July 2, 2014, 9:07 pm

yes, Phimphone Market in Vientiane has lots of Farang stuff shipped in with higher markups than Villa...
Dave

stereolab
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by stereolab » July 2, 2014, 9:18 pm

GARYZX6R wrote:Dont know why our two farang stores, VM and Tops are so bad compared to other cities. Went to VM in BKK and the new Tops in Sakorn Nakhon both had more stock and choice than ours and more cheap offers in stock.
Villa Market in Pattaya is also a poor operation with low stock levels and poor choice for Farang. Hard to believe in a shop in the centre of Pattaya has such limited stock for Farang. I will visit Tops in Sakorn next month to check it out.

The best shop i have been in was in Singapore a huge place with all the chocolate, cheeses , biscuits, tea and coffee you could think of, forgotten the name however, it was a Middle eastern type name.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 2, 2014, 10:28 pm

fdimike wrote:FYI the Villa Market here in UT is not a franchise operation. It's owned by the same family which owns all the other Villa Markets here in Thailand.
Whilst in the capitals import offices recently i was told by the Bkk based dry goods buyer for VM that the store in Udonthani was a franchise , i will confirm as i see him most times we to Bangkok.

Reference VM IMO .. a great asset to Udon sadly in totally the wrong location , why they didnt consider a ground floor location in the Premium Outlet on the East ring road is strange , they could have dominated the complex , i suspect way cheaper lease , easy access , trolley to car , parking etc etc ,, i like VM for certain items but dont bother to go much because of where it is ...thats my choice .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

redwolf
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by redwolf » July 2, 2014, 11:40 pm

I've given up on them from the perspective they no longer carry any of the dry goods / frozen goods I used to go there for.

Their other outlet that I used to frequent while living in outlet in Phuket is another story. Business booming at all times, always plenty of stock, customers filling carts to capacity, price no object.

Surely someone at HQ watching the big picture has caught on to the difference. Odd that they came all the way up here vs. Khon Kaen. Doesn't KK have a larger farang demographic?
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

pomps
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by pomps » July 4, 2014, 3:34 pm

Not sure why they did not look at the Khon Kaen option or maybe a better option Chiang Mai :-k ,Rimping in Chiang Mai has dominance oop there from my understanding,and the cheese selection picture on their website,absolutely marvellous :D

SkyyWalker
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by SkyyWalker » July 4, 2014, 5:16 pm

redwolf wrote:I've given up on them from the perspective they no longer carry any of the dry goods / frozen goods I used to go there for.

Their other outlet that I used to frequent while living in outlet in Phuket is another story. Business booming at all times, always plenty of stock, customers filling carts to capacity, price no object.

Surely someone at HQ watching the big picture has caught on to the difference. Odd that they came all the way up here vs. Khon Kaen. Doesn't KK have a larger farang demographic?
I think the farang population of Udon dwarfs that of Khon Kaen.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by Charlieb » July 4, 2014, 5:26 pm

I went today and they now have at least 10 slots in VIP parking marked off as Villa only. The amazing thing is that about 5 were still open. This was about 11:30 AM

Looks like the Thais, as usual, are now parking in the middle of the driveway behind parked cars. I hope those people can get out.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 4, 2014, 6:09 pm

Called in VM quickly today with 6 items on my list .....walked out with ONE ... NO i wasnt followed by the store security guard =; tho i must remember to go back and pay for it later [-X !! JOKE .

Stock rotation and general re stocking of products on a regular basis does seem to be hit n miss with VM , i know all too well it is not easy getting stuff up to Udon from Bkk but this excuse can only account for a small number of items not the majority of stock that is all to often labelled NO HAVE.....love the AC and telephone totty tho .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by papafarang » July 4, 2014, 6:29 pm

went yesterday seemed to have most things....got my ground beef and a pack of Rolo's yum yum
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

jingjai
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by jingjai » July 5, 2014, 3:58 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
Whilst in the capitals import offices recently i was told by the Bkk based dry goods buyer for VM that the store in Udonthani was a franchise , i will confirm as i see him most times we to Bangkok.

Reference VM IMO .. a great asset to Udon, sadly in totally the wrong location, why they didnt consider a ground floor location in the Premium Outlet on the East ring road is strange, they could have dominated the complex,I suspect way cheaper lease , easy access , trolley to car , parking etc, etc.
DM
Agree with all that DM.
Premium Outlet is a colossal waste of prime retail space.
Villa Market could have made it great shopping destination. IMO
Add in a couple of good dining venues...fantastic!

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by kubotatim » July 6, 2014, 7:05 am

Shopped yesterday and I was able to park in the reserved area, well controlled now it seems, and I got every thing on my long list and Mss Tartar was very chatty, a good visit, well done to all involved.

pomps
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by pomps » July 15, 2014, 12:38 pm

As other posters have mentioned they are slowly getting their act together re the parking in the VIP area,managed to find a space but on leaving some cars allowed to double park so a slight delay exiting 8)
Most items in stock from my list except no pies or rolos whatsoever,asked if Tartar had arrived but promptly told she is on holiday :shock:
Only couple of products made a note of :-
Colemans mustard 95 baht 100g exp feb 15
Colemans horseradish 105 baht 250ml exp nov 14
Branston original and small chunk 179 baht 360g
Oscar Mayer naturally hardwood smoked bacon 315 baht 16oz

Since no rolos in stock bought curly wurlies,3 in pack,99 baht 78g 8)

pomps
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by pomps » July 18, 2014, 4:02 pm

A trip in today to try and locate their Sharwood sauce range but alas no stock whatsoever :(

Some prices for you to chew on 8)

Birds eye custard powder 119 baht 300g
Kolios authentic greek feta cheese 235 baht 200g
Soignon Buchette de Chevre (plain) 165 baht 125g
Dutch gauda pesto red (tomato & oregano) cheese 1750 baht per kg
Kraft extra sharp cheese 175 baht 226g
Loads of Lemnos feta cheese in stock

Freezer section
Edwards Keyline pie 85 baht 92g
Aunt Bessie dumplings (8 in pack) 169 baht 390g
Kraft cool whip topping 189 baht 453g

Red wine Penfolds 138, 3200 baht,Penfolds 2, 890 baht and Penfolds 389, 4799 baht :shock:

pomps
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by pomps » July 21, 2014, 11:54 am

Today some prices to chew on and dribble over 8)

Hunts hickory bbq and original sauce 125 baht 18oz
Franks red hot original sauce 179 baht 12oz and 285 baht 23oz
Franks red hot wings sauce 179 baht 12oz

Freezer section
Johnsonville beef hot links 209 baht 12oz
Tinas chicken and rice and beans and cheese burrito 35 baht 4oz

No Johnsonville hot italian in stock,limited BIRC range,3 Hollandhouse rollmops left.
They have ladys and papafarang pies in stock,2 papafarang cornish pasties and now only 6 papafarang mince pies left.Plenty of Lenders bagels onion and original.Back in stock rolos at 49 baht and finally cod loins here in the freezer section 600 baht a kg. 8)

Tequila selection
Patron silver 2939 baht
Patron Reposada 3199 baht
Patron xocafe 1420 baht
Sierra Andigno 1715 baht
Omeca gold 1159 baht

papafarang
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by papafarang » July 21, 2014, 12:02 pm

cheers pomps ,will get more stock sent to villa in a couple of days
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Sport
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by Sport » July 21, 2014, 5:52 pm

pomps wrote:Today some prices to chew on and dribble over 8)

Tequila selection
Patron silver 2939 baht
Patron Reposada 3199 baht
Patron xocafe 1420 baht
Sierra Andigno 1715 baht
Omeca gold 1159 baht
Thanks Nigel, I already have those in the bar. Good boy for looking.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”