Where to buy a quality motorcycle helmet

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
Photoman
udonmap.com

Where to buy a quality motorcycle helmet

Post by Photoman » February 20, 2011, 1:11 am

Hi all ,

Could you direct me to a shop , as I would like to purchase a couple of quality motorcycle helments , as near to British Standards as poss .

Thanks

maaka
udonmap.com

Re: Where to buy a quality motorcycle helmet

Post by maaka » February 20, 2011, 3:40 am

I brought mine all the way from home, but I noticed a little motorbike parts shop with good helmuts directly opposite the Prison gates. well they werent the cheap little plastic ones anyway, some full face

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » February 20, 2011, 6:11 am

I'm not sure about the quality, but there's a shop with a comprehensive display of helmets on Phosi Road. Coming from the Fountain Circle towards Thung Si Muang, I think it's on the corner, first left (Amphoe Road?), next to the Buddha Emulate Market.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » February 20, 2011, 10:07 am

When you do find a shop that sells helmets get a Shark branded one, it's Thai made to EEC specs.

randerson79
udonmap.com

Post by randerson79 » February 20, 2011, 10:36 am

Thanks for the info on the Shark Helmets. I've looked every where in Udon for a good helmet. I also have a large head and they only carry 1 small asian head size. I looked on www.shark-helmets.com and they only listed dealers in Bangkok. On my next trip there I'll have a look.

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » February 20, 2011, 10:46 am

I have a SHOEI RX-R full-face helmet for sale, Black colour, size 55cm (quite small), good condition.
4,000 Baht.

Photoman
udonmap.com

Post by Photoman » February 20, 2011, 2:28 pm

Thanks to all that replied , very helpfull .

Stevo ... I will let you know as soon as I speak to the Mrs , any chance of a pic .

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » February 21, 2011, 7:57 am

Hi have you seen REAL helmets ?They are a nice reasonable quality helmet and good value for money. I know they sell them in a helmet shop along the Prosri Rd ,by the Nong Bua market . Not the same quality as the Shark but not the same price either..Worth a look.

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » February 21, 2011, 9:07 am

GARYZX6R wrote:Hi have you seen REAL helmets ?They are a nice reasonable quality helmet and good value for money. I know they sell them in a helmet shop along the Prosri Rd ,by the Nong Bua market . Not the same quality as the Shark but not the same price either..Worth a look.
If your safety motivated,stay away from cheap helmuts,they are only sufficient for avoiding police fines!For safety,pay a high price now so you can avoid paying the highest price later!

randerson79
udonmap.com

Post by randerson79 » February 21, 2011, 9:27 am

Might be worth a look. They look better than the plastic buckets with foam liner they sell at the discount stores. They even have XXL.

http://www.real-helmets.com/

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » February 21, 2011, 9:38 am

randerson79 wrote:Thanks for the info on the Shark Helmets. I've looked every where in Udon for a good helmet. I also have a large head and they only carry 1 small asian head size. I looked on http://www.shark-helmets.com and they only listed dealers in Bangkok. On my next trip there I'll have a look.
I have a friend who required a plus size helmet. It was his experience that many shops don't carry them because they may not sell, but they can be readily ordered. He ended up choosing a helmet style and pattern he liked and had the shop order in his size. He had to pay up front and took about a week to get.

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » February 21, 2011, 10:15 am

Photoman wrote:Stevo ... I will let you know as soon as I speak to the Mrs , any chance of a pic .

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » February 21, 2011, 5:53 pm

Regarding helmet sizing, its always best to try it on before buying as helmets are different shapes and some makes are not as comfortable as others. Totally agree with Stan about cheap helmets, ok if you think you have a head worth 150 baht.

johnwills
udonmap.com

Post by johnwills » February 21, 2011, 10:53 pm

Check out tech21 they have the best biker clothing and helmets in Udon (121/21 Phon Phisai Rd), its not cheap, but its good quality. PM me if you want me to send you a link to a site where you can see more. Sorry cannot post the link it would be deleted by the mods.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”