Whole house water filter

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
phayakk12
udonmap.com

Whole house water filter

Post by phayakk12 » October 30, 2010, 9:15 am

Does any one know of a place to get whole water filters in the Buri ram area ? thanks Tim

douglas
udonmap.com

Re: Whole house water filter

Post by douglas » October 30, 2010, 10:05 am

Hi,
Why have whole house water filters. You only need a filter on the kitchen supply. Bathrooms and toilets do not need a filter IMO. Just put a filter on the supply that you use for Drinking. Cheaper in the long run. Can be bought in any supermarket for a few thousand B. Changing the chemicals and filters will be a lot cheaper to.

phayakk12
udonmap.com

Post by phayakk12 » October 30, 2010, 10:36 am

Sorry my bag I like clean water when I shower.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » October 30, 2010, 12:24 pm

Phayakk12, you could have a look at this thread, if it's of any help:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/d ... 17733.html

The water where we live is clean and treated by the local authority/water company, (supposedly to a drinking standard), so I see no problem in using it throughout the house, - e.g. to shower and for hand basins or even to rinse mouths after brushing teeth. In my case I wanted to be extra sure of the water that we actually drink, and was having problems with the large 10 baht bottles delivered locally, so I purchased a filter unit, which was installed under the kitchen sink, and which thus provided additional filtering directed to one separate narrow bore tap next to the kitchen sink.

I would agree that I see no need to filter all the water to the house, unless perhaps you have particular problems locally, or certainly not to such a high standard.

The type of filter that I purchased can be obtained from the small shops in the larger shopping malls like Tesco, Big C etc and probably also from the larger DIY stores like Home Pro, Home Mart, Global House etc.

Alternatively, there are the much larger (about 1.75m high), sand, gravel or charcoal (?) filled filter systems which are fitted into the mains supply line outside. They cost about 10K - 15K baht and need back flushing every couple of weeks. Again any of the larger DIY stores should have these, or a decent local plumber or equivalent.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » October 30, 2010, 12:26 pm

Sorry my bag I like clean water when I shower.
Also if you have water as slime as what I get, toilet tanks fill with it, faucets clog, shower tiles gets a brown slime colored film. Don't think I would be drinking it even with a filter.

Don't know what's in your area, but Global House has 3 or 4 options for whole house filters with a way that you back flush the filtering, which would work best with pressure, say from your pump if you have one. With those filter carts, with my water, last a couple of days at 400 baht a hit. If you were to be drinking it and its like my city water, think you would need a couple of filter systems.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 30, 2010, 3:26 pm

hi phayakk, in my home i am using well water , as no tap water available, my system =pumping water from the well true 2 stainless 1.80mhigh filters, 1 with activated carbon , 1 with raisin , to a 1600l plastic tank in the floor , than 2nd pump to supply to the home , under the kitchen sink i have extra the 3 way small filter for drinking and cooking purposes,the big filter need to backwash the carbon, and re-activate the raisin with salt , every 1month to 2 months depending use ,the small filters every year, as i am not familiar with buri ram , i do know you sure can find them in surin, may an option for you , anyway for me the best shop to inform is in khon kaen , called inter water treatment...http://www.iwater.co.th/index-en.html, they supply all over thailand and work very professionally...., maybe with a bigger price tag , but for me it was worth it....

phayakk12
udonmap.com

Post by phayakk12 » October 30, 2010, 3:53 pm

Thanks guys for the input. Kopkei I plan on doing the same as you just was looking for a place close by to get the large filters. Like most of you said under counter ones easy to come by. Thanks Tim

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » November 1, 2010, 2:52 pm

phayakk12 wrote:Sorry my bag I like clean water when I shower.
Clean water they understand.
It's the term shower that sends them off scratching their heads. :?

NewHomeowner09

Post by NewHomeowner09 » November 3, 2010, 3:21 am

I used to work for a utility company that treated water up to "drinkable" standards, however, there are only a certain number of things they are required to test for. I'm confident that all regulated utility companies abide by these rules and standards, but I still filter my water at home. I think it is just safer in the long run. I would pose a challenge that if you are really concerned, have your water tested by an independent agency. That will give you the direction you need with your purifying needs.

martinclukey

Whole house water filter

Post by martinclukey » November 21, 2013, 5:46 pm

Hello Phayakk,

I also agree with douglas. why you need the whole house water filter? Because many people are set up the water filter in kitchen, bathrooms etc...Thanks...

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » December 21, 2018, 8:10 am

Can anyone update this Topic? I am looking to filter my well water up to a standard suitable for showering, washing etc, do any of the large do it yourself outlets sell anything suitable for large volume filtering?
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 21, 2018, 8:30 am

As you're heading toward the airport, on the Ring road, with Tesco and Bic C on you're left, a few hundred meters before you turn right to the airport, there's a filter store on your left hand side.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » December 21, 2018, 8:42 am

Thanks parrot I'll have a look over the weekend
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » December 21, 2018, 11:22 am

It depends how dirty the water is coming out of the well.i use a two stage 16inch filter which takes it to a decent level to use in house.if you go too far in stages you'll only clog it up with dirt very quickly.i paid 6,000b but look on lazada and might find cheaper.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 21, 2018, 11:30 am

We had salesmen at the land last week who install a filter beside the water tank so all water to the house is drinkable. The cost they quoted was around 24000 but offered to fit the system free for a 2-4 week trial period. The misses tells me they are on the ring road not far from Homepro

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 21, 2018, 11:51 am

dunroaming wrote:
December 21, 2018, 11:30 am
We had salesmen at the land last week who install a filter beside the water tank so all water to the house is drinkable. The cost they quoted was around 24000 but offered to fit the system free for a 2-4 week trial period. The misses tells me they are on the ring road not far from Homepro
The shop is same side as Homepro, a few hundred meters before Homepro, as you're heading toward Global

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 21, 2018, 2:13 pm

there is a new shop if you are driving from thaiwatsadu to the airport , crossing tahaan road and the shop is left side just before the next traffic lights... ;)

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » December 21, 2018, 2:41 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
December 21, 2018, 11:22 am
It depends how dirty the water is coming out of the well.i use a two stage 16inch filter which takes it to a decent level to use in house.if you go too far in stages you'll only clog it up with dirt very quickly.i paid 6,000b but look on lazada and might find cheaper.
The water comes out very clean looking but left to stand for an hr or 2 a silvery film forms on the surface, l don't know what it is so l thought if l could put it through a decent filter of some kind maybe it would be good enough to bath in.
I don't want to spend alot of cash as I can truck in cleaner water for free 200 metres away, 6000bht sounds pretty reasonable.
What would your 2 stage filter consist Of?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 21, 2018, 7:24 pm

On city water and when they started hooking up new service somewhere in the city, our water went murky so installed this on the main supply before the storage tanks and pressure pump system.
f1.jpg
Primary
Then installed this one on the outlet of the pump to the house.
f2.jpg
Secondary
Then we have these on the kitchen, wet bar and the master bathroom taps.
f3.jpg
Final
f3.jpg (55.78 KiB) Viewed 3648 times
Forgot to add, that's for a 4 bed, 3 bathroom house with western kitchen. I change the primary filter and faucet filters monthly but due to the ---- that got into the storage tanks, the secondary was a weekly job. It's more like every 2-3 weeks now so getting better.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » December 22, 2018, 5:37 am

Tamada, if you don’t mind me asking, approximately how much are you paying monthly for filters. Also the costs for your main, pump, and faucet units. Thanks in advance for the info, I am interested in settting up a similar system myself.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”