English Premier League 2008-09

General sports news and discussions.
beer monkey
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2008-09

Post by beer monkey » February 8, 2009, 6:40 pm

Ooo Nobby Stiles...he is Da man, his name has gone down in History and will never be forgotton.(before my time but a legend)

Chelsea need to pull their socks up overwise Everton/arse-nel will be pulling closer to them...Man U today, would like to see The Hammers win, but would be better off for me for Berbatov and Vidic scoring a few along with Van Der Sar keeping a clean sheet. :mrgreen:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 8, 2009, 6:42 pm

I need Carlton "excuzhe me occifer" Cole to perform
Can't see it appning today for Carlton as he got to get past defence AND Van Den Plas...so i subbed him for this week....hope his success continues though what with your curse IA....it must wear off soon me thinks.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 8, 2009, 6:45 pm

I expect the current top four to be the top four that finish in May

Gooners not going to qualify for champions league then :-"

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 8, 2009, 7:10 pm

Irish Alan wrote:
BobHelm wrote:Belief & hope is what keeps all football fans going - often in the face of reality 747 :D :D :D
I think the games today will go a long way to see who ends where in May.
Arsenal certainly need a win and will start looking over their shoulders if anything else happens.
If United win Pool can forget it and concentrate on Europe again this season.... :D :D

A bit premature Bob. Certainly United will be in the ascendancy but the opera is far from over. Both in FF and real world I need Carlton "excuzhe me occifer" Cole to perform and if the happy Hammers can snatch a win I will be VERY happy. Only IF United are 6+ points clear in April can Liverpool start thinking about throwing towels in.

I expect the current top four to be the top four that finish in May with the only difference being Chelsea and Arsenal changing places if Chelsea drop more points. If Arsenal don't qualify for the Champion's League expect a mass exodus from The Emirates in May led by Van Persie.
Alan, Maybe a SMALLER club could change places with BOTH Arsenal & Chelski ( Just Maybe ................) :yikes: :yikes: =D> =D>

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 8, 2009, 7:41 pm

Wilkins hits out at Boo Boys...but he is not going to translate to scolari what they where saying..lol., but i bet he got the jist of it. :mrgreen:

Assistant coach Ray Wilkins has labelled a minority of Chelsea fans "out of order" after they hurled abuse at boss Luiz Felipe Scolari.

Chelsea have now dropped 16 points at home this season and they slipped to fourth place in the Premier League after their goalless draw against hard-working Hull.

But Scolari was the target for the Chelsea boo-boys when he replaced on-loan Ricardo Quaresma with Didier Drogba in the second half.

A section of the home support chanted 'You don't know what you're doing' at the Brazilian coach and then booed the team off at the final whistle.

But Wilkins declared: "I think it is a minority that would be chanting it. That would kick it off and then people would get on the back of that.

"That is their prerogative because they pay their money. People do pay a lot of money to watch football and if they want to boo then by all means come and boo.

"But to say someone does not know what he is doing when he has achieved what he has in the game, is a tad out of order.

"It is never very pleasant whatever ground you are at. He clearly does know what he is doing. He has been in the game a hell of a long time and won a lot of trophies as well. So, from that aspect it is quite disappointing.

"The substitutions are always to try and improve things on the pitch, so that is why we did it."

The only saving grace for Scolari, according to Wilkins, is that he probably would not have understood what the Chelsea fans were chanting.

And the former England midfielder insists he has no plans to inform the Brazilian.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » February 8, 2009, 8:16 pm

747man wrote:Alan, Maybe a SMALLER club could change places with BOTH Arsenal & Chelski ( Just Maybe ................) :yikes: :yikes: =D> =D>
What team do you have in mind... Wigan?
stattointhailand wrote:I expect the current top four to be the top four that finish in May

Gooners not going to qualify for champions league then :-"
I will not do a Mark "Sit on the fence" Lawrenson and stick my Gregory Peck out and say no they will not.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 8, 2009, 9:27 pm

The Gooners are in Trouble Eboue sent off still off...still 0-0

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 8, 2009, 9:35 pm

Anyone seeing it live???
The sending off looks a bit strange on the BBC live text...
First booking.....Back chatting the ref???
16:09 Booking
Bacary Sagna concedes a free kick for a foul on Luka Modric. Emmanuel Eboue receives a yellow card.
Second....Retaliation????
36:00 Sent off
Emmanuel Eboue dismissed for second bookable offence.

36:00 Booking
Luka Modric challenges Emmanuel Eboue unfairly and gives away a free kick. Luka Modric is shown a yellow card.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » February 8, 2009, 9:41 pm

From Eurosport.
# 38' EBOUE IS OFF! It looks as though he is booked for his backchat to Modric following that incident, and Mike Dean sees fit to give him a second booking for dissent! Extraordinary!
# 37' Modric goes down under the challenge of Eboue... He receives the booking for a dive!
Booked for backchat to Modric? :shock:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 8, 2009, 10:11 pm

Anyone seeing it live???
The sending off looks a bit strange on the BBC live text...

watch it here bob H..

http://premiergoals.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... eb-09.html

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 8, 2009, 11:03 pm

Well thanks BM.. good clip... but I am even more confused now. It hardly looked like a yellow card to either player - seemed strange decision by the ref unless it was a very dirty game.....

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » February 8, 2009, 11:55 pm

BobHelm wrote:Well thanks BM.. good clip... but I am even more confused now. It hardly looked like a yellow card to either player - seemed strange decision by the ref unless it was a very dirty game.....
First card was for dissent and it seems Eboue kicked out at Modric to get the second yellow. Even Arsene isn't disputing it. He is more angry at what he believes was a perfectly good goal that was disallowed for the Gunners.

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » February 9, 2009, 10:22 am

747man wrote:Phew !!Alan, That was close,BUT As Souness had said earlier.....A Nice EASY game against Portsmouth [-X [-X [-X [-X Still Spewing S*it from The Gob,I See,Souey :-s :-s 8-[ 8-[ [-X [-X
game should have been mor comfortable for the reds than the 3-2 score.kuyt had a perfectly good goal disallowed and how did babel miss that open goal.i would have backed irish allan to put that one in! ha,ha.
so with a decent linesman and irish allan up front a more realistic score would have been 5-2.
also its rumoured that tony adams will get the sack from portsmouth today.
title is between us and the mancs only.villa third and chelsea,arsenal,wigan and west ham scrapping for 4th :-$

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » February 9, 2009, 10:28 am

souness wrote:
747man wrote:Phew !!Alan, That was close,BUT As Souness had said earlier.....A Nice EASY game against Portsmouth [-X [-X [-X [-X Still Spewing S*it from The Gob,I See,Souey :-s :-s 8-[ 8-[ [-X [-X
game should have been mor comfortable for the reds than the 3-2 score.kuyt had a perfectly good goal disallowed and how did babel miss that open goal.i would have backed irish allan to put that one in! ha,ha.
so with a decent linesman and irish allan up front a more realistic score would have been 5-2.
title is between us and the mancs only.villa third and chelsea,arsenal,wigan and west ham scrapping for 4th :-$
Yes Sean I have put many of those away in my time. ;) And I played for free, not 120,000 quid per week.

SKY News say Adams has been sacked, as did Adrian Chiles on MOTD 2 tonight.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 9, 2009, 10:33 am

souness wrote:
Sean, Did you forget to mention THAT Smaller team from "The OTHER Side of Stanley Park :? :? :? [-X [-X [-X

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » February 9, 2009, 10:41 am

747man wrote:Sean, Did you forget to mention THAT Smaller team from "The OTHER Side of Stanley Park :? :? :? [-X [-X [-X
Irrelevant m'lud... 4th will be between Chelsea and Arsenal... The rest will be fighting it out for UEFA Cup places.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 9, 2009, 10:47 am

If they all drop many more points, I'll start to think that they are waiting for Newcastle to catch up :yikes: Could be a long wait :roll:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 9, 2009, 11:53 am

Man Utd.1-0 over West Ham!I am happy,but WH looked more than equal to the task!They had several scrambling scoring opportunities in the box and played with alot of confidence and skill!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 9, 2009, 12:03 pm

Sounds like they were missing a certain little Welsh ******** in front of goal.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 9, 2009, 9:45 pm

Irish Alan wrote:
747man wrote:Sean, Did you forget to mention THAT Smaller team from "The OTHER Side of Stanley Park :? :? :? [-X [-X [-X
Irrelevant m'lud... 4th will be between Chelsea and Arsenal... The rest will be fighting it out for UEFA Cup places.
WE SHALL SEE...... ;) ;) ;)

Return to “World Sports”