English Premier League 2008-09

General sports news and discussions.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2008-09

Post by BobHelm » January 19, 2009, 5:32 pm

Ah BM an Everton win to keep me happy - both in fantasy land & the real world.
An Arteta hat trick would be the icing on the cake as far as FF is concerned!!!

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 19, 2009, 6:05 pm

Ok will except a Toffees win...but Lescott to hat trick with bonus's ....don't mention Arteta Irish Alan might be reading. 8-[

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 19, 2009, 6:57 pm

BobHelm wrote:Ah BM an Everton win to keep me happy - both in fantasy land & the real world.
Whisper it VERY VERY quietly :-$ (we don't want 747 having a heart attack) ...... It could be his last "hatrick" in the premier division. Quoted as saying "I would find it very hard to leave the Premier League", and there is rarely any "smoke without fire".

Bellamy going to Man City for a reputed 14m (small change really), with West ham hoping to sign Pablo Daniel Osvaldo from Fiorentina as a replacement.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 19, 2009, 7:11 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
BobHelm wrote:Ah BM an Everton win to keep me happy - both in fantasy land & the real world.
Whisper it VERY VERY quietly :-$ (we don't want 747 having a heart attack) ...... It could be his last "hatrick" in the premier division. Quoted as saying "I would find it very hard to leave the Premier League", and there is rarely any "smoke without fire".

Bellamy going to Man City for a reputed 14m (small change really), with West ham hoping to sign Pablo Daniel Osvaldo from Fiorentina as a replacement.
Gee Thanks for THAT Statto,I dont want 747 having a Heart Attack,Either [-o< [-o< [-o< anyway I'll be getting up to watch it on UBC, & I'll have my Blue & White Scarf on to keep out the Cold early morning chill !! :roll: :roll:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 19, 2009, 7:14 pm

beer monkey wrote:Ok will except a Toffees win...but Lescott to hat trick with bonus's ....don't mention Arteta Irish Alan might be reading. 8-[
Sean A Hatrick from either would be VERY nice thank you,But it is outside my wildest dreams !! :shock: :shock:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 19, 2009, 7:16 pm

Thanks for the support,Bob....Hey Irish is very quiet today,& My guess is IF the Blues win,He might be sulking for a little while !! :lol: :lol:

Gozzo
udonmap.com

Post by Gozzo » January 19, 2009, 7:21 pm

That would do me fine too Bob, and a brace from Cahill to go with it. Well if your going to have icing on the cake you might as well add some ............ TOFFEEEEEEEEE.... :mrgreen:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 19, 2009, 7:54 pm

Gozzo wrote:
That would do me fine too Bob, and a brace from Cahill to go with it. Well if your going to have icing on the cake you might as well add some ............ TOFFEEEEEEEEE.... :mrgreen:
Will you be watching it live,Goz ??

Gozzo
udonmap.com

Post by Gozzo » January 19, 2009, 8:22 pm

747man wrote:
Gozzo wrote:
Will you be watching it live,Goz ??
No mate. I cannot afford the pay tv at the mo. Give em an extra cheer for me when they score. :wave:

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » January 20, 2009, 12:55 am

747man wrote:
Thanks for the support,Bob....Hey Irish is very quiet today,& My guess is IF the Blues win,He might be sulking for a little while !! :lol: :lol:
Naw Al I never sulk... I suppose I should sleep and get up for it but noooooo, I will be in the land of nod dreaming of Beyonce and a bottle of Johnson's baby oil. ImageImageImage

I'm more worried that the fat Spanish waiter has rejected his latest contract offer... wonder if Gillet and Hicks have Klinsmann on speed dial..... ImageImageImage

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 20, 2009, 5:36 am

didn't watch it but was 1 a piece at the whistle....Cahill + Gerrard.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 20, 2009, 10:39 am

Man Citys bid for Kaka has finally "failed".
Great quote from Flavio Briatore when he likened Kaka moving to City as ..... "like Micheal Schumacher driving for Minardi ....... totally pointless" :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 20, 2009, 12:39 pm

beer monkey wrote:didn't watch it but was 1 a piece at the whistle....Cahill + Gerrard.
Sean, You missed quite an entertaining game, But I reckon WE should have WON !! Hoping we will on Sunday,Now that would be SWEET !!..............Alan.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 20, 2009, 12:46 pm

Irish Alan wrote:
747man wrote:
Naw Al I never sulk... I suppose I should sleep and get up for it but noooooo, I will be in the land of nod dreaming of Beyonce and a bottle of Johnson's baby oil. ImageImageImage

I'm more worried that the fat Spanish waiter has rejected his latest contract offer... wonder if Gillet and Hicks have Klinsmann on speed dial..... ImageImageImage
Oh Dear ! Nazis at the helm.......??? I Wonder !!Anyway Al,We will put The Derby ball away until Sunday,But NOT before I leave you with this Gem.......The Last Derby I went to at Anfield,The both teams were out " Kicking In " When over the tannoy came THIS......Will Mike Hunt meet his Brother Warwick outside after the match,ALL around everyone was in stitches,Typical SCOUSE Humour !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 20, 2009, 1:14 pm

Will Mike Hunt meet his Brother Warwick outside after the match,ALL around everyone was in stitches,Typical SCOUSE Humour !!

Who phoned the ground with the message? His dad Issac :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 20, 2009, 7:02 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Will Mike Hunt meet his Brother Warwick outside after the match,ALL around everyone was in stitches,Typical SCOUSE Humour !!

Who phoned the ground with the message? His dad Issac :lol:
Probably,Statto :lol: :lol: :lol:

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » January 21, 2009, 3:53 pm

cant believe pool have blown this lead.too many drawn matches at home.still theres all to play for in premiership,champions league and fa cup.i fancy us turning over everton 3-0 in this with torres back to form and stevie g,found innocent in court,scoring a couple.
everton had there once in ten games result monday so wont happen again.
but league still wide open with us,mancs,chelsea,villa and arsenal.
hey irish allan whats this with me still being top of the fantasy league ? i havent changed my team much only mainly through injuries and suspensien.
ill give you a tip allan.you need two out of stevie g,ronaldo and lampard in midfield to get some good scores.forget about strikers its the midfield thats most impotant.
now get yourself in the top 3 and stop hovering near the bottom of the league,ok.
ps.rafa will be staying.he just wants parry stopping interfering.

sean

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 21, 2009, 4:48 pm

Bit of silly trivia whilst everythings quiet.

We all can name the current premiership team that has spent the least time in the "top flight" of English football ....... Hull (It's their first year), and next has to be Wigan (in their 4th year).
But who would come next? Reading don't count as they are not a "current" premier team. Any Ideas?

Who holds the record for the least number of points ever scored in the Top Flight? Don't say Sunderland (they have scored over 3000 top flight points) or Derby (over 2500)

:-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

A beer to the first person with the two correct answers :guiness:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 21, 2009, 5:01 pm

Fulham with 20.
Have no idea on the points one though Statto.
My guess would be Hull, but I imagine that they have already amassed more points than someone who stayed a year, but I can't think who....

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 21, 2009, 5:03 pm

Bradford City???????????????????

Return to “World Sports”