English Premier League 2008-09

General sports news and discussions.
stokiebaz
udonmap.com

Post by stokiebaz » August 26, 2008, 8:26 pm

thanx for congrats zidane,watch this space for more shocks,we could surprise a few..stokiebaz. 8)

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2008-09

Post by JimboPSM » September 1, 2008, 6:04 am

After what seemed to be a totally disastrous opening match loss against Aston Villa :oops: City followed it with a 3 – 0 win at home against West Ham and today with a superb 3 – 0 win away at Sunderland and are now third (on goal difference) - mind you, it's still early days :-k

The first goal came from Stephen Ireland :D in injury time at the end of the first half and that was followed by two from Shaun Wright-Phillips :D :D early in the second half on his much welcomed return to Manchester City from Chelski.
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » September 1, 2008, 10:32 am

A few crazy results again this weekend.......the league is still settling down.
Who would have thought Chelsea would have been held by Spurs after their respective starts to the season.
Excellent win for City but also Everton 0 Portsmouth 3,West Ham 4 Blackburn 1,Hull City 0 Wigan 5....Hull certainly brought back down to earth with a bump !
A dour clash at the Reebok....Bolton 0 WBA 0.....two teams who could well feature in the relegation shake up at the end of the season.
World Cup Qualifiers next weekend....
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

patriot
udonmap.com

Post by patriot » September 1, 2008, 8:39 pm

Choas has broken out at Manchester Airport. Legions of United supporters have staged a sit-in and blockaded the runways in reaction to news that Taksin Shinawatra has relinquished responsibility to UDAG the Abu Dhabi based group.
Local train drivers and shopping mall rubbish bin attendants have threatened similar action.
Their gripe is that Taksin still has a controlling influence in management affairs.
There is no way that the wealth of Abu Dhabi stretches to purchasing a player for $50m.
This man's influence is global.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 1, 2008, 8:43 pm

Now Thaksin can bragg that ''his'' team won a game before he sold them.Going out a winner? :lol: :lol:

stokiebaz
udonmap.com

Post by stokiebaz » September 3, 2008, 7:57 pm

paper today says man city to bid 135m yes thats right for ronaldo..stokiebaz. :yikes:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » September 10, 2008, 7:40 pm

Michael Essien has ruptured the cruciate ligament in his knee playing for Ghana.He faces a lengthy lay off and quite possibly will miss the rest of the season for Chelsea.Quite a blow for them as he's a crucial player.
Steven Gerrard has been ruled out of this weekends clash with Manchester United after undergoing groin surgery but Fernando Torres is battling to be fit.Torres damaged his hamstring against Aston VIlla and was initially ruled out for three weeks.But he has responded well to treatment and has a chance of being fit for the clash against United.
Dodgy things hamstrings....likely to break down again if the injury hasnt fully healed.......dont take a chance Rafa.Obviously I've only got Torres' best interests at heart ! :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 10, 2008, 7:51 pm

i reckon a few will be transferring Essien over on the FF league. #-o
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Ba Bob
udonmap.com

Post by Ba Bob » September 10, 2008, 8:54 pm

Zidane wrote:Michael Essien has ruptured the cruciate ligament in his knee playing for Ghana.He faces a lengthy lay off and quite possibly will miss the rest of the season for Chelsea.Quite a blow for them as he's a crucial player.
Steven Gerrard has been ruled out of this weekends clash with Manchester United after undergoing groin surgery but Fernando Torres is battling to be fit.Torres damaged his hamstring against Aston VIlla and was initially ruled out for three weeks.But he has responded well to treatment and has a chance of being fit for the clash against United.
Dodgy things hamstrings....likely to break down again if the injury hasnt fully healed.......dont take a chance Rafa.Obviously I've only got Torres' best interests at heart ! :D
And Berbatov is supposed to play his first game for United could be interesting??

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 10, 2008, 9:29 pm

Essien will be missed by Chelsea for certain. There are very few good combative defensive mid fielders in the Premiership today. (Man U still haven't replaced Kean nor Arsenal Vieira). Personally I thought Claude Makélélé was a better player for Chelsea in that position (the great problem of age I guess).
Happy bunny that Gerrard won't be playing against Man U. although I wish him a VERY speedy recovery for the England qualifiers.
Berbatov we will wait & see - as someone else said on the forum before, all the negatives of "van the man" (sulky, not a team player etc. etc.etc.) but none of his predator instincts in front of goal (YET!!! :D :D )

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 11, 2008, 8:59 pm

sorry bob but i disagree about gerrard back for england , i didnt watch the match but the result speaks for itself , if it aint broke dont fix it . surely this is a time to start building a new team of youth , for the future . gerrards had plenty of oppertunity to prove himself in the national team and i personally dont think hes done anything special in an england shirt . there is a wealth of young english talent right now , get them in and see how they perform . ive always thought players should be picked on there current form and not there reputations .

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » September 12, 2008, 5:07 pm

Steve Clarke,assistant first team coach at Chelsea,has handed in his resignation after,supposedly,being offered a similar role at West Ham now managed by former Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola.
First,missing out on Robinho,second,Michael Essiens long term injury,now this......and a tough match away at Manchester City this weekend !

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » September 12, 2008, 8:19 pm

stevie g and fernando torres fit to face the mancs tomorrow.
good news,irish allan.
dont forgot its the early kick off.

sean

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » September 13, 2008, 12:45 am

Clarke's resignation rejected by Chelsea. IMHO he is crazy to quit... He has survived successive coaches at Chelsea and not been sacked where usually a manager brings in his own number 2... Can't see Zola doing much at West Ham and when he is sacked Clarke would go with him and in 6 months will be filling in his UB40.

Yes Sean good news with Gerrard and Torres... My problem will be seeing it. Have to collect Raquel from work at 5pm, get her to her mooban (somebody is having a party), wai my monster-in-law, say goodbye, speed back to Udon, park truck, get tuk-tuk to night market.

I think will be done for speeding jing-jing... ImageImageImage

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » September 13, 2008, 8:59 pm

Well done to the scousers,no vidic for the Chelsea game next week. =D>

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 14, 2008, 6:48 am

im not a liverpool fan but it was nice to see them do man utd yesturday , just to see the look on fergies face at the end !!!! anyone know what pathetic excuss he gave for the rare defeat ? ball too round ? pitch too flat ? grass too green ? ect ect ect. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 14, 2008, 8:16 am

saint wrote:im not a liverpool fan but it was nice to see them do man utd yesturday , just to see the look on fergies face at the end !!!! anyone know what pathetic excuss he gave for the rare defeat ? ball too round ? pitch too flat ? grass too green ? ect ect ect. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Not being British,I have no understanding of the bashing of such a successful manager.Maybe it happens alot,but i never hear any of his players or explayers bashing him?Why is it?
:?
Liverpool was definitely the better side after the first 20 minutes of the game.I thought it was going to be a blowout the way Man Utd. took charge in the beginning of the game!But the rest of the game,they fumbled passes and just didn't look as if they wanted it as much as Liverpool!Liverpools pace was faster a more evident throughout the game!Man Utd. looked like they were tired!

Hurry back Ronaldo!!! :lol:

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 14, 2008, 9:04 am

thats my point stan, you admit liverpool was the better side after the first 20 minutes . that is something fergie would never do . :( :( :(

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » September 14, 2008, 9:27 am

[/quote]Not being British,I have no understanding of the bashing of such a successful manager.Maybe it happens alot,but i never hear any of his players or explayers bashing him?Why is it?
[/quote]

As mentioned before Stan, you cannot knock him for his success, but being successful does not make him a nice man. Maybe you judge a person by his success?
You will find that most UK football fans who do not support Utd dislike him intensely.

Ba Bob
udonmap.com

Post by Ba Bob » September 14, 2008, 10:17 am

BKKSTAN wrote:but i never hear any of his players or explayers bashing him?Why is it?
Galee wrote:You will find that most UK football fans who do not support Utd dislike him intensely.
So those that know him personally wouldnt be the best judges it would be the supproters of other clubs whos opinion of him should count :shock: :?

Great win by Liverpool deserved the points but they would be a little worried i think, they totally dominated the game yet needed an own goal to get the win??

Return to “World Sports”