udonmap.com

Re: UEFA Champions League 2008-09

Post by Irish Alan » December 20, 2008, 11:49 am

You mean I'll need another bottle of Silvo? ImageImageImage

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 20, 2008, 3:12 pm

Careful IA, you've been rubbing most them trophies for so many years now, there wont be much left to rub soon. :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 25, 2009, 1:06 pm

Last nights results involving the English clubs....
Inter Milan 0 Manchester United 0......good draw for United,though they could have won it after dominating the first half.After the break Inter came much more into it so still everything to play for at Old Trafford in a couple of weeks time.
Arsenal 1 Roma 0.....Arsenal just shaded this through a Robin Van Persie penalty which makes for a very interesting second leg.
Chelsea and Liverpool in action tonight against Juventus and Real Madrid respectively,so good luck to them both.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » February 26, 2009, 4:41 am

Real Madrid 0 - Liverpool 1. At time of scoring, no Torres and no Gerrard. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 26, 2009, 8:41 am

Great win for Liverpool,I.A.
Also Chelsea 1 Juventus 0 so all our teams have a good chance of progressing going into the second leg.

Sporting Lisbon 0 Bayern Munich 5 !!! So,maybe,Chelsea are going to draw Bayern in the Quarter Finals after all,as per the recent Scolari video ! :D

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 26, 2009, 11:09 am

Irish Alan wrote:Real Madrid 0 - Liverpool 1. At time of scoring, no Torres and no Gerrard. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Well Alan, I have to say what a HUGE Surprise I Dont even think you would have forecast THAT Result ???

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » February 27, 2009, 12:09 am

I see the 6 Plus 5 rule has been deemed legal under EU laws.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/26022009/ ... legal.html

If this rule ever comes law it could be the end of English clubs dominating Europe. Personally I don't have too much of a problem with it, but would prefer 7 plus 4.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » March 11, 2009, 4:06 am

A very enjoyable game so far....pool 3 up(4 on agg), Gerrard x 2. =D>

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » March 11, 2009, 4:46 am

Liverpool 4 - Real Madrid 0. (Agg. 5-0). Liverpool didn't just win they destroyed Real. Testimony to their performance was Cassilas was Real's best player.

Congratulations to Chelsea. 2-2 draw against Juventus sees them through 3-2 on aggregate.

(Should have been 2-3 on the night, Buffon scraped the ball from behind the line.)

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 11, 2009, 12:29 pm

Congratulations to Liverpool & Chelsea - both jobs very well done against good opposition.. :D
Bayen slaughtered Sporting 12 -1 on aggregate -
Villarreal won through against Panathinakos after being held 1-1 by them at home...

Tonight...
Barcelona v Lyon, (agg 1-1) - would be surprised if Baca do not go through but Lyon can be a handful up front....
FC Porto v Atletico Madrid, (agg 2-2) - anyone's call though Porto must be happy with 2 away goals...would be nice to see a Portuguese side go through to next round..
Man Utd v Inter Milan, (agg 0-0) - United must regret not having scored in Milan after the way they played. The "Special One" will have no doubt learnt much from that.
Roma v Arsenal, (agg 0-1) - Depends which Arsenal turn up for this game. Saw a very young side play some nice football in FA cup but often this season the more experienced players have failed to impress. But the only one of these sides in the lead after round one so must be reasonably happy.

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » March 11, 2009, 3:29 pm

the reds destroyed madrid 4-0 with a world claas performance.
in this mood and with stevie g and torres back i can see us beating the mancs by two clear goals on saturday but to late to win the premership i think.

sean

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 11, 2009, 4:40 pm

souness wrote:the reds destroyed madrid 4-0 with a world claas performance.
in this mood and with stevie g and torres back i can see us beating the mancs by two clear goals on saturday but to late to win the premership i think.

sean
Sean, As much as it pains me to say it........Congratulations on a VERY Good victory :yikes: :yikes: :shock: :shock: Also same-same to My Plastic Irish friend... :-" :-"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 11, 2009, 4:53 pm

sean
Souness ..... Sounesss ...... Sounessss ..... tch tch tch.

Youve had over 12 hrs to sober up now........... put the "ROSE COLOURED SPECS" down, and return to reality.

A job well done by both Liverpool & Chelsea.
Let's hope the Mancs and Gooners can follow suit.

That should give Mon. Plattini something more to choke on :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 11, 2009, 4:59 pm

stattointhailand wrote:

sean

Youve had over 12 hrs to sober up now........... put the "ROSE COLOURED SPECS" down, and return to reality.

Oh Yes ! Statto won't HE ( Platini ) just love the Possibility of an ALL English Final for the 2nd season running........ :crying: :crying:

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » March 11, 2009, 8:02 pm

stattointhailand wrote:

sean

And worse for him he has to be at the front (row)... Nowhere for him to retreat to... :-"

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » March 11, 2009, 11:23 pm

747man wrote:Sean, As much as it pains me to say it........Congratulations on a VERY Good victory :yikes: :yikes: :shock: :shock: Also same-same to My Plastic Irish friend... :-" :-"
Correction... I am a plastic Scouser. So who are Everton playing in Europe this week? Oh yeah they were knocked out by Standard Liege... The team that Liverpool dumped out of Champion's League. Standard Liege of Belgium... Ah yes Belgium... The country that gave us... MMMmmm, Audey Hepburn and Jean Claude Van Damme.

Not to worry Everton fans can still get into Europe... There are some great deals to Ibiza on Ceefax... :-"

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » March 12, 2009, 5:27 am

No surprises at Old Trafford as Man Utd brush aside Inter Milan 2-0 with goals from Vidic and Klistiano Lonaldooohnakap... :mrgreen:

Great result for the Gooners in Rome as they go through on penalties.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 12, 2009, 5:37 am

Irish Alan wrote:
747man wrote:Sean, As much as it pains me to say it........Congratulations on a VERY Good victory :yikes: :yikes: :shock: :shock: Also same-same to My Plastic Irish friend... :-" :-"
Correction... I am a plastic Scouser. So who are Everton playing in Europe this week? Oh yeah they were knocked out by Standard Liege... The team that Liverpool dumped out of Champion's League. Standard Liege of Belgium... Ah yes Belgium... The country that gave us... MMMmmm, Audey Hepburn and Jean Claude Van Damme.

Not to worry Everton fans can still get into Europe... There are some great deals to Ibiza on Ceefax... :-"
Dont Rate Ibiza,FULL of :drunk: :drunk: Lager louts,& Falangs :roll: :roll: :wave: :wave:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 12, 2009, 10:02 am

A great couple of nights for the English teams in Europe with all four progressing to the Quarter Final stages.
Despite Vidic's early goal United rode their luck at times and Inter had several good chances including hitting the bar and post,but thats a sign of a good team grinding out the results whilst not playing well.
Arsenal went through on penalties after conceding in the first ten minutes in Rome.

So four English,two Spanish,one Portugese and one German team left in the competition.
I think the English teams will want to avoid Barcelona and will be hoping to play either Porto or Villareal.
You might get another Chelsea v Liverpool tie,as it seems to happen every season,but after that Scolari/Hitler video I've a feeling Chelsea are going to get Bayern Munich....tough but winnable,I think Galee ? :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 12, 2009, 10:49 am

I watched the United game live last night - so excuse any typos today... :D
First time I had seen Inter this season (only saw highlights of the 1st. leg). Frankly I was disappointed, for the first 20 minutes I thought I was watching an old re-run of a United v Wimbledon game. :D
United were poor & Inter can complain about missed chance, but, frankly they (Inter) didn't deserve to win a throw in with this display....Disappointing game to watch - especially after staying up till 3 a.m. to do so - but, obviously, delighted with the result.
Congratulations to Arsenal as well, 4 English sides in the last 8 again???? I can see a rule change coming on by FIFA... :D :D
Agree Zidane Barca the side to avoid & Porto the side all 4 Premiership sides will want.... :D :D :D

Return to “World Sports”