Fantasy Football

General sports news and discussions.
Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Re: Fantasy Football

Post by Irish Alan » May 11, 2009, 4:27 am

Alonso and my captain didn't play... What is 0 X 2? :censored: :censored: :censored: :evil: :evil: :evil:

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » May 11, 2009, 4:22 pm

oh wot a disaster for me.kept my faith in carragher,kuyt and torres.should have replaced kuyt with stevie g but kuyt had scored the last two games.kept lampard as captain instead of bringing ronaldo back.i bring in rooney and hes only a sub.
mr monkey has three mancs,vidic ronaldo and rooney plus stevie g. so has gained a lot of points.its gonna go down to the last week now for sure.good for the competition i guess but ill be hacked off if i lose it now after being top since the end of november.but well done mr monkey for taking a gamble which has come off.
my only hope for this week now is if a guy called lee cattermole from wigan scores a hat trick against the mancs on wednesday! ha ha !

sean

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 11, 2009, 5:13 pm

But i have made transfers where as you have not done that many...but i think i have made some of the points up what i have lost some duff moves from me too, learn't a lot though,Vidic was a last minute one, will only use my 'free' ones for next couple of weeks. Sure Rooney will start on wednesday, hope ronaldoo won't end up on the bench after his hissy fit, and sure Vids is starting as he is mighty in defence and thats what Man U need for this next match....don't see wigan doing diddly squat though as they are pants....figuroa would have been history a while ago if i was banking on defenders for points...But Baines was the bargain of the season...still not sure on Torres would like too but not sure...yeah think i might..or have a go with Kuyt for the last two, and happy that i ditched Lampstand to free some cash up, but he has been superb..(well not for the last 2.. :( ) and happy with dumping flu laden arsehaven...only wished i got him a few weeks sooner..but did swap for 1 point rooney.. #-o c'mon Rooney...!!!!!!!!
Great Fun.
I personally think you will still claim the title

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 12, 2009, 8:56 pm

Check out 'most valuable teams' (in team finances in FF)......highest value 120 million...!!! He made 291 transfers and has got 22 million in the bank and 99 million on the pitch... But bugger all points.. :lol:

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » May 12, 2009, 10:11 pm

My wild card didn't help much :roll:, should have left Stevie G as captain but still there's hope Rooney has a blinder tomorrow night. Aluminum didn't play for the Arses so that cost me #-o Guess its just back to the ol drawing board and do my lines. "Must try harder next season" 100 times.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 12, 2009, 11:12 pm

Yeah Alimunia is out injured Roy, and i like the two Wigam defenders..maybe they might both score tommorrow.. :lol: and 'pele' is not THE Pele....although could be as he hasn't played all season too. ;)
But you was the only one to get a green arrow out of the group, so not all bad.

Roy
udonmap.com

Post by Roy » May 14, 2009, 11:42 am

Not such a bad week after all. BM keeps up the pressure on Souness and even Ralph scored well :yikes:
So thats 290 to make up over 2 games to take the title, I am sure I can do it.
Well it is called Fantasy football :roll:

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » May 14, 2009, 11:48 am

Roy wrote: So thats 290 to make up over 2 games to take the title
Oooooooooo. Stop messing about! :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 14, 2009, 3:26 pm

well Rooney was a waste of space.

2 games till its over for a few months, will be nice to have a break anyway.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 14, 2009, 5:49 pm

Back in Udon after 3 weeks away I see I'm clinging to 4th spot courtesy of a score of 84 towards the end of April....two poor scores since then,though.
A good weekend for Beer Monkey.If he can do as well the last two weeks we may yet see an exciting finish for the title.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 20, 2009, 9:13 am

Top score of 73 this week from Beer Monkey who has made significant inroads into souness' lead in the last two weeks.Just 33 points the difference now.If BM gets a similar score this week then souness will have to get 40+ to win the title so who knows ?
Also good scores for Ralph,Irish Alan and myself 8) Wow,I'm in the dizzy heights of 3rd now but I'm sure Galee will be trying to ensure this lofty position is only temporary. :D
So on the last weekend still a battle for the title,very close for 3rd spot and not many points difference between a respectable 8th and what would be a disappointing 11th.
Dont know about you guys but I'll miss it for the next 3 months ??

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 20, 2009, 9:26 am

It has been a fun exercise for certain Zidane. However one that I feel I have learnt nothing from :D :D I am more than happy to finish mid table but wish I had some sort of plan to push for the title next year. Sadly that is not the case.
I have managed to have a firm defence, robust mid-field who have sometimes excelled & sometimes turned up, but failed dismally "up front". I have not managed to sign a decent striker all season. The 'obvious' candidates were always outside my cash level :(
I even tried to field a side that contained no strikers (a 4,6 or 5,5 formation) as I knew this would get my side maximum points. Sadly not allowed by the rules..
I will put more thought into the initial team selection next year & trust to even more luck :D :D :D

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » May 20, 2009, 10:17 am

Yeah, on the whole its been good fun, if not frustrating. For my first year it's been a bit of a steep learning curve. I need to cut down on my compulsive 2 or 3 transfers a week, which must have cost me about 100pts, plus I need just a little bit more luck with my captains choice. Will be gunning for Zidane and 3rd place again this week. Surely Keane and DeFoe both can't score again this week??

Next year I will be playing with the BIG boys on http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/

I found this site a few months ago. Gave some good tips, but you still have to guess which tips to go for. Something I didn't quite get right. Their league is No1 in the world, so I don't expect to be in the top 200. At the moment the site is a little bit "tired". The guy who runs it has been moving home in the UK and time and internet probs mean it's not updated as regularly as it was a month ago. The forum is a good read if you have plenty of spare time, although, like all forums, you do get your fair share of idiots. There is also a link to a site which shows if a players value is going to go up or down. I'm hoping it will help with info to get a good start in next years league.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 20, 2009, 11:09 am

Galee wrote: Will be gunning for Zidane and 3rd place again this week. Surely Keane and DeFoe both can't score again this week??
Not just Keane and Defoe but Kuyt,as well, and even a Bolton defender called Steinsson was on target :shock:
Thats a months goalscoring for my team in just a week !
Normally when I get a high score,the next week I get about 25 points so lets hope it doesnt follow this pattern.....but I doubt if Ronaldo will be playing this week.
But Galee,SURELY you will want Keane and Defoe to be amongst the goals this weekend because it will spell defeat for Liverpool and quite likely 2nd spot in the Premiership for Chelsea !
And,after all,its the real game that counts isnt it ?.....isnt it ? :D [-X

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » May 20, 2009, 12:01 pm

Kuyt. :evil: I dumped him last week for Lampard who I made Capatain. Another inspired unnecessary transfer.

Can't see Chelsea making up the 5 goals difference. My ideal result is a 1-0 win for Spurs, Carragher scoring an own goal and Chelsea winning 6-0. :D :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 20, 2009, 4:06 pm

Yes transfers have cost me around 90 points....but most have worked out earning me points back, certainly a few regrets......Getting Robinho in twice and not getting points, Drafting Rooney in for the double and getting less than minimal points....even getting giraffe neck white teef Ronaldo (who i never really wanted)...he don't really do much apart from fall over..but is up for the golden boot so hopefully he is playing last game with Hull..(little chance of it though)...dumping kyut as he did nothing for me, but i should of held out......not getting arsehaven sooner...putting Beattie on the bench last week, Not getting Chris Brunt Sooner...missed the boat again, getting VDS in and him not playing any games..getting Zaki in for the second time and him doing FA.
Should of dumped Bolton players weeks ago but didn't........should of dumped Figs weeks ago..but didn't.

Getting in Cisse....

Dumping Murphy when it should have been a Bolton Player.. #-o

Missing out on Cahill..getting him in and he did nothing..then getting him out.. :confused:

If only Jimmy Bullard didn't get injured (a week after i signed him) i am sure Hull wouldn't be fighting to stay in prem,...and he would be a good point scorer....

Bargains of the season : Baines, Schwarzer.

Reliable of the season.. Frankie Lampstand..(although not so hot last few weeks, luckily i transfered him out at the right Mo) And Stevie Gerrard ...he da man..!! Vidic has been a decent scorer of points, and he has been in twice but now benched....

No regrets: Torres, Outting Lampard, Dumping Berbatov.

Me Transfer done already this week, with Man U on the bench.. :( at the moment.

Didn't really know too much when i started this FF league and looked up to Galee for ideas as i knew he was the football man, but followed lots of sites for hours and picked up lots of tips and ideas/knowledge.
Mostly luck on the day of course.

Been great, looking forward to next one, hope you are running it again Galee, i am sure you will be.
And See you in the FFS galee.. ;) (what about secrets league.?.i only joined that late..as didn't see it.. #-o ).
Thanks.

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » May 20, 2009, 7:26 pm

well just one more week to go.mr monkey gained more points on me again last week to set up an interesting finish so its squeaky bum time here in kirkby! ha ha!
if mr monkey does win it he deserves it as i was nearly 100 points clear a couple of months ago.
my recent indiffirent form started when stevie g got injured.replaced him with kuyt whose done ok but in the last few weeks lampard and my 3 strikers have been very mediocrety.
id like stevie g back but have 3 pool players already.also could do with transferring rooney and lampard out but thats gonna cost me points.ironic if i were to do that and mr monkey wins the league by 5 points!so desicions desicons! ha ha!
well done this week again to mr monkey,irish allan,ralph,zidane and ronald for good scores.
for this last week id like to wish mr monkey good luck whatevor the outcome.

sean

oh remember my prediction a few weeks back...mancs 1 liverpool 3....which caused a bit of a stir.as its the last week and doesnt mean much to the reds,mancs and chelski heres some final predictions.....so relax irish allan!

liverpool 3 spurs 1
sunderland 0 chelsea 3
villa 0 newcastle 1
hull 2 mancs 1

draw your own conclusions.ha ha!

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 20, 2009, 7:43 pm

Hull winning..Mmmm not impossible with the predicted side that fergie may put out...sure some big guns will be on the bench to rescue the situation if it got out of hand.

Will go with Pool at 3-1.

And Chelsea winning, and Newcastle also(maybe a draw), but Big John Carew is on Form..!!!

Will be a tough point scoring week..what with some getting rested.

Squeaky bum time in kirby....!!...if we had 2 more games i would agree, but this is the last chance saloon i am trying to do without an extra transfer too, so i wouldn't let ya Bum Squeak too much Sean.. ;)

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » May 23, 2009, 11:11 am

So, from my calculations Zidane has given Cr7 the boot and bought in Gerrard or Lampard. If I'm going to get the No3 spot back do I captain Gerrard or Lampard??? Decisions, decisions, my head hurts. :D

Roy
udonmap.com

Post by Roy » May 23, 2009, 12:06 pm

Transferred all my Man U players and a couple more so I'm 8 points down already but drastic measures were called for if I am to obtain the lofty heights of 8th position :roll:
Hmmm cost me 8 points trying to get 8th in the table, coincidence? :-k
:ugly:

Return to “World Sports”