Any wwe fans out there?.stokiebaz 8)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 24, 2008, 4:40 pm

Prefered PROPER wrestling ......... Jackie Pallo, Mick McManus, The Royals etc

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » June 24, 2008, 5:56 pm

That was not "proper wrestling" either (Your showing your age now!)All a show but still clever!I have seen Mc Manus beat ---- out of an opponant.Later having a laugh and joke with him in a pub nearbye
But good old days eh?Jackie pallo not with us now. But Mick is still around .Live Herne bay UK

stokiebaz
udonmap.com

WRESTLING

Post by stokiebaz » June 25, 2008, 4:26 pm

i remember the old ones aswell,royal brothers,adrian street etc,wwe is more like a soap and is classed as sports entertainment rather than wrestling,great if you don,t take it too seriously..stokiebaz.. :D

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » June 25, 2008, 6:34 pm

Remember Adrian Street and Bobby Barnes as the tag team, the Hells Angels?
They would prance and mince around the ring before the bout, I'd watch it with my Grandmother who would get all worked up. My Nan would shout out "Bloody Poofs". Very funny looking back now.
Used to be on ITV on a Saturday afternoon before the classified results.

Kendo Nagasaki was my favourite, everyone tried to get his mask off.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 25, 2008, 6:46 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Prefered PROPER wrestling ......... Jackie Pallo, Mick McManus, The Royals etc
you sound like my old nan from Edmonton n/London, god rest her,thats what i remember about her plus the Saturdays spent in her back room with Dickie Davis on The World of Sport at lunch times, yeah Kendo was Da Man prenders...very mysterious character when you are a young lad, then it was Results and a home cooked Meat and potato pie...same same every visit. lol
don't recall the royals though.

and Kendo is still going.
prenders88 wrote:Used to be on ITV on a Saturday afternoon before the classified results.

Kendo Nagasaki was my favourite, everyone tried to get his mask off.
My nan and Mum used to mention a character called "Sky High Ali" i think it was.

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » June 25, 2008, 7:10 pm

beer monkey wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:Prefered PROPER wrestling ......... Jackie Pallo, Mick McManus, The Royals etc
you sound like my old nan from Edmonton n/London, god rest her,thats what i remember about her plus the Saturdays spent in her back room with Dickie Davis on The World of Sport at lunch times, yeah Kendo was Da Man prenders...very mysterious character when you are a young lad, then it was Results and a home cooked Meat and potato pie...same same every visit. lol
don't recall the royals though.
Sweet memories..I used to be sent up to a small village in Suffolk called Yoxford when I was a young lad during the school hols (parents too busy working so offloaded onto Gran :D )
She was the same....Loved her wrestling... especialy ol' Mick McManus!...I can still picture her now shouting at the TV to warn him what was going to happen, bit like a pantomine for fossils :lol: ... The Royals? Yep I remember them they always wore grey trunks (so did every other fu##er cos it was in Black and White!)

Here's a couple of nostalgic pics :shock:

Mick McManus

and Jackie Pallo

and just for BM...The legendary Kendo Nagasaki trying to strangle Giant Haystacks by the look of it =D>

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » June 25, 2008, 7:18 pm

Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy!

Fine figures of British sporting excellence :lol:
Free the Doug 1

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 25, 2008, 7:24 pm

be honest wit cha..i used to hate the wrestling really, Kendo was worth a watch though....but there was only 2 or 3 channels in them olden days, and Ye Olde Worlde of Sporticus was all we got on Saturday afternoons..either that or smuggle a couple of woodbines from my Grandad and try to smoke them up the road a bit and give up after one puff. lol

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » June 25, 2008, 7:27 pm

Don't forget Pat Roach (who went on to make a tidy career for himself in TV & movies) and Les Kellett who was probably the most humorous one to watch....

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » June 25, 2008, 7:45 pm

Love this thread as Panick said, brings back sweet memories of more innocent days. Watching my Nan's reaction to the action on screen was all part of the fun. Now the kids steal to buy Crystal Meth, and then beat up someone's Grandmother for fun, on a Saturday afternoon.

I remember Les Kellet a fine wrestler, whose mop of curly hair would always fall in his face.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » June 25, 2008, 7:55 pm

Do you remenber George Kid?He would hold out his hand,and the opponant would grasp it and he would twist it round to his favour!
Brilliant stuff.So good memories!

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 25, 2008, 8:19 pm

I use the term 'Mick McManus' today to describe someone i see on the beach when they are wearing the larger sized swimming trunks..."errr see that geezer over there wearing the Mick McManus's"...lol sniggger sniggerrrr.

Yeah Pat Roach (bomber) R.I.P
Can You Dig It Dug.?

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 25, 2008, 8:33 pm

In this vid Our Hero Kendo gets his mask ripped off, its right at the end, and check out the face expressions and 'moves'...the commentator sounds familiar from years back too.
over 8 minutes long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0rsQX2q1no

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-0rsQX2q1no&hl ... ram><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-0rsQX2q1no&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

World of sport Opening scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2swE8NTlI6c

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2swE8NTlI6c&hl ... ram><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2swE8NTlI6c&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » June 25, 2008, 8:48 pm

I can just imagine what my old nan from Battersea would have been shouting at the screen during that match BM regarding the gentleman of colour :oops:
Free the Doug 1

Flashman
udonmap.com

Post by Flashman » June 25, 2008, 8:53 pm

Rocco gets a public warning LOL!!

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 25, 2008, 9:22 pm

Roy wrote:I can just imagine what my old nan from Battersea would have been shouting at the screen during that match BM regarding the gentleman of colour :oops:
yeah i know what you mean Roy my Nan was like that, and my Grandad was worse, and he was italian..lol

stokiebaz
udonmap.com

Post by stokiebaz » June 26, 2008, 4:21 pm

the royals were vic faulkner and bert royal.saw an old episode of world of sport yesterday with les kellet.great stuff..stokiebaz.. 8)

Return to “World Sports”