udonmap.com

US/Canadian Hockey madness

Post by BKKSTAN » May 4, 2008, 11:26 am

OK LA you can get your Flyers hat out,they eliminated Montreal :lol:

stoneman
udonmap.com

Re: Hockey madness

Post by stoneman » May 4, 2008, 11:59 am

BKKSTAN wrote:OK LA you can get your Flyers hat out,they eliminated Montreal :lol:
Stan..One more win over the Sharks is all we need..Dallas is still there

Stoneman

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » May 4, 2008, 12:34 pm

Another hockey thread? Cool. 8)

Congrats, Fly Fan.

Dallas over the Red Wings doesn't compute but been wrong before. Looks more and more like a Pittsburgh Penguins vs Detroit Red Wings matchup for Lord Stanley's Cup. How about it, Tilokarat?

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Re: Hockey madness

Post by BKKSTAN » May 4, 2008, 12:56 pm

stoneman wrote:
BKKSTAN wrote:OK LA you can get your Flyers hat out,they eliminated Montreal :lol:
Stan..One more win over the Sharks is all we need..Dallas is still there

Stoneman
:lol: I was just ragging LA,who is probably receiving some ''nursing care'' after the NM last night!

Actually,the Sharks are my hometown team ,although I don't really follow hockey!

I wish all you fans well!I have enough on my plate with the Warriors,A's and the 49ers!Plus now I am a big Man Utd.fan too! :lol:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 5, 2008, 1:40 am

It sure would be nice to see Detroit destroy one of those Pennsylvania teams. I never took Pittsburgh very seriously, but they can play both offence and defence well.

Look for the Red Wings to sweep...4 straight victories that is.

Gordie Howe was in the news the other day for giving a 12-year old crippled kid an elbow to the head. The photo shoot was part of a hospital charity function. Mr. Howe is a softy off skates.

I can't upload the photo here, but it is in the Toronto Star, 29 April 2008, Mr. Hockey's Neighbourhood.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » May 5, 2008, 11:56 am

Thanks for the tip on the picture, Tilokarat. It's great. Mr Hockey, 80 years old, and still throwing elbows...... :lol:

Here's my favorite. Gordie Howe with a 12 year old Wayne Gretzky, who idolized the man. Two of the greatest hockey players ever. Howe has always been a real gentleman off of the ice but not one to mess with once he laced them up......

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 5, 2008, 12:37 pm

nice hockey hall of fame museum in toronto, think the official one. me and brother did toronto one time, museum being the main reason, nice place, even caught a phillies game there, and yes, they lost. had a puck shooting machine for those brave enough to play goalie, my brother did quite well, though he plays and coaches hockey, me, no thanks, i enjoy my teeth.

lookes like PA will fight it out, then to the cup. might break that hat out afterall. nice turn around for the flyers, since trying to self destruct in end of regular season.

red wing/flyers would be nice. if flyers can make the next series, a young ambitious team to beat. best of luck to all.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » May 5, 2008, 1:25 pm

Keeping an eye on the San Jose-Dallas game. They're into the FOURTH overtime period. That's the equivalent of more than two full games played, so far. There's gonna be some tired skaters on the ice for their next matchup (against Detroit).

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 5, 2008, 1:57 pm

wow, 4 OT, looks like stars/redwings, and some team from PA.

me jumping on the bandwagon should be enough to jinx the flyers.

ok, since i might not be handsome enough for some, that is a really nice strawberry on the desktop, her friend doing a morning stretch ain't bad either, hmm, strawberry avator, have to work on it. 8) hmm, for some reasone, won't show up as avator, just black square, oh well.

mackayae
udonmap.com

Post by mackayae » May 10, 2008, 7:19 am

Penguins and Flyers.
The battle of the Keystone State (Virtue, Liberty and Independence).
Hockey's version of the Turnpike series.
Let the fight begin.

mackayae
udonmap.com

Post by mackayae » May 24, 2008, 1:40 pm

Bring on the octopi.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » May 24, 2008, 8:47 pm

Pens fan, eh? Cool. $10,000 fine or not, there will be some octopi flying onto the ice. :lol:

Downloading any of the games? If it wasn't for nhltorrents.com, I would be going crazy over not being able to watch the playoffs.

mackayae
udonmap.com

Post by mackayae » May 25, 2008, 7:19 am

Just waiting to see "who's the man" who throws out the first octopus.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 25, 2008, 9:23 am

Not only do the Red Wings do a number on the Pittsburgh offence, but Kaline, Cash, Cobb, Torgeson, Boone, Freehan Gehringer, Gibson, Parrish et al have a field day as the Tigers crush the Twinkies 19-3.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » May 25, 2008, 12:31 pm

Was able to get a good connection and watch the game live. :D Wizard of Oz is holding his own and team is looking good right now. Earl Torgeson? That's one I haven't heard in a while. Bespectacled first baseman who could hit. Another Earl (Wilson) could crush them, too. Wish they could spread some of those runs over a few games. Both teams are running on all pistons. :roll:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 26, 2008, 12:07 am

Charlie Maxwell was another good first baseman from that era called Charlie 'Sunday' because he used to hit a lot of home runs on Sundays when they had doubleheaders at Briggs Stadium.

Bill Tuttle was in centre field, but I cannot remember who was in left, maybe Maxwell because he could play out there. Frank House was one of two catchers (this is the mid to late fifties by the way), second might have been Frank Bolling, third was Boone and at shortstop was...no not Roy Oyler...I loom (forget). Fernandez at short...I can't remember. Harvey Kuenn, yes, he hit tons of doubles but they traded him to some team...perhaps San Francisco. Kuenn used to hit over .300 most of the time but did not walk very often.

Earl Wilson was a great hitter and a very good pitcher too. The starting pitching was steady with Frank Lary, Jim Bunning, Hank Aguirre and Paul Foytack. Wilson came to Detroit in the late 50s or early 60s. The problem was relief pitching...Pete Burnside, later Aguirre went out to the bullpen. Oh, I forgot Billy Hoeft, a good lefty who was sent to Baltimore around 1959 or 1960. I think Torgeson and Maxwell ended up with the White Sox in exchange for Stormin' Norman Cash and his corked bat.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » May 26, 2008, 11:57 am

Tilokarat, you have quite a memory of the Tigers of Olde. Paw Paw Maxwell hitting those HRs on Sundays, yep, I can remember that and he played left field. Kuenn was traded to Cleveland for Rocky Colavito around 1960, I think. A singles hitter for a home run guy. Colavito held down LF for a few years and can remember what a gun of an arm that guy had. Remember in last part of his career he was even used as a reliever a few times by the Yankees.

Frank House and Red Wilson were the catchers. Tigers picked up Don Mossi from Cleveland for relief help but remember he started some games, also.

Norm Cash, RIP. Always seemed to have fun out there.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 26, 2008, 2:51 pm

What's that got to do with "HOCKEY MADNESS" ??????

Now THAT"S hockey madness :lol: :lol: :lol:

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » May 26, 2008, 9:51 pm

Your pic must be field hockey madness, a girl's sport. :lol:

Here's the real thing:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 26, 2008, 10:32 pm

i don't see any Flyer jerseys. Go RED WINGS. 8)

Return to “World Sports”