US/Canadian Hockey madness

General sports news and discussions.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 27, 2008, 9:16 am

Noooooooooooo ........

This IS PROPER HOCKEY.

Great Britain Ice Hockey fans at a tournament in Kiev Ukraine. 8)

Oh, and our coach was Chris McSorley. Rumour was that he used to hit the guys on the head with his stick if they didn't get the play right (a trick he learned from Marty no doubt!!)

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » May 27, 2008, 11:40 am

After further review of the pic, yeah, can see hockey jerseys and blood lust on faces of the fans so has to be a hockey crowd. Ice hockey is always cool! 8) Hope your team did well.

Marty McSorley, enforcer and bodyguard for the Great One, Wayne Gretzky. Younger bro Chris sounds like cut from same mold. :D

I download replay games from nhltorrents.com, a UK based site. Lots of NHL and international games available. Actually enjoy watching international play with wider and longer rinks. A lot more skill required which is probably why the Swedes, Russians and Czechs are so good at it but Canada still rules!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 27, 2008, 2:14 pm

At the moment, the ONLY one that RULES is CHRIS OSGOOD :badteeth:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 27, 2008, 3:28 pm

i see the red wings are getting the job done rather quickly. not very generous with the net. being swept is one thing, but shut out, think that would be a first.

see how they can do on the road. :D

Jojje
udonmap.com

Post by Jojje » May 31, 2008, 1:53 pm

I think if Detroit wins Stanley Cup the should rename the club to Detroit Swedish Wings, since half of the team already is swedish and already has signed two more swedish players for next season (one goalie and a powerforward)

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » May 31, 2008, 9:08 pm

I'm with you on that one, Jojje. Keep sending players like Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, Kronwall and Franzen to Detroit, please. :D

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » June 4, 2008, 11:02 pm

wow, turning into a nice series, and did someone mention swedes, flash back to when they were not a profession team.

yea i get around a bit. niece w/swede hubby, shame the players couldn't pull of a win in the olymics back a few when playing them danm yanks. oh well. went for a visit and pick that hat up when they were still minor league as they say in states, but have come a long way and quite the contenters now.

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » June 5, 2008, 9:50 am

Well the Red Wings took the Stanley Cup.....so I guess they the Detroit Swedish Wings now eh????

Pop's :pirate:

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » June 5, 2008, 11:36 am

Detroit Swedish Red Wings? That's cool but also call them THE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF HOCKEY!!! Nicklas Lidstrom, captain of the team, and MVP Henrik Zetterberg both played out of this world.

Image Image Image Image

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » June 5, 2008, 1:01 pm

a fine job, if not philly, glad it was the Red Wings. :guiness:

lived there for 1/2 yr, does that make me a resident fan. well now i can name 2 players. :shock:

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 8, 2008, 12:45 pm

polehawk wrote:Detroit Swedish Red Wings? That's cool but also call them THE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF HOCKEY!!! Nicklas Lidstrom, captain of the team, and MVP Henrik Zetterberg both played out of this world.

Image Image Image Image
Hold it !!! I said Hoooooooooold it a cotton pickin' minute!!! [-X [-X [-X Just because they won the "Lord Stanley" (British) Cup, made in London, doesn't give them the right to be "WORLD" Champions. After all they have so far only beaten North American and Canadian opposition. When they have played and beaten the best teams in the rest of the world, then (and only then) can they be World TEAM Champions........ The World Champs are for Internationals if you remember :lol: . Assuming that they did get to play the best in Europe, they would, I have no doubt, spend so much time taking 5 & 10 min "majors", that they would be beaten out of sight. :badteeth: :badteeth: :freak: :ugly:

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » June 8, 2008, 9:14 pm

Mostly European players on the Red Wings but you make a valid point. They probably would have a tough matchup with a few of the national teams with players who have played together as a cohesive unit for several years but the Detroit Red Wings with their international mix of skilled players at every position would, no doubt, prevail in any contest. Let's hear it for the World Champs!! =D>

The players are allowed to travel to their hometowns with Lord Stanley's Cup during the off-season so it will be seen in Sweden, Finland, Czechoslavakia, Russia, Canada and the US over the next few months. Make your travel reservations early, stat. :lol:

Seriously, the Pittsburgh Penguins gave Detroit all they could handle and have a core of young, gifted players in Crosby, Malkin and Fleury who will be back to win the Stanley Cup.

Return to “World Sports”