Eriksson to be sacked by Man City. (English Football)

General sports news and discussions.
beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 15, 2008, 4:43 am

Irish Alan wrote:Thailand all-stars? That would be Tata Young and?
McDang (the chef) + Tongchai Bird..(Sabai-Sabai) =D>

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » May 16, 2008, 1:15 pm

Daily Express wrote: Tycoon Thaksin Shinawatra has put Manchester City’s entire squad up for sale in the latest twist to his bizarre behaviour.

Thai billionaire Shinawatra, who is already set to sack manager Sven-Goran Eriksson, is apparently so disgusted with the team’s performances in the second half of the season that he wants a massive clear-out, including young stars such as Micah Richards, Michael Johnson and Joe Hart.

The news of the impending fire sale throws City even deeper into turmoil and will further antagonise fans, who staged a mass demonstration against Shinawatra last week.

They are threatening to withhold money for season tickets until it becomes clear who the manager will be next season and what players will be on the pitch. It also underlines the belief of many City insiders that Shinawatra does not understand football.

City’s owner, it is understood, has written a letter to each member of the team conveying his feelings.

He has put all contract talks on hold and wants to start next season from scratch with a new

manager and new players. All this has prompted deputy chairman John Wardle, who is distraught at the crisis, to apologise to the players for selling the club to Shinawatra.

But the damage has been done and many players will be delighted to jump ship and relaunch their careers at a club with a less volatile owner.

Skipper Richard Dunne is expected to join Newcastle for £5million. The poor treatment of Eriksson was the final straw for Dunne, City’s Player of the Season. Richards is also unhappy.

He signed a new four-year contract in February because he was sure the club were going in the right direction. But Manchester United and Chelsea have now been alerted.

Johnson is a target for Liverpool, and goalkeeper Hart is being pursued by Tottenham, who also covet Martin Petrov, City’s Bulgarian winger.

Sunderland have been eyeing Stephen Ireland and there would be no shortage of bids for Elano.

Morale was so low that City lost Sunday’s final league game 8-1 against Middlesbrough.
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/44612/Firing-squad

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 16, 2008, 4:31 pm

did anyone see that game? thier heart deffinately wasnt in it and it showed. i hope they do all move, who could blame them, when the allaged owner( has he paid all the money yet or is it still frozen in thailand) acts like a spoilt brat and throws his toys out of the pram. im loving it taksin is loosing all credability even here in thailand, where your average football supporter seems better educated that thier disgraced ex leader, you can see why we had a military coup, in the nick of time by the looks of it, the mans barking mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » May 16, 2008, 4:40 pm

Unbelievable!!!!!!

Makes me worry what will Abramovich do when he grows tired of his toy at Chelsea.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 16, 2008, 4:44 pm

saint wrote:did anyone see that game? thier heart deffinately wasnt in it and it showed. i hope they do all move, who could blame them, when the allaged owner( has he paid all the money yet or is it still frozen in thailand) acts like a spoilt brat and throws his toys out of the pram. im loving it taksin is loosing all credability even here in thailand, where your average football supporter seems better educated that thier disgraced ex leader, you can see why we had a military coup, in the nick of time by the looks of it, the mans barking mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: I stand in 100% agreement!

Thailand is so corrupt and the people are so apathetic,it doesn't make any difference,except to the middleclass and the opposition elite,who and how the gov't is run.The masses outside of Bangkok are both ignorant and apathetic about what happens,easily manipulated like little children with candy and toys!

Outside of Thailand,Thaksins idiocy,arrogance and greediness stands out to the educated world.I hope the Man City fan base puts the fire to his feet and he loses his ass just as he did in all his business attempts prior to joining and developing the gov't thiefs club! :evil:

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » May 16, 2008, 5:34 pm

Galee wrote:Unbelievable!!!!!!

Makes me worry what will Abramovich do when he grows tired of his toy at Chelsea.
Just looked into my crystal ball... He will appoint Ian Dowie as manager, buy Zenith St. Petersburg, and move back to mother Russia and bring all the best players with him.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 16, 2008, 8:43 pm

Khun Thaksin has denied that he's put up the entire squad for sale on BBC Sport.
Also City have threatened to sue over reports that chairman Wardle apologised to the players for having sold the club to Thaksin.
Thaksin says he's pleased with the progress made in the first season but no mention of Sven Goran Erikkson.
Must be weird for Erikkson bringing the team to Thailand knowing he's for the chop and losing the last game 8-1.
Wonder if he'll be sampling the delights of Walking Street tonight ? No doubt The Sun will keep us posted :lol:
And congrats to City who have qualified for the UEFA Cup next season (through the Fair Play League :roll: )......well done Sven,a season ahead of schedule !

Zidane
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 17, 2008, 4:11 am

i take my hat off to sven, he has shown total calm and collectivness through this whole fiasco, unlike thaksin. i didnt like him as the england manager much, mainly because in my view he wasnt animated enough, but he has gained my admiration by what he did for city and the way he has conducted himself since his dismisal. i know scandanavians are ice cool but that man is sub zero.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 17, 2008, 6:34 am

saint wrote:i take my hat off to sven, he has shown total calm and collectivness through this whole fiasco, unlike thaksin. i didnt like him as the england manager much, mainly because in my view he wasnt animated enough, but he has gained my admiration by what he did for city and the way he has conducted himself since his dismisal. i know scandanavians are ice cool but that man is sub zero.
:lol: I felt and feel the same way about Sven! =D>

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » May 17, 2008, 1:05 pm

They definitely will not be in next years list to break in to the top four of the league. :D

I reckon they have to be one of the favourites for relegation next year. If they do get relegated, I wonder what their caring, considerate owner will do then?

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 17, 2008, 1:17 pm

What a pleasure it would be to see such arrogance be relegated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 17, 2008, 3:07 pm

yes i would love to see thaksin get his long overdue kick in the teeth too, but its the fans i feel sorry for, there the silly b~stards who pay a lot of money every week to sit in a freezing stadium in the slight hope thier team, and probably thier fathers team before them will get a good result that week. they have lived in the shadow of united for so many years now mainly because united have always been better funded. if you live in manchester your either red or sky blue and as city is the only club actually in manchester a lot are sky blue. thaksin with his bullsh~t and his thai tax payers money not only gave them a glimmer of hope but promised them hope. they should boycott all games next season, but they wont because its thier club, has always been thier club, and will always be thier club, irrespective of whichever d~ckhead wants to play god with it.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » May 18, 2008, 11:03 pm

The Nation wrote:
Thaksin to City's rescue

source: The Nation May 17, 2008

Presence of owner revives interest in the Premiership club's visit to Kingdom

Manchester City had a first-hand experience of the club owner's popularity when the lack of interest surrounding their visit was wiped out by a pro-Thaksin Shinawatra wave yesterday.

City, the first foreign club to visit Thailand since 2005, had failed to fire the imagination of the public despite the connection with the country.

Even though the City are not a favourite in this football-crazy nation, few could have imagined the kind of reception they received, with just around eight supporters to welcome them, at the airport on Wednesday.

This lack of interest was a far cry from the attention showered on their league counterparts, Manchester United and Liverpool, during their tour to the country, which saw hundreds of fans scrambling to get close with their favourite stars wherever they went.

However, the listless atmosphere marring the City visit was not visible at the launch event of the club's first store in the country, on the second floor of Shinawatra Tower 3.
A chorus of "Thaksin Fight! Fight" greeted the former prime minister when he made his way into the building. Securitymen seemed to have a more difficult time clearing the way for Thaksin than the group of the City players led by manager Sven-Goran Eriksson.

Even with Thaksin seated, there were still scenes of chaos as people jostled to get a glimpse of him.

Thaksin appeared in good mood throughout the event and the sight of him chatting with Eriksson made for a good photo-op, given the speculation surrounding the Swede's future. In fact, Thaksin even expressed his satisfaction with the team's performance in their first season under Eriksson.

"I acknowledge that Eriksson did well in his first year with the club. He managed to haul the team from 14th place last year to ninth this season.

"We had been as high as fourth for a while but we then slipped down because some of the first-choice players suffered injuries," Thaksin said.

Return to “World Sports”