11/4 Barcelona
10/3 Man Utd
7/2 Chelsea
5/1 Arsenal
6/1 Liverpool
11/1 Roma
33/1 Schalke
40/1 Fenerbahce
Liverpool look a good bet at 6/1 given their form in the competition.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » March 17, 2008, 12:12 am

747man wrote:I.A.Told you BEFORE ......The Shi*e Just Google" Kopite
Okay did it and came up with this site: http://www.kopite.co.uk/

I really like the pic of Steven Gerrard on there holding the champions league trophy... To the Everton fans thats the big silver thing in his right hand.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 17, 2008, 12:34 pm

The Gooners ARE Waining !!!!

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » March 17, 2008, 1:14 pm

Tough loss last night 747.Maybe that didn't want to see Fulham slip into relegation :lol: :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 2, 2008, 10:09 am

AS Roma 0 Manchester United 2 (Ronaldo's 36th goal of the season and also one from Wayne Rooney).
Schalke 0 Barcelona 1.

Odds on a classic United v Barcelona semi-final now.

Good luck to our other three clubs playing tonight.
Arsenal v Liverpool.....too close to call.
Fenerbache 0 Chelsea 1(prediction)....Drogba scores after 2 minutes then,for some reason,the Fenerbache team,match spectators and TV viewers fall asleep.....zzzzzz :(

Zidane
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 3, 2008, 8:27 am

Well, first legs all over....

Roma 0 MU 2. I didn't think United played that well, but it was one hell of a result. United are certainly favourites to win through here.
Schalke 0 Barca 1. Good result for Barca who have been a bit off form in the Spanish league of late. Expect Barca to go through & meet MU in the semi but will not be easy for them.
Arsenal 1 Liverpool 1.....I guess advantage Liverpool, but I would be surprised if Arsenal do not manage to score at Anfield Still too tight to call I think & should be a great game to watch - especially if you don't support either of them!!
Fenerbache 2 Chelsea 1. Bit of a surprise, especially after the first half. Still expect Chelsea to win through as Fenerbache have saved their best performances for home. But could be a nervous night for Chelsea fans unless they score early on..

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 3, 2008, 9:11 am

Think Liverpool must be slight favourites with the match being at Anfield but remember what Arsenal did to AC Milan in the San Siro !
Chelsea,well a bit of a surprise.Fenerbache came from behind against them just like Spurs in the Carling Cup.
The good news for Chelsea fans is that their customary 1-0 home win will be enough to send them through on away goals :mad:
Despite this hiccup I would still back them to progress to the semis.

Zidane

Ba Bob
udonmap.com

Post by Ba Bob » April 6, 2008, 1:54 pm

Maybe Arsenal will rue this if they dont get through

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ruANhRQdUNk&hl ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ruANhRQdUNk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » April 9, 2008, 1:23 am

1:20am (Don't mind the clock on here trust me...): Waiting on the match... Running out of coffee... Already had 5 cans of Red Bull... I've got palpitations... :shock:

She's praying to Buddha... I'm a Catholic again.

C'mon de Pool... [-o<

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » April 9, 2008, 3:55 am

Seems the praying worked.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » April 9, 2008, 3:58 am

Ohhh and better get back down on the knees as a really BIG prayer session might just be needed in the next game..lol

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 9, 2008, 12:49 pm

Congratulations to Chelsea & Liverpool who have set up another epic clash which will,no doubt,be decided by a dubious penalty,own goal or contencious offside decision !
Commiserations to Arsenal.Its a shame after being top of the pile for so long that their season is falling away.They do play some excellent football.
I always support the British teams in Europe.(Arsenal against Barcelona,even Liverpool against AC Milan twice !)
But who to support in Chelsea v Liverpool ??
Its like trying to decide who is the more decent man......George W.Bush or Vladimir Putin ! :D
Maybe some of the more serious minded members could set that one up as a topic in the Open Forum,eh ! :lol:

Zidane

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 9, 2008, 1:10 pm

Yet another Chelsea-Liverpool Champions league semi-final.

Have a bad feeling in my water about the outcome. Liverpool have the luck of the Irish when it comes to Europe. No other team gets so many dubious refereeing decisions go their way in Europe than Liverpool.

I just hope Everton can keep the pressure on Liverpool for the 4th league position so that Liverpool have to play their best team in between the semi-finals, unlike last year when Liverpool were yet again out of title contention and fielded a team of reserves against Fulham and lost.

To make matters worse my gf is a Liverpool supporter. I've told her if Liverpool win, I'm looking for a new gf.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » April 9, 2008, 5:01 pm

The Arsenal-Liverpool game was a delight to watch.I don't have any gripes about the outcome,but the penalty shot by Gerrard should never been given!

But now Man Utd.has to beat Barca!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » April 9, 2008, 5:10 pm

didn't realise man u and barca were through yet stan. hope you are not the kiss of death :lol:
Watch Me!!

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » April 9, 2008, 8:28 pm

Galee wrote:Liverpool have the luck of the Irish when it comes to Europe. No other team gets so many dubious refereeing decisions go their way in Europe than Liverpool.
Oh come on you know that's not true... Where are the statisticians when you need them? I think Real Madrid have had 89.25% of the luck followed by Dynamo Kiev.
BKKSTAN wrote:I don't have any gripes about the outcome,but the penalty shot by Gerrard should never been given!
You must be joking... There are guys in prison for assaults lesser than the way Toure HAULED poor Babel down.

C'mon gentlemen or ladies... Try some sweet seedless grapes and keep off the sour ones... Bpriew mak mak! :D

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » April 10, 2008, 3:40 am

marjamlew wrote:didn't realise man u and barca were through yet stan. hope you are not the kiss of death :lol:
:lol: :lol: They are now !Both win 1-0!I am off to bed :lol: :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 10, 2008, 9:30 am

Yes,its all set for a classic United v Barcelona semi-final clash now. :D
A good win for United and I'm pleased they didnt concede a goal (after the wobbly defensive display against Middlesborough).......albeit due to De Rossi's dreadful penalty miss !
And just look who Ferguson left out.....Ronaldo,Rooney & Scholes plus Vidic & Evra not playing.
Two unexpected bonuses as well......the returns of Mikael Silvestre & Gary Neville.

I think both the semi finals will ensure a few late nights viewing later this month. :D

Zidane

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 10, 2008, 11:49 am

Congrats to all the English clubs getting through to the semis.

Think were have to make the most of it as that whinging Frenchman Platini would prefer to have teams from Andorra and San Marino playing instead of 4 English clubs.

On a personal note, I've made a bit of cock-up about the date of the Final. May 21st. Should Chelsea get through to the final I'll be 35,000feet up in the air on the way back to the UK when the finals being played. :(

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » April 10, 2008, 1:40 pm

Zidane wrote:A good win for United and I'm pleased they didnt concede a goal (after the wobbly defensive display against Middlesborough).......albeit due to De Rossi's dreadful penalty miss !

Return to “World Sports”