Premiership big guns prepare for Champions League

General sports news and discussions.
Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » March 12, 2008, 10:44 am

So Liverpool beath the champions of Italy in the San Siro and join the top 3 in the last 8... =D> =D> =D> That Rafael Beneathus guy isn't doing so bad eh? Wonder how the toffees will do against the team that finished 6th... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 13, 2008, 11:23 am

Bad night in the UEFA Cup for the english teams.......

Everton 2 Fiorentina 0 (but lose 4-2 in the penalty shoot out)
PSV Eindhoven 0 Tottenham 1 (but lose 6-5 in the penalty shoot out)

Bit of a choker that both our teams won well on the night,to overturn first leg deficits,but then are beaten in this fashion.
According to the reports Everton hammered Fiorentina and should have won by a bigger margin than two goals,so shouldnt have needed the penalty shoot out.

747man,commiserations.....now you have to concentrate on the 4th Champions League spot for next season.

Zidane
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

patriot
udonmap.com

Post by patriot » March 13, 2008, 11:33 am

Zidane ..... is the draw on Friday 14th for the last 8 Champions League?
PS This (4 out of 8 teams remaining) is a great advert for the standard of the EPL in europe.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 13, 2008, 11:40 am

patriot,
It certainly is......should be a very interesting draw.
Yes,you would think having 4 out of the 8 teams from the Premiership there is a great chance of one of our teams winning the trophy.
But remember last year.....the 4 semi finalists......Chelsea,Liverpool,Man Utd and AC MILAN !
And who ended up winning it :cry: :cry: :cry:
So cant count our chickens just yet !

Zidane

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 13, 2008, 12:21 pm

Zidane, Yeah thanks for your thoughts I read the reports and most of them say that it COULD have been 5-0 on the night,But it was'nt but it's a FARCICAL way to lose a game,I think so anyway......And for IA Bet your happy a Gobs**ite now aye ?? But maybe we "Lost " on penalties because OUR Goalkeeper did'nt dance around on his 6 yard line UNLIKE Dudek !!!!........Oh Well I suppose WE will have to settle for 4th Place NOW !! SH*T Happens...............

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » March 13, 2008, 2:33 pm

747man wrote:Zidane, Yeah thanks for your thoughts I read the reports and most of them say that it COULD have been 5-0 on the night,But it was'nt but it's a FARCICAL way to lose a game,
Yeah it's a farcical way when you lose.
747man wrote:And for IA Bet your happy a Gobs**ite now aye ??
Yes I'm happy a gobs**ite now aye...!
747man wrote:But maybe we "Lost " on penalties because OUR Goalkeeper did'nt dance around on his 6 yard line UNLIKE Dudek !!!!
No you lost because you didn't put the roundy thing in the net the same amount of times as the other team.

Yeah and Dudek was just copying Brucie (see below)... That was ONE of the OTHER times Liverpool were champions of Europe...:lol: :lol: :lol:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F2GyLdD1iwE&hl ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F2GyLdD1iwE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 13, 2008, 10:59 pm

Cheating BAST**DS YOU & I both know the RULES about standing on the GOAL LINE When facing a PENALTY.......The Goal line is NOT the 6 Yard line....Thats were Dudek strayed too on at least 2 of the pens......Anyway IA WHY do YOU support " The Shi*e " I mean YOU are NOT a Scouser ARE YOU ?? Why NOT Derry City OR Glentoran OR Another of your great Irish teams like Finn Harps....Mind you IA Iam a Cabbie in Liverpool and it's common knowledge whenever The Shi*e are playing at Ana*field WE NEVER hear a SCOUSE voice in the back,ONLY Irish,Cockneys / Southerners,or Scandanavian voices !!!!

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » March 13, 2008, 11:48 pm

747man wrote:Cheating BAST**DS YOU & I both know the RULES about standing on the GOAL LINE When facing a PENALTY.......The Goal line is NOT the 6 Yard line....Thats were Dudek strayed too on at least 2 of the pens......
Yeah I thought so too... Refs eh?
747man wrote:Anyway IA WHY do YOU support " The Shi*e "
Who?
747man wrote:I mean YOU are NOT a Scouser ARE YOU ??
No.
747man wrote:Why NOT Derry City OR Glentoran
Find me a Dubliner that supports either of them and I'll find you a hen with teeth.
747man wrote:OR Another of your great Irish teams like Finn Harps....
Too far away. 10 hour round trip? Nawww!
747man wrote:Mind you IA Iam a Cabbie in Liverpool and it's common knowledge whenever The Shi*e are playing at Ana*field WE NEVER hear a SCOUSE voice in the back,ONLY Irish,Cockneys / Southerners,or Scandanavian voices !!!!
We can't all be wrong then.

This is that cheat Dudek... I think an application should be made to UEFA to strip him of his champions league winners medal.

Exhibit A monsieur Platini:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7iPyak7fg8&hl ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7iPyak7fg8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » March 13, 2008, 11:52 pm

Irish Alan wrote:
747man wrote:Why NOT Derry City OR Glentoran
Find me a Dubliner that supports either of them and I'll find you a hen with teeth.
Found one with toof-ache on his way to the dentists. :lol:

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » March 14, 2008, 12:00 am

BM how to ---- did you find that in 4 minutes? :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway all we need now are the Dubs going over the border to watch 5hite football.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » March 14, 2008, 12:03 am

would of been under 2 but the ****** phone went.... :lol:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » March 14, 2008, 12:07 am

747man wrote:Mind you IA Iam a Cabbie in Liverpool and it's common knowledge whenever The Shi*e are playing at Ana*field WE NEVER hear a SCOUSE voice in the back,ONLY Irish,Cockneys / Southerners,or Scandanavian voices !!!!
You have to hand it to these guys... This is one hell of a trip to see the team from Liverpool that win f**k all...
=D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 14, 2008, 11:16 am

I.A Stop it Now,Your spouting the typical "Load of Boll*cks ! ! "

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 14, 2008, 11:22 am

I.A.Told you BEFORE ......The Shi*e Just Google" Kopite " and you WILL find reference to The Shi*e OR RS ( Red Shi*e ) :lol: :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 14, 2008, 9:54 pm

This is the Quarter Final draw.......

Arsenal v Liverpool
Manchester United v Roma
Chelsea v Fenerbache
Barcelona v Schalke

I think United,Chelsea & Barcelona will be satisfied with this draw.

Arsenal v Liverpool.....Benitez v Wenger,the two master tacticians in Europe should be quite a tie ! 8)

Zidane

handsome-Dane
udonmap.com

Post by handsome-Dane » March 14, 2008, 9:58 pm

Easy for Liverpool.. 8)

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 14, 2008, 10:28 pm

handsome-Dane wrote:Easy for Liverpool.. 8)
Naaahh, Me Thinks NOT !!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 14, 2008, 10:31 pm

Zidane wrote:This is the Quarter Final draw.......

Arsenal v Liverpool
Manchester United v Roma
Chelsea v Fenerbache
Barcelona v Schalke

I think United,Chelsea & Barcelona will be satisfied with this draw.

Arsenal v Liverpool.....Benitez v Wenger,the two master tacticians in Europe should be quite a tie ! 8)

Zidane
Hey Zidane, Did'nt Your LOT Beat Roma 7-1 Last Season...Umm ??

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 14, 2008, 11:04 pm

747man,you are quite right and at this stage of the competition as well !
United lost the first leg in Rome 2-1 then at Old Trafford,it was unbelievable,it looked like United would score every time they attacked !
Played them in the group stages this season,as well.....1-0 and 1-1 in Rome.
The quarter final this season should be a lot closer but I think United will prevail.
The way the draw pans out it could well be Barcelona in the semis,then one of Arsenal,Chelsea & Liverpool in the final.......sorted :D :D :D

Zidane

handsome-Dane
udonmap.com

Post by handsome-Dane » March 14, 2008, 11:26 pm

The final which will be held in Moscow, will hopefully be between United and Liverpool. :drunk:

Return to “World Sports”