Premiership big guns prepare for Champions League

General sports news and discussions.
polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » May 22, 2008, 11:14 am

Watched the replay on UBC this morning. What a tremendous game! The shootout was outstanding and suspenseful. Congrats to the Man Utd supporters and better luck next season to Chelsea fans. =D> =D>

Ron(aldo)

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 22, 2008, 11:19 am

polehawk wrote:Watched the replay on UBC this morning. What a tremendous game! The shootout was outstanding and suspenseful. Congrats to the Man Utd supporters and better luck next season to Chelsea fans. =D> =D>
:D Thank you,thank you,thank you!We appreciate and wish you well :lol:

I actually feel sorry for the Chelsea manager!I think he needed that game to get the appreciation for the good job he did with the team this year!!

oldfield

Post by oldfield » May 22, 2008, 12:15 pm

Galee wrote::D
I only have one thing to say you Galee....

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 22, 2008, 3:38 pm

As soon as Cristiano 'Polehawk' Ron,aldo..started skipping and stuttering before he took his shot,,i shouted out he is going to balls it up..and he did, thought it was surely over, but it was'nt, were'nt bothered about either side , wouldn't have liked to have been in the goal keepers or penalty takers boots...(would gladly accept the money though), good entertainment alround.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » May 22, 2008, 7:42 pm

You mean Ronaldo missed? Guess I was too busy yelling GOOOOOAAAAAALLL!!!! to notice. That's what happens when a bloody yank tries to watch the footie matches. :lol:

Couldn't understand either why Drogba got red carded and thrown out of the game for lightly slapping opposing player on side of the face. In hockey you can coldcock someone and might only get sent to penalty box for two minutes. Five if he punches you back. :?

My favorite player (if I'm allowed to have one) is Wayne Rooney, seems to have some bulldog in him. =D>

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 22, 2008, 8:02 pm

Tebsions where at a high,He 'lightly' slapped the other player around the chops...little did he know the ref was in full view.. #-o , the referee came down on him with all his mite..well a red card.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 22, 2008, 9:07 pm

Good synopsis of the game Zidane (as usual :D )
I think Ronaldo would have been forgiven by all Man U supporters if his miss had cost the title, as he had single handedly taken United to heights that I think are a bit better than the rest of the team have possibly deserved this season.
I felt extremely sorry for John Terry but i think he will gain more kudos from his reactions than detractors - he very obviously loves the club he is playing for, which is rare in the "money for nothing" attitude of many.
You are right PH (Ron____ :D ) Rooney certainly has more than a bit of a bulldog about him, maybe (next year) with someone to "play off" he will return to the quality he has shown in the past in front of goal... :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 22, 2008, 10:37 pm

After saying that about JT, I was sent this today - ---- football fans are sooo cruel... :D

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » May 22, 2008, 11:04 pm

polehawk wrote:Couldn't understand either why Drogba got red carded and thrown out of the game for lightly slapping opposing player on side of the face.
In Sawkker if you raise your hands you get sent off if even a girly push. That is why Didier (you need a slap) Drogba got sent off.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » May 23, 2008, 1:44 am

An interesting idea baw???
Robbo Robson@BBC wrote:In my opinion, the penalty shoot-out should be scrapped altogether. I hate it. It's never satisfactory. Take two men off each team after 90 minutes, and two more after another 15. First team to score, wins.

That'd stop teams playing safe. And it'd stop this litany of noble, terrible failures that the current Russian roulette gives us.

No one deserves to feel how John Terry feels this morning.

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » May 23, 2008, 1:50 am

BobHelm wrote:After saying that about JT, I was sent this today - **** football fans are sooo cruel... :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> LOL

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 23, 2008, 9:15 am

Bob,
You are spot on(if youll forgive the pun :D ) about John Terry.He loves Chelsea and is one of the few players they have I admire.
Thats why I and,I would think most people,felt sorry for him when he missed.....I know Irish Alan certainly was and was seen red eyed himself in the Charoensri complex yesterday :lol:
The rest of the squad are made up mainly of whingers and under performers.....Cheryl Cole,Joe Cole,Ballack,Drogba,Shevchenko,Kalou,Mikel,Florence Malouda etc.
I would have just loved it to be Ballack to have missed that penalty instead of poor Terry.

I think,close season,a bit of a clear out at Chelsea.Quite possibly Grant will go as well or be moved upstairs.Maybe someone like Roberto Mancini from Inter Milan will take over.

Finally congrats to Celtic for winning the Scottish title last night.

Zidane
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Return to “World Sports”