Premier League - the big four (English Football)

General sports news and discussions.

Newcastle, Spurs, Man City or Villa to replace Arsenal in top four.

Newcastle United
26%
Manchester City
33%
Aston Villa
8%
Tottenham Hotspur
33%

Total votes: 39

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 14, 2008, 12:19 am

:D :D :D

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 14, 2008, 12:19 pm

Well,United won last night but I have to say they were very lucky.....but thats what can win you titles.
Feel sorry for Arsenal.They have played some great stuff this season but are going to end up with nothing.
Galees mob have a mouth watering clash with Wigan tonight.....1-0,Lampard pen,to keep the pressure on United.

Zidane
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Robtaff
udonmap.com

Post by Robtaff » April 15, 2008, 4:25 am

Well Chelsea have blown it. A last minute equalizer by Heskey from a superb Koumas cross in the dieing minutes rescued a draw for Wigan and killed off Chelsea as title contenders.

Glory, Glory Man United. :D

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 15, 2008, 11:20 am

Many many thanks to the former Liverpool legend,Emile Heskey,for scoring the last minute equalizer which looks to have blown Chelseas title hopes.
Think it will be very difficult for your lads now,Galee.....5 points adrift and with an inferior goal difference.
When Heskey played for England years ago, and also Liverpool & Birmingham,he looked a bit of a donkey but,too be fair to him,he's done well at Wigan and played well for England when they beat both Israel & Russia 3-0 last year.

But as our friend from Cardiff,Robtaff,says.........Glory,Glory Man United. :D

Zidane

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 15, 2008, 11:38 am

Well, can't say I'm surprised. To be honest we've been getting away with murder over the past few months. Winning games we shouldn't have.

Haven't seen any of the matches this week, or the golf :( having a beach break getting away from Songkram :D

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » April 15, 2008, 10:54 pm

Galee wrote:Well, can't say I'm surprised. To be honest we've been getting away with murder over the past few months. Winning games we shouldn't have.

Haven't seen any of the matches this week, or the golf :( having a beach break getting away from Songkram :D
Few months??? :shock: :shock: :shock: It must be going on for about 4 years now. :roll:

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 16, 2008, 4:00 pm

i wonder where united would be without ronaldos 30 odd goals this season, the boy can play a bit, some of his skills leave me speechless, that one where he throws himself on the floor with one arm raised must of took some mastering, when your natural instinct is to put your arms out to protect yourself. :lol: :lol: and i wonder how many stepovers he would manage when football used to be a mans game, can you imagine him doing those tricks if he was marked by the likes of, ron harris, billy bremner,tommy smith, nobby stiles, more recently niel ruddock, stuart pierce, vinny jones, he would be crying his eyes out. :cry: :cry:

Ba Bob
udonmap.com

Post by Ba Bob » April 16, 2008, 4:13 pm

saint wrote:i wonder where united would be without ronaldos 30 odd goals this season, the boy can play a bit, some of his skills leave me speechless, that one where he throws himself on the floor with one arm raised must of took some mastering, when your natural instinct is to put your arms out to protect yourself. :lol: :lol: and i wonder how many stepovers he would manage when football used to be a mans game, can you imagine him doing those tricks if he was marked by the likes of, ron harris, billy bremner,tommy smith, nobby stiles, more recently niel ruddock, stuart pierce, vinny jones, he would be crying his eyes out. :cry: :cry:
But he would run rings around them now!! comparing different eras is a mugs game. He is no more than a product of todays game and like it or hate it diving is here to stay. no way do i condone it. Im an Aussie and Italy beat us at the world cup with 1 and went on to win it #-o :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 20, 2008, 10:27 am

Yesterday....Blackburn 1 Man Utd 1 (Carlos Tevez' 88th minute header rescued a point for United who dominated but found Blackburns keeper Brad Freidel in outstanding form.)
An important point for United now three points clear of Chelsea,who they play next week,and a better goal difference.
Sandwiched in between the Chelsea clash are two Champions League semi-finals against Barcelona.....exciting times !
Other results....Fulham 0 Liverpool 2 (Fulham surely doomed now)
Arsenal 2 Reading 0 (Reading in trouble)
Middlesborough 0 Bolton 1 (Bolton out of the bottom 3,replaced by Birmingham who play at Villa today)

Zidane

Hages
udonmap.com

Post by Hages » April 20, 2008, 10:36 am

Haven't heard much from 747man lately :?

The last time he posted he was confident that the toffees were about to seal up 4th spot. :lol: :lol:

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 20, 2008, 10:52 am

Managed to watch last 15 minutes of Blackburn-Man Utd in Yellow Bird and thought Blackburn must be down to 9 men it was so one sided.

Always thought Man U would score, just a matter of time. Title still in their own hands, as it has been most of the season.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 20, 2008, 11:06 am

Galee wrote:Managed to watch last 15 minutes of Blackburn-Man Utd in Yellow Bird and thought Blackburn must be down to 9 men it was so one sided.
I think you saw the best 15 minutes of the game from a United viewpoint Galee.. :( Don't quite agree with Zidanes' view of the game. Thought Ronaldo had a rare off game & the rest of the team failed to compensate for that. Agree Freidel had a good game but wasn't tested often enough.
Will certainly have to pick up their game if they have any desire to get to Moscow....

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » April 20, 2008, 12:14 pm

ManUtd.seemed flat in the first half and Blackburn was super aggressive defensively,especially in midfield!Giggs seemrs a bit inadequate compared to his normal performance!

Man Utd backfield seemed disoriented on defense,not really coordinated with the goal keeper.

The second half was different,in that ManUtd,put alot more pressure on Blackburn and if it were not for Blackburn's goalie outstanding play,Man Utd. would have scored about 2-3 other goals.He was definitely the man of the match!

It looked like an unlucky night for my team,but they lucked out at 88 min. to gain the point!

I thought the officiating was atrocious with several obvious penalties in the box not called,especially handballs!

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » April 26, 2008, 7:47 pm

'good game good game' as bruce forsyth used to say.ronaldo to come on for the game or not?

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » April 26, 2008, 8:53 pm

Chelsea 2-1,cheap ass handball penalty called!

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » April 26, 2008, 9:50 pm

Will wait to see what Ferguson has to say about the handball but in the meantime Frank Lampard has asked Drogba not to attend his mother's funeral because he always dives in the box. 8)

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 26, 2008, 10:25 pm

If that was a penalty then George Bush is an Islamic Fundamentalist !
Alan Wiley,absolute shocker today as the ref.
That said,until Carvalho's piece of "individual brilliance" I thought that there was no way back in the game for United.
But United still in the driving seat with two games to go for Premiership & Champions League double.
Keep the faith....United 5 changes tonight,who wont feature against Barcelona !

Zidane

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 26, 2008, 10:56 pm

:D

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » April 27, 2008, 12:11 am

I think that leprechaun is a xxxxx gal and has moved to the bridge... :roll: Having said that united have 2 REALLY REALLY difficult games left... The Hammers and Wigan... :roll:

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 27, 2008, 7:52 am

two reasons united should win the title, avron grant and african nations cup :cry: :cry:

Return to “World Sports”