Premier League - the big four (English Football)

General sports news and discussions.

Newcastle, Spurs, Man City or Villa to replace Arsenal in top four.

Newcastle United
26%
Manchester City
33%
Aston Villa
8%
Tottenham Hotspur
33%

Total votes: 39

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » May 11, 2008, 12:00 pm

patriot wrote:I am a Gunner, and believe me a pretty disappointed Gunner. Can I take this opportunity to wish Man Utd all the best today and in Moscow as they are, IMO, the rightful champions ............ gits!!!
Your perspective on who you support outside your own team is interesting and almost completely different to mine.

As a Southerner I always support the southern team as against the northern team. Maybe you are a Northerner?, in that case why a Gooner.

If I'm watching a game that has no interest to me I tend to support the underdog.

Lastly, if by some miracle Chelsea win the Premiership today, how can you say they are not the rightful champions?. I admit that Utd have played the more attractive football this season and if both teams end up with the same amount of points then I've no gripes, Utd will be deservedly crowned Champions. If as I said before Chelsea end up with more points then they will be the rightful Champions.

Ba Bob
udonmap.com

Post by Ba Bob » May 11, 2008, 1:12 pm

united have scored 14 more goals and conceded 3 less :shock:
So if Chelsea win its on the back of the 2 extra matches that United have lost. They would be equal on wins. I also think they deserve to be Champions

patriot
udonmap.com

Post by patriot » May 11, 2008, 2:08 pm

Galee wrote:
patriot wrote:I am a Gunner, and believe me a pretty disappointed Gunner. Can I take this opportunity to wish Man Utd all the best today and in Moscow as they are, IMO, the rightful champions ............ gits!!!
Your perspective on who you support outside your own team is interesting and almost completely different to mine.

As a Southerner I always support the southern team as against the northern team. Maybe you are a Northerner?, in that case why a Gooner.

If I'm watching a game that has no interest to me I tend to support the underdog.

Lastly, if by some miracle Chelsea win the Premiership today, how can you say they are not the rightful champions?. I admit that Utd have played the more attractive football this season and if both teams end up with the same amount of points then I've no gripes, Utd will be deservedly crowned Champions. If as I said before Chelsea end up with more points then they will be the rightful Champions.
If Liverpool were playing a southern team in a crunch match, who would an Everton supporter be rooting for?

Anyway, easy Tiger, it was only a light-hearted post

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » May 11, 2008, 2:30 pm

I think more importantly is who is refereeing the matches which could then change the games in both.Shame they cannot be bribed like the Italain refs. :lol: LOL

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 11, 2008, 11:19 pm

Well it is over for another year.... :D
And the big 4 are.... the same as before... :D
Final Table
Some amazing scores on the last day of the season & I feel sorry for Reading, but it is the full season that counts I guess.
Man City seem to have relegated Sven for the chop after today, but I guess he is not too sad given the circumstances & the Portuguese league beckoning!!!
Same, same next season....maybe Everton/Villa getting a bit closer.....

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 11, 2008, 11:30 pm

I am happy,but upset too!Man Utd. won the league and I went to bed early so I could get up and watch the game.When I woke up ,the game just ended.So I didn't get to see it :( :lol: :lol: :lol: I looked up the start time on BBC and it said 1500BST which I thought was 2300 here! :mad: :lol: :lol:

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » May 12, 2008, 8:55 am

I was going to post something last night but had a problem with my laptop. Being a bit upset I think my tears short circuited the lap top and it packed up working. Anyway, it's dried out over night and is working OK now and I'm feeling a little bit better now thank you.

Chelsea.
What a disaster that last minute goal by Bolton was. If that hadn't gone in Chelsea would have been champions again. Forget all this bull about goal difference. That's something Man U thought up when they had a good start to the season. Chelsea would have won the league because "C" comes before "M" in the alphabet. The league would have been decided like it was in the good old days.
To be honest, after our bad start to the season and Mouriniho getting sacked, I honestly thought 4th was the best we could obtain. To take the league to the wire was a bonus. However, not beating teams like Bolton, Wigan and Fulham at home proved disasterous.

Man Utd.
As it turned out the goal difference was irrelevant. Just as well as the difference almost exactly equates to the number of penalties Man U got this year through Ronaldos diving.
Ryan Giggs, how the hell does he still get a game. He's so far past his sell by date that if he were milk he would be cheese by now. I can only assume the Wigan defence thought the same.
If there's one person at Utd who winds me up it's Sir Alex effing Fergu....

Sorry, have to finish there, think I'm welling up again and don't want to risk short circuiting my lap top again. :cry:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 12, 2008, 9:22 am

Galee,if it is any consolation,you have my condolences :D

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 12, 2008, 9:23 am

Galee,if it is any consolation,you have my condolences :D That is from a guy that can't add 600 to 1500 and get 2100,not 2300 :oops:

Ba Bob
udonmap.com

Post by Ba Bob » May 12, 2008, 9:40 am

So according to Galee Chelsea were pipped by a bunch of divers and old crocks :lol:

Dont worry Galee its not over yet the big game is yet to come.

Gozzo
udonmap.com

Post by Gozzo » May 12, 2008, 11:10 am

Galee, I know the season is over. 1 big game to go for your guys.
But I have to say that Drogba has claims on the divers title.

Everton to be top 4 next season. :D
Such is life.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » May 12, 2008, 12:12 pm

Ba Bob wrote:So according to Galee Chelsea were pipped by a bunch of divers and old crocks :lol:
Nah. last post was all tongue in cheek. As you can see from my previous posts Man Utd deservedly won the Premiership. God, that was hard to write. :D

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 12, 2008, 6:07 pm

Wigan Athletic 0 Manchester United 2 CHAMPIONS

Watched the game in Ayutthaya last night......United won but werent wholly convincing.
I think part of the problem was in midfield where Scholes is a little bit past his best now,Carrick can be a bit of a luxury player and Ji Sung Park has never quite made it with United.
Also Ronaldo tends to be more effective when playing with just one of either Rooney or Tevez in the side,not both of them playing.
Hopefully for the game in Moscow,Hargreaves and,possibly,Fletcher might come into the frame.
But a big bonus to have Vidic back in the centre of defence.

Commiserations to Chelsea.They ran United close and finished the season well.I would make them slight favourites for the Champions League Final.
That said,I've just watched the Bolton game and they will have to perform a lot better than they did yesterday.

As for Uniteds retained list I think Saha will go and also that Chinese centre forward,Dong Fanzhou....remember him ?If not cant really blame you as he has made little impact at Old Trafford.
Other possibles could be.....
Ryan Giggs,a United legend who scored yesterday.But time has caught up with him and'although he's been a fantastic servant for the club,now may be the time for him to go.Incidentally,if he plays part of the match in Moscow he will beat Sir Bobby Charltons appearance record at United.What a way to bow out !
John O'Shea,he's been at United a long time now without really establishing himself in the side either in defence or midfield.I think Silvestre and Pique would be ahead of him now in the defensive cover pecking order.

I think Paul Scholes and Gary Neville,if he can stay fit,will be good for one more season.Also,I think Darren Fletcher has improved a lot since he was given the Scotland captaincy and should be retained.

Finally,congratulations to Fulham who had an amazing run at the end of the season to survive.They have looked dead and buried for months so what a turnaround !
Feel sorry for Reading but second season syndrome strikes again !

Zidane

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » May 12, 2008, 6:26 pm

Irish Alan wrote:I think Arsenal will struggle a bit this season without Henry.. I know one man doesn't make a team but I think it may be a bit psychological. I've gone for the Yids to take their place at 4.

1. Man. U... :cry:
2. Chelsea.
3. Liverpool.
4. Tottenham H.
5. Aston Villa.
6. Arsenal.
Well if I had put money on United to win I'd be collecting now but Liverpool let me down by not climbing just 1 more place (what else is new) and the yids didn't replace the Gunners. In my William Hill accumulator I also had Tony Blair to be made Lord Blair in the queen's birthday's honours list so that's him focked for a peerage...

:roll:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 4, 2008, 5:41 pm

Irish Alan wrote:747 went AWOL at a very convenient time. Remember that old Rafa Beneathus bollox... It had a very short shelf life. Ah those were the days.
But I'm BACK NOW,And waiting for you I.A.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 4, 2008, 5:47 pm

beer monkey wrote:Yes he must be doing 24/7 in his Taxi cab...earning a 'mint', hows about ya 747..?
B.M. Not 24/7 I only do about 12 hours per day,THATS Enough for Me !! And NOT earning a Mint,What with the Blo*dy price of Diesel in the U.K at the moment !! But thanks for your " Heartfelt " concern am back in N/K for about the next 2 Months....Then back for " ANOTHER " SPELL OF " MINT MAKING " ha ! ha !

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 4, 2008, 5:49 pm

BKKSTAN wrote:747 is not AWOL,he is busy earning to come back and have to kickback time to participate.We will need to prompt him to get a handheld device to stay connected to us while he is driving around at work back in England :lol: I think he left around April 10th,but no doubt he will be back in the fray before long :lol:
Thanks Stan,For putting the record straight !!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 4, 2008, 5:51 pm

Irish Alan wrote:747 went AWOL at a very convenient time. Remember that old Rafa Beneathus bollox... It had a very short shelf life. Ah those were the days.
And I DID'NT Mention RAFA BENEATHUS'S BOLLOX !! I NOT " Kinky "

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 4, 2008, 5:53 pm

Irish Alan wrote:Torres to Man U? Benitez would be found hanging from a tree in Stanley Park.
Nah !! He would be back to cooking Paella,The FAT Spanish waiter !!

Return to “World Sports”