MLB 2023 Rangers Win it All

General sports news and discussions.
Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: MLB 2023

Post by Doodoo » October 25, 2023, 5:05 pm

How does the Astro scandal of 6 years ago in 2017 affect their positioning in the 2023 World Series? Again I assume this is why you are calling them "former cheating Astros" as nothing was mentioned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_A ... ng_scandal

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 2, 2023, 10:17 am

The improbable Texas Rangers, coached by the legendary Manager Bruce Bochy, have just clinched their first world series crown after 52 years in MLB.

Led by one of my favourite pitchers, Nate Eovoldi (at least while he wore red sox), the Rangers shut out the equally unlikely Arizona Diamondbacks 5-0 in the 5th game of the series.

So on to the 2024 season, where my early prediction is for a Red Sox v Blue Jays world series - with the Sox prevailing of course. :D

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 2, 2023, 10:43 am

jackspratt wrote:
November 2, 2023, 10:17 am
The improbable Texas Rangers, coached by the legendary Manager Bruce Bochy, have just clinched their first world series crown after 52 years in MLB.

Led by one of my favourite pitchers, Nate Eovoldi (at least while he wore red sox), the Rangers shut out the equally unlikely Arizona Diamondbacks 5-0 in the 5th game of the series.

So on to the 2024 season, where my early prediction is for a Red Sox v Blue Jays world series - with the Sox prevailing of course. :D
Eovoldi was memorable when he was a Miami Marlin.

A Blue Jay - Red Sox World Series would be memorable, but the Boston Braves or the Milwaukee Braves might have to switch divisions with the Bosox before we can see the Jays down the Boston Red Sox in four, five, six or seven games.

It was nice to see Nolan Ryan's Texas team win and keep the Houston former cheating Astros from romping over the D-Backs. Ryan used to pitch for Houston too before they cheated.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 2, 2023, 5:34 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
November 2, 2023, 10:43 am

A Blue Jay - Red Sox World Series would be memorable, but the Boston Braves or the Milwaukee Braves might have to switch divisions with the Bosox before we can see the Jays down the Boston Red Sox in four, five, six or seven games.
Just a minor detail that could be sorted out during the off-season, Uncle.

:oops:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 2, 2023, 8:53 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
November 2, 2023, 10:43 am
jackspratt wrote:
November 2, 2023, 10:17 am

Eovoldi was memorable when he was a Miami Marlin.

It was nice to see Nolan Ryan's Texas team win and keep the Houston former cheating Astros from romping over the D-Backs. Ryan used to pitch for Houston too before they cheated.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 3, 2023, 11:04 am

Hank Williams - Your Cheating Heart (1952)

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 3, 2023, 11:12 am

It was nice to see former Blue Jay, Marcus Semien, have a good series.

Return to “World Sports”