Grass Roots Football 22-23

General sports news and discussions.
747man
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Football 22-23

Post by 747man » May 14, 2023, 10:18 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 14, 2023, 8:45 pm
Bad news coming out of my beloved home town ...rumours circulating SUFC could well be folding as its TBA that the deal in which Mr Hilton bought the club will miss the deadline and the stadium will be lost .. ground share , go bust and start a phoenix club ala Bury could well be on the cards ... meeting on the 17th to air what being mooted followed by the 24th May deadline to close the deal...its not looking good.

Dm
That is Excellent News,Lets Hope they FOLD Best place for them..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 15, 2023, 6:03 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
Bad news coming out of my beloved home town ...rumours circulating SUFC could well be folding as its TBA that the deal in which Mr Hilton bought the club will miss the deadline and the stadium will be lost .. ground share , go bust and start a phoenix club ala Bury could well be on the cards ... meeting on the 17th to air what being mooted followed by the 24th May deadline to close the deal...its not looking good.

Dm
With this undeniably grim news on top of Everton possibly avoiding relegation by the skin of their nobs, it must be getting close to kick the dog(s) time, south of Udon International.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 15, 2023, 6:15 am

Good result for the smoggies

"Coventry failed to register a single effort on target as they were held to a goalless draw by Middlesbrough in the Championship play-off semi-final first leg at the CBS Arena."

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 15, 2023, 12:40 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm
Sorry to hear that DM.

How any real football fan can revel in something like this (unless it happens to Man U :D ) is beyond me.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 15, 2023, 1:51 pm

samster wrote:
May 15, 2023, 12:40 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm
Sorry to hear that DM.

How any real football fan can revel in something like this (unless it happens to Man U :D ) is beyond me.
Thanks Sam ... grim news by all accounts , twill all come to light on the 17th at the AGM and fan forum , hoping for better news than what is being predicted as for the town to loose its football club would be devastating.

Proper loyal football fans are few n far between and as rare as hens teeth in these parts and fully expecting the usual suspects to take the piss ..regardless whatever the outcome i shall remain SUFC till the day i croak it and get my pic on UM.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 15, 2023, 3:23 pm

and fully expecting the usual suspects to take the piss ....555 !! I Already Have Look at 1st Post on THIS Page....NOT So Quiet in Nong Khai After All ' Eh ?? 555 !!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 15, 2023, 6:18 pm

747man wrote:
May 15, 2023, 3:23 pm
and fully expecting the usual suspects to take the piss ....555 !! I Already Have Look at 1st Post on THIS Page....NOT So Quiet in Nong Khai After All ' Eh ?? 555 !!
I guessed you would be along sooner rather than later to offer your idiotic remarks and show just what a nasty person you really are wishing a town to loose its football club not forgetting the staff jobs that will be lost as well as the many families that enjoy being part of the club.. shameful , you should hang your head , but you wont cos yer just not a nice person and trying to pass off that you are doesnt cut the mustard with most on here.

Hoping a team gets relegated is one thing ( as i do with Everton) but to fold and not exist at all is another you rancid old fart.

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 15, 2023, 6:56 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 15, 2023, 6:18 pm
747man wrote:
May 15, 2023, 3:23 pm
I guessed you would be along sooner rather than later to offer your idiotic remarks and show just what a nasty person you really are wishing a town to loose its football club not forgetting the staff jobs that will be lost as well as the many families that enjoy being part of the club.. shameful , you should hang your head , but you wont cos yer just not a nice person and trying to pass off that you are doesnt cut the mustard with most on here.

Hoping a team gets relegated is one thing ( as i do with Everton) but to fold and not exist at all is another you rancid old fart.

DM
What Do Yer Mean NOT Exist, You'll Still Follow them....& As for Rancid Old Fart Have yer got yer nose toooooo Near Yer Arse AGAIN #SNIFFER......

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 15, 2023, 8:53 pm

As a totally disinterested observer of Pommie soccer, perhaps the ideal solution would be for Scunny and the Emertons to merge (50/50) at the end of the season.

Next season, Everthorpe (or Scunton if you like) could play their home games at Glanford, thereby ensuring a half full stadium every other week, lift the skill levels of both teams, and saving a shiitt load of money by not building the new white elephant at Bramley Dock.

Not to mention the lift in overall quality of posts on the Map. [-o<

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 15, 2023, 9:05 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 15, 2023, 8:53 pm
As a totally disinterested observer of Pommie soccer, perhaps the ideal solution would be for Scunny and the Emertons to merge (50/50) at the end of the season.

Next season, Everthorpe (or Scunton if you like) could play their home games at Glanford, thereby ensuring a half full stadium every other week, lift the skill levels of both teams, and saving a shiitt load of money by not building the new white elephant at Bramley Dock.

Jack ........ I would rather dip my testicles in boiling oil or indeed yours for coming up with such an idea.

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 15, 2023, 9:39 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 15, 2023, 9:05 pm
jackspratt wrote:
May 15, 2023, 8:53 pm

Jack ........ I would rather dip my testicles in boiling oil or indeed yours for coming up with such an idea.

DM
I'll BOIL The Oil For Yer,Then O.K. ??

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 16, 2023, 1:47 pm

Despite all the turmoil at Scunny the club has signed its first two players in the big re build ..Danny Whitehall and Michael Kelly ..details here https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/

oh also ..just for you 747

I had forgot all about this ... Scunny V Millwall L1 playoff at Wembly 2009 ONE OF MANY TROPHIES THAT FILL THE SCUNNY SILVERWARE ROOM (NO CLOCKS) ..

check out the goal by Alexander for Millwall ..you wont see a better goal at Wembley for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omv9bLYs324

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 16, 2023, 3:39 pm

check out the goal by Alexander for Millwall ..you wont see a better goal at Wembley for sure.....Oh ! I Might Just Agree with Yer There.....555 !!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 16, 2023, 6:40 pm

747man wrote:
May 16, 2023, 3:39 pm
check out the goal by Alexander for Millwall ..you wont see a better goal at Wembley for sure.....Oh ! I Might Just Agree with Yer There.....555 !!
Not a bad goal was it ?? reminded me of one i scored in my younger footballing days for Cemsave United in the Scunny pub league

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 16, 2023, 9:54 pm

Two more new signings for Scunny , thats 4 in two days and more interestgly the club have bought two large land plots in the town .. 1 at 19 acres another 14 acres ???? all will be revealed at the AGM fan forum tomorrow.. a new ground perhaps ? and tell swan to stick GP where the sun dont shine ..

a lot more positive news than the recent doom n gloom

UTI

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 17, 2023, 5:11 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 16, 2023, 9:54 pm
Two more new signings for Scunny , thats 4 in two days and more interestgly the club have bought two large land plots in the town .. 1 at 19 acres another 14 acres ???? all will be revealed at the AGM fan forum tomorrow.. a new ground perhaps ? and tell swan to stick GP where the sun dont shine ..

UTI

DM
Are these two plots contiguous? Otherwise I can see a lot of blind hoofing it up the park hoping the forwards can make something of it as the ball comes in over the rooftops.

I thought Swan was gone? Or is his "deal" about squeezing the last of the life blood out of the scrawny Scunny chook?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 17, 2023, 10:31 am

tamada wrote:
May 17, 2023, 5:11 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 16, 2023, 9:54 pm

UTI

DM
Are these two plots contiguous? Otherwise I can see a lot of blind hoofing it up the park hoping the forwards can make something of it as the ball comes in over the rooftops.

I thought Swan was gone? Or is his "deal" about squeezing the last of the life blood out of the scrawny Scunny chook?
David Hilton bought the club with the ground and surrounding land on a seperate deal with Swan , the deadline for this to conclude is 24th May.
Its been a crazy week

Rumours swirling the deal wont go through so SUFC are homeless or renting GP off Swan ..
The AGM FAN forum set for tonight 17th.
Scunny make 4 very good contractual signings of IMO excellent players
Its announced SUFC have bought two large land plots next to each in the town other followed by more rumours a brand new ground with new training facility and huge car parking plus apartments.

So its anyones guess what is going on but should get some clarification after this evenings AGM... suffice to say so long as the club avoids total extinction i will be a happy Scunny bunny.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 17, 2023, 11:21 am

Luton beat the mackems 2 nowt to go to the championship play off finally ... not being nasty to the sky blues or smoggies but i hope they win and go up just to see how the EFL deem their Kenilworth road ground suitable for the PL ..

Sunderlands year next year perhaps.

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 17, 2023, 11:37 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 17, 2023, 11:21 am
Luton beat the mackems 2 nowt to go to the championship play off finally ... not being nasty to the sky blues or smoggies but i hope they win and go up just to see how the EFL deem their Kenilworth road ground suitable for the PL ..

Sunderlands year next year perhaps.

DM
just to see how the EFL deem their Kenilworth road ground suitable for the PL.....I Went there " Over 35 Years Ago " It was a Complete SHED Even Then.....

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 17, 2023, 11:50 am

for all the thousands of Scunny fans based in Thailand closet or otherwise ...here are the details of the Irons recent new signings

Tyler Denton
Will Evan
Michael Kelly
Danny Whitehall

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/

DM

Return to “World Sports”