EPL transfer window Summer 2022

General sports news and discussions.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: EPL transfer window Summer 2022

Post by tamada » August 16, 2022, 8:08 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 16, 2022, 4:36 pm
Looks like Gilmore to Everton/Gordon to Chelsea/Gallagher to toon getting closer
Well that's Billy's career well and truly shot all to buggery.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 16, 2022, 8:28 pm

On the bright side tam, the jock manager will be able to go watch Billy G and Patterson at the same Championship game next year..

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 16, 2022, 8:40 pm

tamada wrote:
August 16, 2022, 8:08 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
Looks like Gilmore to Everton/Gordon to Chelsea/Gallagher to toon getting closer
Why Don't You Concentrate on Ross County or Stirling Albion & Bugger Off back to Scotland ?? :lol: :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 16, 2022, 9:18 pm

Steve Clarke - SAY HIS NAME!
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 17, 2022, 9:48 am

tamada wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:
Nah. It was shot from day one when he was born in a country who, in the past 40 years, have regressed massively in footballing terms. It's either something in the water or the Scots have an abysmal coaching set up from grass roots upwards.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 17, 2022, 11:07 am

samster wrote:
August 17, 2022, 9:48 am
tamada wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:
Nah. It was shot from day one when he was born in a country who, in the past 40 years, have regressed massively in footballing terms. It's either something in the water or the Scots have an abysmal coaching set up from grass roots upwards.
Careful Samster, Our Scottish Football EXPERT :lol: :lol: Will be " On Yer Case for That !!"

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 17, 2022, 12:28 pm

samster wrote:
tamada wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:
It's neither. It's simply lack of money. No meaningful investment north of Hadrian's. Football Associations do little for game development and the future. Just a coterie of good old boys who were rubbish players and worse managers in their day picking up a pay cheque.

Billy fled both academy's at the Auld Enemy as a youngster and was checking all the right boxes and turning in good stats for a then 19 year-old at Chelsea but hardly featured in Tuchel's vision when he took over. Loan to Norwich was to give him game time. Even losing game time is better than no game time so now he can keep doing that at Everton.

A disproportionate amount of individual English club success has been built on quality Scottish footballing talent, both on the field and in the dugout (but you know this already).

Get it while you can.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 17, 2022, 1:19 pm

Problem is Billy boy proved last season that he was just not good enough to be a regular starter for a team that finished bottom of the league.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 17, 2022, 1:38 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 17, 2022, 1:19 pm
Problem is Billy boy proved last season that he was just not good enough to be a regular starter for a team that finished bottom of the league.
The Canaries were in "everything but the kitchen sink mode" last season. Gets a bit like that when nothing seems to work anymore.

Anyways, wasn't that what Lampard was already doing in the second half of last season's games? Throwing on sub after sub in desperation? More of the same for poor Billy then. Unless something can be built around his midfield skills that originally caught Chelsea's attention. Has he lost them or has he just been in teams where it didn't matter because nobody had a plan and they were all doomed anyway?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 17, 2022, 2:31 pm

tamada wrote:
August 17, 2022, 12:28 pm
samster wrote:
tamada wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:
It's neither. It's simply lack of money. No meaningful investment north of Hadrian's. Football Associations do little for game development and the future. Just a coterie of good old boys who were rubbish players and worse managers in their day picking up a pay cheque.

Billy fled both academy's at the Auld Enemy as a youngster and was checking all the right boxes and turning in good stats for a then 19 year-old at Chelsea but hardly featured in Tuchel's vision when he took over. Loan to Norwich was to give him game time. Even losing game time is better than no game time so now he can keep doing that at Everton.

A disproportionate amount of individual English club success has been built on quality Scottish footballing talent, both on the field and in the dugout (but you know this already).

Get it while you can.
I'm guessing that the Scandinavian countries, as an example, suffer from a similar lack of investment but, still perform well as a team and, also produce the occasional true superstar. I cant remember Scotland produce anyone of international note since Dalglish. Even Leeds legend Gordon Strachan was inferior to English contemporaries such as Barnes and Waddle who were hardly world beaters.

I noticed recently that Leeds young starlet, Archie Gray, has chosen England as his nation. This despite being the nephew of Eddie and grandson of Frank. I think the fear of years in the international wilderness puts him off.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 17, 2022, 3:13 pm

samster wrote:
August 17, 2022, 2:31 pm
tamada wrote:
August 17, 2022, 12:28 pm
samster wrote:
tamada wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:

Get it while you can.
I'm guessing that the Scandinavian countries, as an example, suffer from a similar lack of investment but, still perform well as a team and, also produce the occasional true superstar. I cant remember Scotland produce anyone of international note since Dalglish. Even Leeds legend Gordon Strachan was inferior to English contemporaries such as Barnes and Waddle who were hardly world beaters.

I noticed recently that Leeds young starlet, Archie Gray, has chosen England as his nation. This despite being the nephew of Eddie and grandson of Frank. I think the fear of years in the international wilderness puts him off.
Let's guess then. Bødo/Glimt and Haaland (who could have been English). Have I missed anyone? The Swedish ladies look beyond their use-by date.

Chosing your international flag seems to have worked for Zaha.

BTW, I did say English club success "has" been built on Jockinese prowess. Right now the EPL looks all a bit Bundesliga in the managerial department. I guess that comes from trying too many flash dressing but underachieving Continentals and recycling Harry, Sam and Woy too many times back in the "good old days"?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 17, 2022, 4:21 pm

At least we still have one Jockmanistani in the prem at the appy 'ammers

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 17, 2022, 5:34 pm

tamada wrote:
August 17, 2022, 3:13 pm

Let's guess then. Bødo/Glimt and Haaland (who could have been English). Have I missed anyone? The Swedish ladies look beyond their use-by date.
Without even thinking - 1 world class player from each Scandi country

Norway - Haaland
Sweden - Ibrahimovic
Denmark - either Laudrup
Finland - Litmanen

That's ignoring the numerous top class defenders upon whom their relative success (to Scotland) has been based. My point was that Scotland has a massive issue with bringing decent footballers through which isnt solely based on finance.

Seems the kids are more interested in wearing skirts and eating deep fried Mars Bars. Sad really when, Leeds alone boasted 7 or 8 world class Scots in the 70s.

Oh and Billy Gilmour always looked nothing more than an average EPL player...... cue Sunday when he replaces Kante in the Chelski line up and scores a worldie against Leeds :D

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 17, 2022, 6:26 pm

Without even thinking...

Thanks for the explanation. It's been a hoot.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 17, 2022, 6:35 pm

OK, back to the Jock Roots thread then :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 17, 2022, 9:24 pm

Cesare Casadei on a plane as I type this. Due in London to complete deal with Chelsea tomorrow

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 17, 2022, 9:27 pm

747man wrote:
July 25, 2022, 8:55 pm
stattointhailand wrote:time=1658734508[/b] user_id=9333]
Someone obviously told Dele Alli he was playing for a move out of Goodison :-"
Still Nowt going on at The Bonecutters Social club then,I See !!
Glad that's now in the pipework, I was starting to doubt my sources information :-$

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 18, 2022, 1:39 am

stattointhailand wrote:
August 17, 2022, 9:24 pm
Cesare Casadei on a plane as I type this. Due in London to complete deal with Chelsea tomorrow
I hope he has a better flight than that young Argie bloke headed for Cardiff. Shocking malfeasance by a whole bunch of greedy fooks.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 18, 2022, 1:54 am

When does this window close BTW?
~Reinhold Messner~