The IRONS National League Adventure

General sports news and discussions.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

The IRONS National League Adventure

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 11, 2022, 7:06 am

I have received many requests to keep the thousands of Thai based Scunthorpe United fans up to date during the latter part of the League 2 campaign and next seasond foree into the National League ...... I think im pretty safe to start this thread bearing in mind my beloved SUFC current plight ... points adrift and nary a win or a goal in weeks its fair to say ..we are doomed.

I look forward to members comments and cash donations from anyone wishing to assist in a local consortium buying the club,, the total is now up to nearly 10 quid.. 7 pounds 93 p to be exact.

Keep the faith

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: The IRONS National League Adventure

Post by Khun Paul » March 11, 2022, 7:17 am

Another sporting organisation from Yorkshire failing, like the Cricket Club ....lol

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 11, 2022, 7:22 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 11, 2022, 7:17 am
Another sporting organisation from Yorkshire failing, like the Cricket Club ....lol
WRONG again .. Scunthorpe is in the county of Lincolnshire not Yorkshire.

DM

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 11, 2022, 11:06 am

So you got £17.93 ,excellent you only need another £2.07 and you can own scunny.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 11, 2022, 11:11 am

One wonders if their uniforms next season will have rips and tears as befitting a club that has slipped so far. Maybe they can borrow hand-me-downs from Liverpool and return to the glory years of wearing red and white. 'Up the Iron' for they have nowhere else to go.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 11, 2022, 11:47 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
March 11, 2022, 11:11 am
One wonders if their uniforms next season will have rips and tears as befitting a club that has slipped so far. Maybe they can borrow hand-me-downs from Liverpool and return to the glory years of wearing red and white. 'Up the Iron' for they have nowhere else to go.
I wish that were true LYM ..alas below the National League lurks the Northern League .

Dean ..very kind donation of £12:07 p will be greatly excepted i shall drop in Sunday afternoon to pick it up n have a roast.

DM

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 11, 2022, 1:05 pm

I'm sorry to read of Scunthorpe's problems.
It was many years ago when I first supported Palace and that was the old Fourth Division. So I do understand.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 11, 2022, 1:16 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
March 11, 2022, 1:05 pm
It was many years ago when I first supported Palace and that was the old Fourth Division. So I do understand.
Yes very sad Brian .. i recall a few games against Palace when they shared the same league status ..alas a very bad chairman who has devasted the club and raped its assets including the land and ground .. we need him.gone preferably bought out by a non Russian zillionare ...but thats the stuff of dreams and its National league here we come
Regardless i only have one club ..its in my family history and i shall remain claret n blue all way thro where ever they play

UP.THE IRON

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 11, 2022, 3:02 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 11, 2022, 7:22 am
Khun Paul wrote:
March 11, 2022, 7:17 am
WRONG again .. Scunthorpe is in the county of Lincolnshire not Yorkshire.

DM
Okay sorry my geography a tad off.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 11, 2022, 4:21 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 11, 2022, 1:16 pm
Brian Davis wrote:
March 11, 2022, 1:05 pm
Yes very sad Brian .. i recall a few games against Palace when they shared the same league status ..alas a very bad chairman who has devasted the club and raped its assets including the land and ground .. we need him.gone preferably bought out by a non Russian zillionare ...but thats the stuff of dreams and its National league here we come
Regardless i only have one club ..its in my family history and i shall remain claret n blue all way thro where ever they play

UP.THE IRON

DM
Good for you. As you know, I'm very much with those who 'support your local team', rather than the sheep who pick a big team, which usually guarantees success and more winning than defeats. All the more fun, when they do slip up. More passion, more love, more connection with your local team and less expectation but more enjoyment if and when some success does come.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 11, 2022, 4:39 pm

It is possible to support someone Other than your local team, who still win b*gger all and have the same enjoyment if and when you win the occasional game .......... making a 600 mile round trip for a "home" game already knowing you are gonna lose to the likes of Luton a'int a lot of fun believe me

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 11, 2022, 5:52 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 11, 2022, 4:39 pm
It is possible to support someone Other than your local team, who still win b*gger all and have the same enjoyment if and when you win the occasional game .......... making a 600 mile round trip for a "home" game already knowing you are gonna lose to the likes of Luton a'int a lot of fun believe me
I've always presumed you were born in or around Newcastle, perhaps wrongly? Newcastle is a one-team city, without the complication of other competition. If you aren't Newcastle-born and chose to support the Geordies in preference to the obvious 'big boys', then you have my admiration - and sympathy :lol: Only kidding. At least, the team has turned things aroung this season, when it was looking grim. Perhaps the biggest under-achievers/disappointers?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 11, 2022, 6:34 pm

I was born and raised in West Hamland ........ couldn't possibly support them when the opened a "club shop" in Romford town centre, knowing perfectly well that the town had its own non league football team . My cousin married a geordie in 1959 and he sent me the prog and local paper every week. As soon as I was old enough he took me to games in London (I went to non league games at the time as well until non league team folded and I became a member of the toon army travelling the length and breadth of the country. Even changed jobs when I found out that Railway staff got free and reduced rate travel which meant I could afford to go to Newcastle 2 or 3 times a month

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 12, 2022, 6:32 am

Well it is normally geography and/or family which decides allegiances, so a bit of a variation on that theme, Statto.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 12, 2022, 6:51 am

Brian Davis wrote:
March 12, 2022, 6:32 am
Well it is normally geography and/or family which decides allegiances, so a bit of a variation on that theme, Statto.
Yes correct Brian .. both livi g ose to the ground and family ties were my calling to be a Scunny fan .. i never saw the point if following a bigger club that was miles away so have been loyal to only SUFC since i was a mere stain on the inderpants of life. and will remain so where ever they play tbrough good times n bad ..sadly at the moment extremely bad.

Dm

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 12, 2022, 7:06 am

Jeepers, this thread has had a flying start. It will need a bit of controversy to keep up this pace. 8)

Perhaps DM you can share with us the teams Scunny supporters dislike the most?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 12, 2022, 8:49 am

GT93 wrote:
March 12, 2022, 7:06 am
Jeepers, this thread has had a flying start. It will need a bit of controversy to keep up this pace. 8)

Perhaps DM you can share with us the teams Scunny supporters dislike the most?

Thats easy peasey mostly just the local derby fixtures ..in order most hated first

Grimsby town the Codheads
Doncaster Rovers Donny
Hull city ..the Tigers
Lincoln city ..the Imps

Hope that helps

DM

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 12, 2022, 9:41 am

If this was my list, and it isn't, I would replace the Hull City Tigers with the Evertons.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 12, 2022, 10:53 am

Look on the bright side,when SU join the National league their derby will be with Grimsby Town.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 12, 2022, 11:00 am

Also on the bright side, in years past it would have been a relegation from Division 4. Relegation from League 2 sounds better.

Return to “World Sports”