2021 Tokyo Olympics

General sports news and discussions.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: 2021 Tokyo Olympics

Post by stattointhailand » August 11, 2021, 7:18 pm

"The world's changing DM. The IOC is trying to connect with a younger audience. "

That's half the problem GT ........... it's the friggin' doogooders generation that has led to their offspring (the youngsters) being totally confused as to what is reality, what is "freedom of choice" and what is (like Hubbard) just taking the p*ss

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 11, 2021, 7:33 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 11, 2021, 7:18 pm

That's half the problem GT ...........
Just to complete the picture, statts - what is the other half?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 11, 2021, 7:56 pm

Doodoo wrote:
August 11, 2021, 11:46 am
Here is teh article from Wikipedia and I was surprised, pages and pages of atheletes suspended for doping , trafsusions etc I am sure if one wanted to take the time they would find people such as Flo JO who doped and had children also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_d ... _athletics

There was a particular even at the 1988 Olympics, where an individual did test positive for anabolic steroids (stanozolol) and he was a male sprinter. Six out of the 8 competitors in that same event, tested positive for something and some were big names. The IOC were testing at those games, according to this.

F J was tested during these Olympic games and did not test positive, like a number of others did. Nor did F J test positive in the 11 No. test that she undertook in the 10 months, leading up to those Games.

Doodoo, you can suspect all you want and make your wild assertions, but personally, I find it rather pathetic, that 30 years after the event and with no proof, all you can do, is refer to is a Wikipedia Link that goes nowhere. Pretty sad on your behalf. [-X [-X

According to her autopsy, she had an epileptic seizure (not uncommon) which resulted in her suffocation. Maybe Doodoo, you would like to give us the benefit of your medical prowess, on this aspect, as well. :confused: :-k

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on August 11, 2021, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 11, 2021, 8:04 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 11, 2021, 7:33 pm
stattointhailand wrote:

That's half the problem GT ...........
Just to complete the picture, statts - what is the other half?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 11, 2021, 8:10 pm

Well that's a surprise, statts ....... I didn't anticipate you putting up one of your home videos. :shock:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 11, 2021, 8:40 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
"The world's changing DM. The IOC is trying to connect with a younger audience.

GT

Thats crap

That's half the problem GT ........... it's the friggin' doogooders generation that has led to their offspring (the youngsters) being totally confused as to what is reality, what is "freedom of choice" and what is (like Hubbard) just taking the p*ss
Statto

Thats true
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 11, 2021, 11:10 pm

Off topic I know, but the OG have finished

Most of the "camp" comedians of yesteryear (those who acted the part) wouldn't get away with any of their act today.

Julian Clary, Duncan (chase me) Norvelle, Kenneth Williams, Edna Everage etc would have their act ripped to pieces by the PC brigade....... we would also have lost a huge amount of the Dick Emery show, Two Ronnies, Monty Python, Les Dawson and a host of other comic genius because it might "offend someone"

Just coz someone calls me old/fat/wrinkled/soft/white/Bald or any other derogatory phrase isnt gonna make me have a nervous breakdown unless I were already well unhinged, so perhaps a few of todays "offended of Clapham" individuals should remember the old saying Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are ....... just that ..... words

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 11, 2021, 11:43 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 11, 2021, 11:10 pm

Just coz someone calls me old/fat/wrinkled/soft/white/Bald or any other derogatory phrase isnt gonna make me have a nervous breakdown unless I were already well unhinged, so perhaps a few of todays "offended of Clapham" individuals should remember the old saying Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are ....... just that ..... words
What will make you have a nervous breakdown? It is interesting to know that you are old, fat, wrinkled, soft and bald. Do you cheer for Leeds United by any chance?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 12, 2021, 12:22 am

"Do you cheer for Leeds United by any chance?"

OFFENDED of Udon

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 12, 2021, 1:12 am

stattointhailand wrote:
August 12, 2021, 12:22 am
"Do you cheer for Leeds United by any chance?"

OFFENDED of Udon
No offence intended, of course, just don't have a nervous breakdown!!!
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 12, 2021, 7:31 am

The Olympics may be over but as a major sporting event screened worldwide they have proved to be a catalyst for these confused transgenders Hubbards to lubricate and slip easily into the frame .. for sure there will be thousands of these freakos now thinking they will try to do the same so expect tranny participant numbers to increase 10 fold come Paris FRANCE in 2024.

IMO its just the IOC (yes GT ) trying to not only appeal to the young but also the PC brigade who are gradually gaining momentum in changing the world with their wuss packet agenda , its a worry what sort of Boo Hoo generation is being created and just how long can we keep this thread going on UM :roll: and where will it end.

History counts for nothing , the brilliant comedians and TV shows series ( Love Thy Neighbor , Rising Damp more recently Little Britain )and movies from the past now banned , signs on toilet doors (sexist) and food packaging (racist) , banter , name calling is now all so terribly upsetting and discriminating theres more you cant say then can say its ridiculous and getting worse as the wafer thinned skinned lefty whinging snowflakes complain everything is sexist or racist .. i have one final word for all of them

BOLLOCKS (can i say that)

I need a STRONG BLACK coffee in my mug with a topless page 3 lady on it (Gaynor Goodman) ..remember those ????

DM

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 12, 2021, 8:04 am

How many trans athletes were in Tokyo? Two? Twenty for Paris? I think there will be fewer than twenty.

I think young people are cool. I like their energy level. They don't have to have the same values as us old goats. I hope OFFENDED of Udon can cope with me using that moniker.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 12, 2021, 8:26 am

GT93 wrote:
August 12, 2021, 8:04 am
How many trans athletes were in Tokyo? Two? Twenty for Paris? I think there will be fewer than twenty.

I think young people are cool. I like their energy level. They don't have to have the same values as us old goats. I hope OFFENDED of Udon can cope with me using that moniker.
Im predicting between 10 -20 confused lardies in Paris... competing in female team events , weightlifting ..maybe even a straggler in the long distance running , shot put javelin etc.

From personal experience I know what its like to be a youngster , I USED TO BE ONE ... yes the energy was there but worryingly so was the tendency to be easily led .... like the time my older brother n his mates bought a blow up doll and got me to have ago on it in the barn .. then during the foreplay the bastards nicked my clothes n left me naked .. i had to climb in a tatty sack to get home, im not scared for life tho just a memory i can smile about now...

(BTW i got him back a few times when i super glued the top on his hair gel , pissed in his shampoo and put mouse droppings in his sandwich.)..ar the good old days :lol:

MEMORIES from the past .... a great thread topic ??

DM

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 12, 2021, 12:12 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 12, 2021, 7:31 am

IMO its just the IOC (yes GT ) trying to not only appeal to the young but also the PC brigade who are gradually gaining momentum in changing the world with their wuss packet agenda , its a worry what sort of Boo Hoo generation is being created and just how long can we keep this thread going on UM :roll: and where will it end.

History counts for nothing , the brilliant comedians and TV shows series ( Love Thy Neighbor , Rising Damp more recently Little Britain )and movies from the past now banned , signs on toilet doors (sexist) and food packaging (racist) , banter , name calling is now all so terribly upsetting and discriminating theres more you cant say then can say its ridiculous and getting worse as the wafer thinned skinned lefty whinging snowflakes complain everything is sexist or racist .. i have one final word for all of them

DM
Past younger generations (not so much mine) have had to cope with and real catastrophes, during their upbringing, such as be WW2 and before that, the Great Depression, as did their parents. These were real uncertain times and events. Yet those generations managed to get through it. Covid-19 may be a significant event, but it is hardly a catastrophic one, compared to some in the 19th Century.

Interestingly some of the current younger generation, aged between 15 and 30, have trouble staying at home in their house/room for a 2 week lockdown or even wearing a mask or working out what sex they are. We will see where this younger generation ends up. Well, maybe not :-k :-k

Not the right place to post, all of my Comments, so I have posted under Covid-19 - Post Covid Economy

pipoz4444

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 12, 2021, 1:31 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 11, 2021, 11:10 pm

Most of the "camp" comedians of yesteryear (those who acted the part) wouldn't get away with any of their act today.

Julian Clary, Duncan (chase me) Norvelle, Kenneth Williams, Edna Everage etc would have their act ripped to pieces by the PC brigade....... we would also have lost a huge amount of the Dick Emery show, Two Ronnies, Monty Python, Les Dawson and a host of other comic genius because it might "offend someone"

So, as you wander in your reverie of better times when "Up Pompeii" was cool, you won't begrudge the current younger generation's obsession with drag queens, presenting as non-binary and other overt symbols of being 'bent'?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 12, 2021, 3:26 pm

The clear difference between Up Pompeii, carry on films, Benny Hill etc is the fact that it is comedy/entertainment and not meant to be taken seriously. The likes of Hubbard whos mother obviously went to the cupboard for his boner and found it bare expect society to take them seriously. As it happens I also had no problem with the Black & white minstrel show, Al Jolson or one of my gt gt cousins (who was half of a successful music hall act called the black guy Minstrels in the mid 19th cent), Alf Garnett or the characters in Love thy neighbour, they were entertainment

Typical bloody PC pain in the ar*es "who was half of a successful music hall act called the black guy Minstrels in the mid 19th cent"

I typed "who was half of a successful music hall act called the N I G G E R minstrels in the mid 19th cent) ....... That is what they were called, that is what the adverts said ..... stop auto correcting reality on our behalf
Last edited by stattointhailand on August 12, 2021, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 12, 2021, 4:15 pm

My favorites, but they would probably be, "persona non grata", these days [-( [-( :confused:

Allo Allo 1.jpg

Steptoe and Son.jpg

pipoz4444

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 12, 2021, 4:41 pm

Just about everything in Little Britain would be a no no nowadays ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oHjP2O ... jUIah7ynFX

Till death do us part
Love thy Neighbor
Rising damp
Steptoe
Bless this House
Most comedians / inc the best .... Bernard Manning
Bottom
The Young Ones
Many more iv forgotten

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 12, 2021, 7:37 pm

Not racist or transphobic but seeing as 70’s sitcoms are being listed, The Good Life. Felicity Kendall was sweetly pretty.

Then along came Kylie 💕
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 12, 2021, 8:18 pm

I see a number of old faithfulls from the 60s and 70s named above - enjoyed, in part or full, at the time by many of us now silly old farts.

I wonder how they have survived the test of time, and what degree of appeal they would have with today's youngsters. Perhaps best watched on a black and white telly to get the full experience.

I suspect the answer would not sit well - whichever way you look. :-k

Return to “World Sports”