EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

General sports news and discussions.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by stattointhailand » July 12, 2021, 11:27 pm

They had a hell of a problem with the highlights if I remember correctly (usually between 7 - 9 mins) I'm sure they actually skipped the second period altogether in the "package" just to get the later stuff in (BTW I swore when Braydon Point scored :evil: )

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 12, 2021, 11:32 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
July 12, 2021, 12:03 pm
I see that YouTube has removed or blocked nearly all of the Video's of the Penalty shoot out

I found one, but it was a bit shaky and not so clear

pipoz4444
Found this.

Not to may inspiring Penalty Shots and short run-ups, by the England guys :confused: :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgZ5Q1-CnF8

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on July 13, 2021, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 13, 2021, 10:16 am

Dont any of you experts think that Italys extra days rest played apart in this final , especially the second half when England came out all defensive .
They lacked any pace going forward , and being half a yard short of a lot of 50 50 balls . Although they seem to have got second wind in extra time and could of won it if Sterling had been less selfish .
Nobody seems to of mentioned what a great game Pickford had .

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » July 13, 2021, 2:04 pm

When Bielsa arrived, Leeds had 2 budding midfielders who looked OK for Championship football. Ask 99% of Leeds fans and they would have said Ronaldo Vieira was the one who would make it. Bielsa sold Vieira to Sampdoria where he hasnt exactly flourished.

What has happened since is a testament to the genius of Bielsa and the diligence of the player. As a Leeds fan, I couldn't be more proud of the lad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57805875

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 13, 2021, 2:34 pm

Bloody 'ell, (Leeds Loonies) their at it again ......

after (a handful of good games) and living on the Jack Charlton story for the last 55 years ....... :-" :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 13, 2021, 7:58 pm

Look I know Londoners are pretty upset about the penalty shootout and all that, but please please please STOP CRYING

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » July 14, 2021, 1:37 pm

samster wrote:
July 1, 2021, 1:28 pm

Rashford isnt fit by the way and will have an operation after the Euros.
When you want to be ahead of the news, log into a forum based in the arse end of nowhere

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57829927

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 14, 2021, 2:43 pm

samster wrote:
July 14, 2021, 1:37 pm
samster wrote:

When you want to be ahead of the news, log into a forum based in the arse end of nowhere

I cant really fathom the negative sentiment about the England final defeat , racism ,riots amid sadness.. IMO they havent won buggar all for decades and got to a final in which they didnt play too well and the manager made a few strange decisions .. it was an excellent tournament and we should be proud of their achievements not be slagging them off.. the boys can go again next year to Qartar filled with confidence and the youngsters more experienced.

also ..

Lets not forget it is only a game and there are far more serious issues to contend with in life.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » July 14, 2021, 3:19 pm

The atmosphere in the UK is toxic. In the 18 months I have been here I have seen a steady decline in peoples behaviour and state of mind. The Euros accentuated it.

The bar that I was in was full of young tanked up lads spewing anti Italian bile well before the kick off. Nothing new there but, there was more an air of desperation than anticipation.

My walk back to the station in Leeds city centre to get home would have been scary if I hadn't seen it all before. It had a different air though - lots of mindless violence and vandalism as usual but,astonishingly, many grown men openly crying.

In my very humble opinion, a lot of this is stoked up by the "liberal" media. All this touchy feely nonsense has made a generation of weak minded, entitled individuals who lash out when they dont get what they want.

Add into the mix the unnecessary BLM campaign and you are creating even more division and reasons for the morons to feel put upon.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 14, 2021, 5:36 pm

"My walk back to the station in Leeds city centre to get home would have been scary"

You should have tried it 50 years ago wearing anything not White/Blue/& yellow... :yikes: :fryingpan:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 14, 2021, 7:09 pm

Rather than the "liberal" media, is this the constant (since the English Disease of the 60s):
The bar that I was in was full of young tanked up lads spewing ....... bile well before the kick off
that has lead to:
..... a generation of weak minded, entitled individuals who lash out when they dont get what they want.
:-k

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 14, 2021, 7:41 pm

Dont worry too much Jack ......... just avoid Yorkshire and you'll be ok :lol:

pipadoo
udonmap.com

Post by pipadoo » July 14, 2021, 10:23 pm

Sorted😂😂😂😂😂
Attachments
B37EC180-8649-4046-BB19-B76CECBC05BB.jpeg

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » July 15, 2021, 12:13 am

jackspratt wrote:
July 14, 2021, 7:09 pm
Rather than the "liberal" media, is this the constant (since the English Disease of the 60s):
The bar that I was in was full of young tanked up lads spewing ....... bile well before the kick off
that has lead to:
..... a generation of weak minded, entitled individuals who lash out when they dont get what they want.
:-k
If I understand your point correctly, I dont agree. Football and its followers have been a huge part of my life and I have always watched and enjoyed the psychology so, if you will forgive a monologue on the subject, my view is this.

Previously there was a core of Neanderthal thugs hell bent on causing mayhem. They were followed by lads who should have known better but, enjoyed the "sport". Numbers were smaller and, despite what Stats says, if you were sensible you could avoid trouble. It wasnt necessarily football related but, youths were attracted to the tribalism that football gave them.

From what I witness now, the Neanderthals are still there but, the "troops" are larger in number and less aggressive. Their motivation is borne out of a desperation and frustration with their lot and, when something doesn't go their way they behave in a brattish rather than physically violent manner.

In all my years watching football and it's supporters at close quarters, I have never seen the despair that I saw the other night. It was like their lives are so meaningless and they had clung to the hope of an England win to improve their lot. Having had that taken away, they were back to their witless existence which they had trouble facing.

Maybe it's the increase in drug use in society or, maybe it's that I'm a more mature man and, have lost touch but, mixing with a number of them as I do, my feeling is that it is all part of the liberal, shielded existence that the 21st century forces on them

Diatribe over.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 15, 2021, 12:38 am

stattointhailand wrote:
July 14, 2021, 7:41 pm
Dont worry too much Jack ......... just avoid Yorkshire and you'll be ok :lol:
That's not true. Medium rare roast beef with Yorkshire Pudding is something to die for.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 15, 2021, 12:40 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 14, 2021, 2:43 pm
samster wrote:
July 14, 2021, 1:37 pm
samster wrote:

I cant really fathom the negative sentiment about the England final defeat , racism ,riots amid sadness.. IMO they havent won buggar all for decades and got to a final in which they didnt play too well and the manager made a few strange decisions .. it was an excellent tournament and we should be proud of their achievements not be slagging them off.. the boys can go again next year to Qartar filled with confidence and the youngsters more experienced.

also ..

Lets not forget it is only a game and there are far more serious issues to contend with in life.

DM
Yes, like how to defeat Scotland.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 15, 2021, 8:07 am

samster wrote:
July 14, 2021, 3:19 pm
The atmosphere in the UK is toxic. In the 18 months I have been here I have seen a steady decline in peoples behaviour and state of mind. The Euros accentuated it.

The bar that I was in was full of young tanked up lads spewing anti Italian bile well before the kick off. Nothing new there but, there was more an air of desperation than anticipation.

My walk back to the station in Leeds city centre to get home would have been scary if I hadn't seen it all before. It had a different air though - lots of mindless violence and vandalism as usual but,astonishingly, many grown men openly crying.

In my very humble opinion, a lot of this is stoked up by the "liberal" media. All this touchy feely nonsense has made a generation of weak minded, entitled individuals who lash out when they dont get what they want.

Add into the mix the unnecessary BLM campaign and you are creating even more division and reasons for the morons to feel put upon.
I am not sure if the average footie fan pays so much attention to MSM, liberal or otherwise, as he/she does to social media and the power of 'fake news'. There's a growing body of evidence that once again, foreign-based actors and trolls are influencing the social debate in the UK. How can an entity that's broadly accepted as a minority have such a large and influential voice on YouTube, Twitter and social groups forming on Telegram and WhatsApp and the like?

Unless of course it is all true and racism and religious bigotry really is the elephant in the room.
Last edited by tamada on July 15, 2021, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 15, 2021, 8:08 am

hok ey tha noooo the great draw of 2021 woll be etched in the memories of the sporan swingers for generations to come.

On a happy note i see goal of the tournament was awarded to the Cech fella who lobbed the ball over Wandering wee wolly MacMarshall from the half way line ..easy winner really .. second was Modric also against the Jocks and third was Pogbas against the Swiss.

Does anyone know how things stand with the qualification for Qartar 2022 world cup ?? i presume the Euros being delayed has effected that.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 15, 2021, 8:40 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 15, 2021, 8:08 am
hok ey tha noooo the great draw of 2021 woll be etched in the memories of the sporan swingers for generations to come.

On a happy note i see goal of the tournament was awarded to the Cech fella who lobbed the ball over Wandering wee wolly MacMarshall from the half way line ..easy winner really .. second was Modric also against the Jocks and third was Pogbas against the Swiss.

Does anyone know how things stand with the qualification for Qartar 2022 world cup ?? i presume the Euros being delayed has effected that.

DM
Good to see your continued obsession with 'men in skirts' DM and asking if you'll get another chance to cop feel of a Jock cock in the WC.

Unusually, the 2020 Euro's have been right in the middle of Scotland's regular WC qualifying rounds but, with the exception of their crushing England draw, the extra exposure and games against world class competition has all been good. To automatically qualify, Scotland needs to win Group F but with group leaders Denmark already having 3 wins from 3 games, that's not going to happen. They can only qualify for another round of playoff games if they finish second, their current standing.

They are 4 points behind Denmark and 1 point ahead of Israel and Austria, with a crucial triple-header of away/home/away games in September. That's Moldova at Hampden sandwiched between trips to Denmark and Austria.

Unless they get 3 points from at least one of those away games, I see chances as slim to none but hey, it's only a game.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 15, 2021, 8:55 am

I always check the toilets before unzipping .. them pesky Jocks will rob anything even if its covered in chapped flakey skin.

Wasnt really asking about the QWCQ with any ref to the Jocks Tammy more so qualifying in general ..but being as you seem fixated looking at the recent Euro tourny Austria are a good side nowadays ... obviously Denmark are .. so your lot may struggle and miss out on a brief 3 fixture holiday in Qartar.

WC is a whole different ball game to the Euros ... looking at the current betting Argentina are the bookies favs followed by France England Belgium Brazil Portugal ... Germany n Italy dont even make the top few betting favs :shock:

DM

Return to “World Sports”