EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

General sports news and discussions.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by stattointhailand » June 7, 2021, 4:50 pm

So how many free kicks/set pieces does the 26th ranked member of most squads score whilst sitting on the bench?

He's not gonna be on the field

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 7, 2021, 5:12 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 7, 2021, 4:30 pm
thewatchman wrote:
June 7, 2021, 3:43 pm
Ben White called up as replacement for Trent Alexander-Arnold in England squad,https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57381758
Thanks for the heads up .... i am real surprised Southgate has gone for White..surely it should have been in form Ward Prowse who is scoring for fun from set piece/free kicks .. and England should win plenty of those with Grealish playing ..

I actually agree with Mark Goldridge on this ..100%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djxqVoSJoyI

DM
stattointhailand wrote:
June 7, 2021, 4:50 pm
So how many free kicks/set pieces does the 26th ranked member of most squads score whilst sitting on the bench?

He's not gonna be on the field
Options Statto options .. JWP is fit and in form .. as is Lingard ..they should be in Maguire and Henderson should not.

Southgate is way too defensive and should not be England coach after this tournament ..replace with a more attack minded progressive manager , who is the question ?????...IMO Southgate and England will get found out in the next month.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 7, 2021, 6:24 pm

Lee Carsley about to be announced as new U21 manager

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 7, 2021, 11:41 pm

"btw ..Just watched the womens volleyball and Thailand vTurkey .. the Turks have a rather lush lass bashing the balls in her legs go up to her her hairy arm pits.. marvelous."

might upset DM but this Turkish lass seems to have found her razor.....\
turkish_football_girl.jpg

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 8, 2021, 4:03 am

Roy Keane on Jordan Henderson 🗣:

“Clearly Jordan’s not fit - I don’t think he should be involved… I’ve heard people say they want him around the place - for what? Does he do card tricks? Does he have a sing song? Does he do quizzes in the evenings?”

Savage! 😂

Ben White the Brighton defender has been called up for England's squad. This is probably because Harry Maguire looks increasingly unlikely to feature in the tournament.

Talking of England.... these outfits are supposedly based on Gareth Southgates waistcoat.....
NINTCHDBPICT000419433434.jpg
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 8, 2021, 8:24 am

Excellent comment from Keane .. spot on both Henderson and Maguire should not be involved they are clearly not fit and are miles away from intense match action.

More and more you tube football based channels are doom n gloom following Englands two lackluster friendlies .. and rightly so Southgate does not inspire confidence and is way to defensive..

I would like to see a Mount , Grealish , Bellingham and Foden in midfield with Kane and Sancho up front to show attacking intent and press ..but im predicting Southgate will go with a back 5 with alight midfield n use wing backs .

There is a plethora of beauties in all sports .. innocently searching the net i came across Paige Spirinac female golfer ..marvelous swing and follow through...alas no under arm hair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inq2R8ZUoYo

Heres a well stacked Columbian lassie ..

Followed by a stunner with potential under arm hair from Germany

DM

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 8, 2021, 9:17 am

English trio Phil Foden, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood are the most valuable players in Europe's top-five leagues, according to research group CIES Football Observatory.
Manchester City's Foden tops the list at 190.2m euros (£163.4m), ahead of Manchester United duo Greenwood (£152.8m) and Rashford (£136.6m).

Dunno about that.... what about Haaland and Mbappe for instance??

Anyway, on a wet morning in Nong Khai here's a Brazilian fan getting her emotions off her chest..
brazil-babes-3.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 8, 2021, 9:23 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 8, 2021, 8:24 am

More and more you tube football based channels are doom n gloom following Englands two lackluster friendlies .. and rightly so Southgate does not inspire confidence and is way to defensive..

DM
Just a few days ago you were discounting the pre-Euro friendlies as a 'runaround' that isn't a valid indicator of a team's abilities in real competition.
Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 6, 2021, 8:09 am
I dont think you can take much from the pre tournament friendlies Zid .. just a runaround fitness check ...
Looks like the YouTube footy pundits are beginning to rent as much space between your ears as the ----- is.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 8, 2021, 9:25 am

Zidane wrote:
June 8, 2021, 9:17 am
English trio Phil Foden, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood are the most valuable players in Europe's top-five leagues, according to research group CIES Football Observatory.
Manchester City's Foden tops the list at 190.2m euros (£163.4m), ahead of Manchester United duo Greenwood (£152.8m) and Rashford (£136.6m).

Dunno about that.... what about Haaland and Mbappe for instance??

Anyway, on a wet morning in Nong Khai here's a Brazilian fan getting her emotions off her chest..
brazil-babes-3.jpg
Oh, that golfing girl could do some damage to the balls....

Switzerland usually qualify for these tournament finals... Here's a nice Swiss Miss.
Is it hammering it down in Udon also ?
hot-swiss-women.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 8, 2021, 10:06 am

Tam.... kick about friendlies serve little purpose and id a manager doesnt know his prefered starting 11 1 week before a tournament hes dog poo .. my point was obviously went over your head many football you tubers appear to be less confident in England success now then before .. i have already predicted England arent good enough to win the tournament but too good ..way too good for the Jocks who will do well to score a goal never mind get a point in the group stages.

As for my mate Alex Belfield (not -----) love him or hate him ... again i like his channel as he says things many others are too snowflakey n sift to mention.

Zid .. drizzle in Udon .. nice n cool but dull miserable and overcast like Tammy.

Meanwhile some where in Nong Khai .. didnt know you was a villa fan Zid.

Image[url=https://thesawmillgrill.com/]

DM

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 8, 2021, 11:19 am

I,m being held prisoner at 747mans gaffe... won't let me go till I buy his house. ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 8, 2021, 12:06 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 8, 2021, 10:06 am
Tam.... kick about friendlies serve little purpose and id a manager doesnt know his prefered starting 11 1 week before a tournament hes dog poo .. my point was obviously went over your head many football you tubers appear to be less confident in England success now then before .. i have already predicted England arent good enough to win the tournament but too good ..way too good for the Jocks who will do well to score a goal never mind get a point in the group stages.

As for my mate Alex Belfield (not -----) love him or hate him ... again i like his channel as he says things many others are too snowflakey n sift to mention.

Zid .. drizzle in Udon .. nice n cool but dull miserable and overcast like Tammy.

DM
Scotland's Steve Clarke is in a total quandary about his first team pick as well. That's because each and every squad member has presented and proven themselves as being an absolutely driven go-getter whether they're given a start or are on the bench. That depth of choice is something that hasn't been seen in a Scottish squad in decades. Meanwhile, south of the border, there's all this hand-wringing over the already injured oxygen wasters that are included in the squad and will the mish-mash of individually brilliant young EPL and Bundesliga superstars be yet another international damp squib. Spoiler alert: Yes. Yes they will.

I guess that's the difference between the Scottish THRILL AND EXCITEMENT of possibly taking their game to a new level versus the English FEAR AND PANIC of once again being consigned to the ignominy of being the once-and-only champions of something that happened so long ago, nobody else really gives a toss.

Sun's out in Kandahar, getting sweaty.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 8, 2021, 3:03 pm

tamada wrote:
June 8, 2021, 12:06 pm

I guess that's the difference between the Scottish THRILL AND EXCITEMENT of possibly taking their game to a new level versus the English FEAR AND PANIC of once again being consigned to the ignominy of being the once-and-only champions of something that happened so long ago, nobody else really gives a toss.
"A new level". Possibly finishing 3rd in the group and qualifying for the knockout stages for the first time- heady days for the Scots.

No "fear and panic" in England. Just happy that, once again, we are going into a tournament with a fighting chance of winning it.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 8, 2021, 3:06 pm

tamada wrote:
June 8, 2021, 12:06 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 8, 2021, 10:06 am

DM
Scotland's Steve Clarke is in a total quandary about his first team pick as well. That's because each and every squad member has presented and proven themselves as being an absolutely driven go-getter whether they're given a start or are on the bench. That depth of choice is something that hasn't been seen in a Scottish squad in decades. Meanwhile, south of the border, there's all this hand-wringing over the already injured oxygen wasters that are included in the squad and will the mish-mash of individually brilliant young EPL and Bundesliga superstars be yet another international damp squib. Spoiler alert: Yes. Yes they will.

I guess that's the difference between the Scottish THRILL AND EXCITEMENT :lol: :lol: of possibly taking their game to a new level versus the English FEAR AND PANIC of once again being consigned to the ignominy of being the once-and-only champions of something that happened so long ago, nobody else really gives a toss.

Sun's out in Kandahar, getting sweaty. A sweaty sweaty .. sounds nice :yikes:
WELL SAID Samster

Scotland have Robertson and Mctominay who are half decent players surrounded by low /non league Scottish footballers who are just there to make the numbers up .. the Jocks will last 3 games England 4 and then both home ..

Back more on topic .. and keeping the top totty pics flowing ..heres one from Scotland.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 8, 2021, 5:32 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 8, 2021, 3:06 pm

Scotland have Robertson and Mctominay who are half decent players surrounded by low /non league Scottish footballers who are just there to make the numbers up .. the Jocks will last 3 games England 4 and then both home ..

DM
Yes, Scotland team will come home to a warm welcome home and 'good try lads, better luck next time' while England will need to find a Calais refugee smuggler and sneak back under cover of darkness before facing questions in parliament.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 8, 2021, 5:40 pm

tamada wrote:
June 8, 2021, 5:32 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 8, 2021, 3:06 pm

DM
Yes, Scotland team will come home to a warm welcome home and 'good try lads, better luck next time' while England will need to find a Calais refugee smuggler and sneak back under cover of darkness before facing questions in parliament.
Not far wrong there Tam (makes a change) and hopefully the expected dire tournament for the Englanders will result in Southgate getting his P45... hes still bleating on how important Jordan Henderson is to the squad and he will be used later in the tournament :lol: .. he honestly thinks England can win it .. WAFT

dm

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 8, 2021, 6:28 pm

"I guess that's the difference between the Scottish THRILL AND EXCITEMENT of possibly taking their game to a new level versus the English FEAR AND PANIC of once again being consigned to the ignominy of being the once-and-only champions of something that happened so long ago, nobody else really gives a toss.

Top"

And that "New Level" would be semi pro perhaps

If nobody "gives a toss" why do the Scots keep mentioning it?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 8, 2021, 6:36 pm

Have they actually made their minds up who will be showing the comp in Thailand yet?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 8, 2021, 7:34 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 8, 2021, 6:28 pm
"I guess that's the difference between the Scottish THRILL AND EXCITEMENT of possibly taking their game to a new level versus the English FEAR AND PANIC of once again being consigned to the ignominy of being the once-and-only champions of something that happened so long ago, nobody else really gives a toss.

Top"

And that "New Level" would be semi pro perhaps

If nobody "gives a toss" why do the Scots keep mentioning it?
But we Scots don't keep mentioning it do we? As DM points out, it's all those little Englander news feeds, YouTubers and erstwhile footie pundits that are riven with ambivalence, self-doubt, fear and gloom.

The only advice Steve Clarke has offered the Scottish squad as they have a short week at home is to stay focused and maintain vigilance... against catching Covid.

It was 1966... let it go.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 9, 2021, 9:44 am

tamada wrote:
June 8, 2021, 7:34 pm

It was 1966... let it go.
Over the years England have always been involved in all the major tournaments alas with with minimal success .. except for 1966 ..AND RECENTLY WC 2018 semi finalists .. so Tammy please remind me again of the Scottish footballing achievements.

Reading this morning some real experts (not youtubers) such as Sven Goran Erikson predicting England to win the Euros , i wish i shared ther optimism.

Heres a bit of nostalgia Tam , first link is marvelous 1955 ..the crowd shots , the difference in the game and the brilliance of Sir Stanley Mathews who later went on to become a turkey farmer... it will prepare you for the 19th June.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4dCzOBUBd4

more recent 1996

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y45fNsKqeKI

and even

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcnmC9BD41A

Let it go Tam :lol: :lol:

DM

Return to “World Sports”