High profile Hypocrite

General sports news and discussions.
vlad
udonmap.com

High profile Hypocrite

Post by vlad » March 30, 2021, 12:15 am

Sir lewis Hamilton is a high profile sportsman showing us his end Racism T - Shirts and symbols he sticks in his race car where he knws onboarf cameras are noticed. Yet he is happy to race in America where racism is rife. If he wants to show his fight against Racism then stop racing in that Country.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: High profile Hypocrite

Post by tamada » March 30, 2021, 10:00 pm

Lewis Hamilton is English. Racism is rife in England as well. Maybe he should go racing in Africa instead?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 30, 2021, 10:22 pm

Vlad. People can fight racism without sacrificing their career. The man has commercial contracts, it is not reasonable to expect somebody to sacrifice an entire high paying job to make a statement that would destroy his income for life.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 1, 2021, 12:19 am

Off topic posts removed. This thread is in the World Sports sub-forum. A general discussion about racism isn't appropriate for this sub-forum.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 1, 2021, 3:35 am

Whistler wrote:
March 30, 2021, 10:22 pm
Vlad. People can fight racism without sacrificing their career. The man has commercial contracts, it is not reasonable to expect somebody to sacrifice an entire high paying job to make a statement that would destroy his income for life.
Yep, look at what happened to Colin Kaepernick.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 1, 2021, 5:23 am

Depends how strong your feelings are ken.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 1, 2021, 1:27 pm

Niggly Hamilton has just been Knighted he constantly tells us in pre race interviews about his stamping out of racism even proudly wearing his end racism now or stop this now if you look closely in his cockpit cameras sometimes he puts stickers in there. All im saying is if he feels that strongly refuse to Race in those Country's that have Racism issues. I remember the old Cricket days and Rugby Teams boycotting South Africa due to there Apartheid stance.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 1, 2021, 6:47 pm

To clarify, this thread is about Sir Lewis Hamilton, not a general discussion of racism in sports. If you want to discuss racism in sports, please do it in a separate thread. And, please, no calling other members/posters racists.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 1, 2021, 7:10 pm

vlad wrote:
April 1, 2021, 1:27 pm
Niggly Hamilton has just been Knighted he constantly tells us in pre race interviews about his stamping out of racism even proudly wearing his end racism now or stop this now if you look closely in his cockpit cameras sometimes he puts stickers in there. All im saying is if he feels that strongly refuse to Race in those Country's that have Racism issues. I remember the old Cricket days and Rugby Teams boycotting South Africa due to there Apartheid stance.
I understand what you are saying, but I think what you are asking him to do is unrealistic. If you really think about it, there would be no countries he could race in. On the other hand, where these individuals make their real money is through endorsements and sponsors. Now, if he spoke and received money through endorsements and sponsorships that were considered to be against minorities, then I think that would be an issue.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 1, 2021, 7:18 pm

By virtue of the thread title, one could be forgiven for thinking the subject was also about hypocrisy.

Neither racism nor hypocrisy should be tolerated without being called out.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 1, 2021, 7:46 pm

Yes, hypocrisy (from the threadhead) is widespread in professional sport where a lot of racists think the color of their skin gives them carte blanche to do things anyone else would get fired for.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 1, 2021, 7:55 pm

Time for this thread to take a breather.

Return to “World Sports”