'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Re: World Cup 2022 (at the moment)

Post by Earnest » November 22, 2022, 2:04 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
November 21, 2022, 7:32 pm
England should beat the Persians by at least three goals.
Was it a draw like I predicted?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 22, 2022, 7:04 am

Earnest wrote:
November 22, 2022, 2:04 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
November 21, 2022, 7:32 pm
England should beat the Persians by at least three goals.
Was it a draw like I predicted?
You really screwed up this time. Mighty England dumped outclassed Persia, 6-2
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 22, 2022, 8:01 am

tamada wrote:
November 22, 2022, 12:37 am
The Englander camp's a bit quiet, no?
The 3 lions get off to a decent start against a team they should be easily .. nice to many different goal scorers which surprisingly didnt include Harry Kane ..alas leaking two goals which should of been 3 or 4 doesnt bode well when they face a proper team .. at times the defence looked open n the likes of the French Argies n Dutch would go through it like knife through butter.

Pickford had is usual silly moments .. when ever he drops a clanger he always rants n raves at his teamates like its their fault... his antics will cost us a goal or a match resukt at some point fir sure.

Looks like the refs been told to play the correct amount of added on time .. 10mins first half and 7 second and similar in the US Wales game with 10 plus.

Ref was ok .. didnt give England an early penalty but gave Iran a very late one for exactly the same offence.

Didnt bother to watch the other 2 games ..tho.did check the scores this morning ..

1-1 wales usa
2- 0 dutch beat Senegal

Hey Tammy .. whens Scitlands opening WC game ..oh that would be 4 or 8 or 12 years away :lol:

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2022, 8:35 am

Yes, now the cocksure Englanders strut their stuff. Beating a team fifteen places behind them. There should never have been any doubts, eh?

Good to see the Iranian physio and team doctor staunch a heavy nose bleed (mind you, Alireza does have a prodigious schnozz) and totally ignore the concussion protocols. Just another thing that FIFA has ignored while crawling up Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa bin Hamad bin Abdullah bin Jizzum bin Mohammed Al Thani's bum.

On to the next game against a team that's eleven places behind them. It's perfectly OK to watch it live through your fingers or after the fact with confidence. Looks like the latter will apply since it's a 3 am event and Udon's collective of perpetual English straw clutchers will have had their Horlicks and gone to bed already.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2022, 9:04 am

So, can the poor folks watch it now on any channel in Thailand?

Asking for a friend.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 22, 2022, 9:09 am

tamada wrote:
November 22, 2022, 8:35 am
Yes, now the cocksure Englanders strut their stuff. Beating a team fifteen places behind them. There should never have been any doubts, eh?

Good to see the Iranian physio and team doctor staunch a heavy nose bleed (mind you, Alireza does have a prodigious schnozz) and totally ignore the concussion protocols. Just another thing that FIFA has ignored while crawling up Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa bin Hamad bin Abdullah bin Jizzum bin Mohammed Al Thani's bum.

On to the next game against a team that's eleven places behind them. It's perfectly OK to watch it live through your fingers or after the fact with confidence. Looks like the latter will apply since it's a 3 am event and Udon's collective of perpetual English straw clutchers will have had their Horlicks and gone to bed already.
Yeah...... what he said.
Much tuffer apponent await in Wales n US .. thereafter im not optimistic of going much further ... IMO its not comng home AGAIN.

Still is nice for the fans and the pubs cash registers back home in blighty to.be involved however short or long the 3 Lions tournament lasts .. Jock fans must be missing that WC buzz ..its been a long while has it not ??

Im.not a 3am.guy .. so wont bother with those games regardless whose playing .. only Scunthorpe in the champions league final would stir me to watch at that gaws awful.time ..and slightly more chance of the sweaties qulifying fir a WC than that happening ...No??

Was on True ch 24 last night .. so the workshy peasants didnt miss out

Dm

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 22, 2022, 10:28 am

English fans are just so weird. You win by four goals and act as if it was a loss. Be happy you won. How do you think Wales feels with their draw with the United States? Be proud England. You won!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2022, 10:58 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
November 22, 2022, 10:28 am
English fans are just so weird. You win by four goals and act as if it was a loss. Be happy you won. How do you think Wales feels with their draw with the United States? Be proud England. You won!
The stain of the World Cup aberration of 1966 is hard to shift.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 22, 2022, 11:12 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 22, 2022, 9:09 am
tamada wrote:
November 22, 2022, 8:35 am

Yeah...... what he said.
Much tuffer apponent await in Wales n US .. thereafter im not optimistic of going much further ... IMO its not comng home AGAIN.

Still is nice for the fans and the pubs cash registers back home in blighty to.be involved however short or long the 3 Lions tournament lasts .. Jock fans must be missing that WC buzz ..its been a long while has it not ??

Im.not a 3am.guy .. so wont bother with those games regardless whose playing .. only Scunthorpe in the champions league final would stir me to watch at that gaws awful.time ..and slightly more chance of the sweaties qulifying fir a WC than that happening ...No??

Was on True ch 24 last night .. so the workshy peasants didnt miss out

Dm
Im.not a 3am.guy .. so wont bother with those games regardless whose playing .. only Scunthorpe in the champions league final would stir me to watch at that gaws awful.time ......So THAT Will NEVER Happen !!!,Probably the ONLY time you get up at 3am Is to EMPTY yer Bladder of all the Beer You drank the previous evening / night !!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 22, 2022, 1:10 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Nothing weird about my comments re Englands win last night .. my honest opinion... while Southgate is at the helm we are screwed.

Last night great going forward , crap in defense .. leads me to believe most of the tournaments big boys would beat us .. a win last night was pretty much nailed on before a ball was kicked the fact Iran scored twice n should of had at least 2 more backs up my argument the likes of France , Argentina Brazil etc etc would give us a dam good pasting on that defensive showing.

We shall have a better idea after the Wales n USA fixtures.
tamada wrote:
November 22, 2022, 10:58 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
The stain of A ANOTHER JOCK NON World Cup QUALIFICATION is hard to shift.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 22, 2022, 1:29 pm

No comment ....... didnt watch it .

Tried to view Qatar v Equador and got a screen asking for payment. Not interested enough to pay or spend time getting system upgrades etc.

Would prob have watched some Argie and Brazil games but not that bothered

Roll on 23 Dec and the League Cup matches

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » November 22, 2022, 2:31 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
I'm happy Unc.

Some cracking goals from England. Not just gifts from the weaker team, but actually good goals that will have built confidence in the team.

Agree that letting in 2 goals is not ideal but anyway. Better to identify the problem now and plan for next games.

Not sure I like this VAR thingy. We are going to see a lot of penalties awarded I feel due to it. Oh and a lot of goals disallowed for VAR offsides also.

Can England win it. Of course we bloody can! It's the World Cup, anything can happen. You gotta dream guys! \:D/

PS I know nowt about football, would appreciate some constructive feedback from Statts, Samster, etc who know what they are talking about.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 22, 2022, 2:38 pm

Just watched the highlights and noticed that the Engerlund fans were singing "Are you Scotland in disguise?" at 6 - 1.

Not like 3 Lions fans to get carried away, so theres only been 4 million applications for leave on the Monday after the final

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2022, 2:40 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 22, 2022, 1:10 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Nothing weird about my comments re Englands win last night .. my honest opinion... while Southgate is at the helm we are screwed.

Last night great going forward , crap in defense .. leads me to believe most of the tournaments big boys would beat us .. a win last night was pretty much nailed on before a ball was kicked the fact Iran scored twice n should of had at least 2 more backs up my argument the likes of France , Argentina Brazil etc etc would give us a dam good pasting on that defensive showing.

We shall have a better idea after the Wales n USA fixtures.
tamada wrote:
November 22, 2022, 10:58 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
The stain of A ANOTHER JOCK NON World Cup QUALIFICATION is hard to shift.

DM
Yes. When the insecurity really takes hold, just mention the Scottish no-show and suddenly it's all good in the Englander's small world.

Just another Pavlov's Dog moment.

Back on topic, as for playing it out from the back, Pickford already has his own back four down as a liability, hence him kicking it down the park, even when it was 0-0 and no pressure. Fortunately, he does possess great depth of field perception and most times he gets it precisely right. If I am not mistaken, his long punt, aided by a stroke of stumbling luck, ultimately led to Rashford's goal.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 22, 2022, 3:04 pm

He gets plenty of practice "hoofing" it downfield all season long

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2022, 3:09 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 22, 2022, 3:04 pm
He gets plenty of practice "hoofing" it downfield all season long
What does this tell you about the Everton's defense? (rhetorical)

Gareth knows exactly what he's doing. (open for debate)
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » November 22, 2022, 7:18 pm

That was a pretty good game. Arabs gave as good as they got. Sport is at its best when it throws up games and results like that one.
Watch Me!!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 22, 2022, 7:50 pm

Did the Saudis really beat Argentina, 2-1? Wow! Take that Maradonna! Another blow for democracy, another victory for autocracy.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » November 22, 2022, 8:02 pm

Go Saudi. MBS must have put a big win bonus on the game (or threatened to send the team to visit the Saudi embassy in Turkey!)

Return to “World Sports”