English Premier League 2020/21

General sports news and discussions.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2020/21

Post by stattointhailand » August 27, 2020, 8:41 pm

Pogba tests pos for Covid

He's in France so I assume he will be there for 14 days quarantine then (as he's a Man Utd player and not Liverpool) he will have to do another 14 days on return to UK :-k

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 28, 2020, 7:09 am

mathusalah80 wrote:
August 27, 2020, 3:06 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 26, 2020, 6:13 pm
DMs Top 8 forecast
1. Wolves
2 Chelsea
3 Liverpool
4. City
5. United
6 Spurs
7. Arsenal
8. Leeds

Bottom.5 to fight it out to avoid the drop.
Brighton
Everton
Wba
Newcastle
C palace
Dm.
I agree John, if any team had any chance of 'dong a Leicester, I think it would be Wolves. Unfortunately, for Wolves, they will be competing against not just a couple, but at least fours, even five teams packed with in depth squads, the majority of whose members are of international class. Sorry to say, Wolves winning the title this coming season is just a pipe dream.
I think you must be losing your touch when I see your expectations of Leeds. Perhaps a case of your allowing your heart to overrule your mind? [-X
I also disagree with your view that Newcastle will be relegated. No chance! :-"
Logic suggest the Palace are near certainties for the drop. Try telling that to the Manager and his squad of worriers, who have defied the experts opinion for three consecutive years; and still retain a place in the EPL. =D>

I certainly think think the EPL will be a lot different this coming season , combining the no fan factor and also as you say AND I AGREE WITH there a larger group of teams with the ability and strenght in depth to make a strong challenge ..Liverpool and City will not have it their own way this time around with at least 6 other sides in the mix ..one of which will be Wolves... and with a bit of luck they could do a Leicester... i expect to see it tight at the top (and bottom ) not as witnessed this last season ..no runaway leaders / top 2.

I put Newcastle in the relegation scrap not certs .. my certs actually for the drop are Brighton Palace and one other of WBA , Newcastle or Everton.

No soft spot for Leeds i just them to stay up comfortably and finish just off the European placings.

Sadly my beloved Scunny are doomed ..doomed i say

Hope you n the missus are well Den .. take it easy.

DM .. Jon
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 28, 2020, 2:07 pm

A comment on my team as DM and Mat disagree about our prospects this year.

I had studied Bielsa before he came to Leeds and had always been fascinated by him. Before his first game 2 seasons ago, I said that we would either go up or be relegated.

What I wasnt prepared for was just how brilliant the man is as a coach and motivator. In these days of squad football, Bielsa is different in that he uses pretty much the same team each week. You only need to compare how the core players who were at Leeds prior to his arrival have developed in the 2 years.

There are effectively 6 players who fall into this category:-

Ayling - a journeyman full back who became the best wing back outside the EPL
Cooper - a very average CB who wasnt a regular but has developed as a player and person massively
Phillips - just called up to the England squad
Dallas- another journeyman who wasnt a regular who, for the past 2 years has been Leeds most consistent player
Klich- out on loan in Holland when Bielsa arrived
Hernandez - always brilliant but taken his game to another level

I am too young to remember the early Revie years but, have read a lot and there are clear comparisons between what he and Bielsa did.

I dont expect the same as the early 60s so we aren't going to be top 4 because football has changed so much. What will be interesting though is how much more a manager can squeeze out of players who, in Premier League terms, are average.

It could go either way.
Last edited by samster on August 28, 2020, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » August 28, 2020, 3:35 pm

samster wrote:
August 28, 2020, 2:07 pm
A comment on my team as DM and Mat disagree about our prospects this year.

A brilliant , and interesting post Samster. Revie was very much an exceptional Manager of that period, and very much his own man, deserving of a great deal of credit for the calibre of the team he formed, and of them being such formidable opponents. Incidentally, he wasn't a bad player, during his paying days.
PLEASE, can we have some other posts from members, strictly regarding the club they personally follow/support. It does not have to be EPL clubs, but any club in the Engllish League. For example from DM (Scunthorpe I think it is \:D/; Brian (Crystal Palace; Statts (Newcastle) and Zidine (Utd). I think we also have a Derby County supporter, to whom I apologize for not remembering his name.

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » August 28, 2020, 4:21 pm

One of my early memories of Leeds United in the First Division was when they visited Goodison Park. Norman Bites yer leg Hunter was playing as was Billy bremner. Willie Bell was at left back and his tackle on Derek(aka Shirley) Temple was so high he managed to crack a couple of our winger's ribs and Temple had to be stretchered off. I was in the Paddock at the time so the incident happened right in front us. Naturally the Goodison faithful were incensed. the seat cushions came raining down (that was the level of Goodison Hooliganism at the time) It got to a point where the referee took both teams off to let them calm down. On the resumption the Ref. sent Sandy Brown(the TOFFEES left back off for a "reckless" challenge. That naturally didn't help the mood of the home supporters!! Amazing how certain games stay with one. Welcome back "the Lily Whites, I think.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 28, 2020, 4:47 pm

It's strictly an EPL thread. Start another thread.

Come on 747man, you need to give your prediction for Everton. Some posters have been putting the boot in. I'm predicting the Toffees finishing in the top half of the ladder. Regrettably I expect their cocky neighbours will be in the top three.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 29, 2020, 1:01 am

goodison wrote:
August 28, 2020, 4:21 pm
One of my early memories of Leeds United in the First Division was when they visited Goodison Park. Norman Bites yer leg Hunter was playing as was Billy bremner. Willie Bell was at left back and his tackle on Derek(aka Shirley) Temple was so high he managed to crack a couple of our winger's ribs and Temple had to be stretchered off. I was in the Paddock at the time so the incident happened right in front us. Naturally the Goodison faithful were incensed. the seat cushions came raining down (that was the level of Goodison Hooliganism at the time) It got to a point where the referee took both teams off to let them calm down. On the resumption the Ref. sent Sandy Brown(the TOFFEES left back off for a "reckless" challenge. That naturally didn't help the mood of the home supporters!! Amazing how certain games stay with one. Welcome back "the Lily Whites, I think.
Nice one.

I wasnt old enough to be there but, remember being taken to a Belle Vue zoo in Manchester in 1968 by my Mother whilst my Father was at the 1968 fa cup semi final at Old Trafford. Everton beat us 1-0.

My biggest memory of LUFC v Everton was our first game after we were promoted in 1990 at Goodison. We didnt realise how good that Leeds side was and were astonished to be 3-0 up before being pulled back to 3-2. Neville Southall came out early for the 2nd half in a sulk.

Our first game back ithis year is again on Merseyside. 3-2 would do me nicely.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 29, 2020, 4:39 am

It's an EPL thread DM. The thread isn't about me. :roll:

It's good to see Leeds back in this year.

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » August 29, 2020, 3:43 pm

747 you seem to be a little quiet re Everton, will you be watching the Reds game today. 😂
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 1, 2020, 7:50 am

It seems he missed it. I have my fingers crossed he'll be able to report on a number of Liverpool losses this EPL season.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 1, 2020, 12:23 pm

Old Father Time wrote:
September 1, 2020, 9:43 am
747man wrote:
August 26, 2020, 7:03 pm
Which Team is This.....EgWAFGRWAAAIMYC.jpg

Does anyone really give a damn :| What is certain is that all the players in the photo have long been dead, so they have no relevance to the 'EPL 2020/21. [-X
I do. There might be some link. Perhaps one of the current EPL players has a grandfather or other relative who once played football at the highest level in England. I think that kind of thing is very interesting. There are many other reasons why the photo might also be linked to the pending season.

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » September 1, 2020, 2:12 pm

747man wrote:
You mean what team was this.
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 1, 2020, 7:38 pm

dezzer111 wrote:
September 1, 2020, 2:12 pm
747man wrote:
There is a MASSIVE Clue on the front row.....But As You Didn't Know,I'll have to tell you....It's....Liverpool FC & The Clue was Front Row 1st Player on the left No Other than....Billy Liddell & Yes I Even saw him Playing at ANALFIELD....Got Yer !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 2, 2020, 12:30 am

Udon Map wrote:
August 3, 2020, 6:51 pm
Gentlemen, we'll be making some changes to this thread this year. It's going to be the "English Premier League 2020/21" thread, not the let's slag each other off, or each other's team. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Bumping as a reminder to posters.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 2, 2020, 8:47 am

The Toffees sign James on a 3-year deal.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... rodriguez/

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 2, 2020, 9:11 am

tamada wrote:
September 2, 2020, 8:47 am

Could be an excellent piece of business or another high profile flop till will tell but they need to make other signing to support this one

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 2, 2020, 9:30 am

dunroaming wrote:
September 2, 2020, 9:11 am
tamada wrote:

Could be an excellent piece of business or another high profile flop till will tell but they need to make other signing to support this one
James Rodriguez and Allan to have Everton medicals

Everton finalised agreement with Real Madrid on Tuesday for James Rodriguez; Allan expected to fly into Merseyside on Wednesday

Talks continue between Everton and Watford for Abdoulaye Doucoure. The two clubs are closer to agreeing a transfer fee - although there is still significant work to be done before a deal is struck.

Watford began negotiations wanting £35m for the French midfielder while Everton value him closer to £25m.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... n-medicals

Jai2
udonmap.com

Post by Jai2 » September 2, 2020, 10:16 am

All.or.Nothing.Tottenham Hotspur--out now on RaRBG..............

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 2, 2020, 11:15 am

dunroaming wrote:
September 2, 2020, 9:11 am
tamada wrote:

We WILL Sign another one before the Window Shuts Believe Me !!

And James Rodriguez " A FLOP " Have a Word with Yerself,YOU Very SILLY BOY !!! [-X [-X [-X

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 2, 2020, 11:24 am

dezzer111 wrote:
September 1, 2020, 11:29 pm
747man wrote:
September 1, 2020, 7:38 pm
dezzer111 wrote:
September 1, 2020, 2:12 pm
747man wrote:
But What YOU Mean is YOU Don't Know 'Eh Dezz ?? You Should Actually be Ashamed of Yerself Laaaddd !! There is a MASSIVE Clue on the front row.....But As You Didn't Know,I'll have to tell you....It's....Liverpool FC & The Clue was Front Row 1st Player on the left No Other than....Billy Liddell & Yes I Even saw him Playing at ANALFIELD....Got Yer !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I knew what team it was, I was pointing out your vocabulary which and what, not is that but was that OK. 😂
Come On Dezz Admit it,YOU Didn't KNOW Which team it WAS,Otherwise YOU would've answered The Question & Let everyone know that YOU knew " A LITTLE BIT " About FOOTBALL.... At Least 555 !! [-X [-X

Return to “World Sports”