General sports news and discussions.
tamada
udonmap.com

The hype in on!

Post by tamada » November 15, 2019, 11:00 am

"England thrash Montenegro..."

"England... thumping victory over tame Montenegro..."

"England run riot on historic night at Wembley..."

I guess many have forgotten Iceland already.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: The hype in on!

Post by stattointhailand » November 15, 2019, 11:42 am

It MUST be coming home :-&

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 15, 2019, 5:03 pm

Footballs coming home my arse .. Scunny juniors would have beaten that shambolic Montenegro.outfit.

IMO i the real.world n the top national sides England are still lagging .. they couldnt beat an egg if up.against a half decent organised side.

Dm.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » November 15, 2019, 7:04 pm

Most of the England squad are young at International level. It's not fair to compare them from even the African World cup team we had they were at School. Look at the England skipper Harry Kane 26 Sterling 24 Rashford 22 Abraham 22. They can and will be a great team in the next few years times on there side.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 16, 2019, 2:48 pm

vlad wrote:
November 15, 2019, 7:04 pm
Most of the England squad are young at International level. It's not fair to compare them from even the African World cup team we had they were at School. Look at the England skipper Harry Kane 26 Sterling 24 Rashford 22 Abraham 22. They can and will be a great team in the next few years times on there side.
Not at all an unfair assessment and a couple of Euro's and maybe, just maybe a WC over the next 8 or 10? Look at the precipitous slide of the all-powerful German national steamroller after Joachim Löw failed to invest in younger talent in a timely manner. They are hanging in at 16th in the FIFA rankings. Spain don't have that immense depth of talent on-the-day any more and despite serial hat-tricks, Ronaldo is not Portugal.

It's the overwrought media hype though. England were expected to steamroller Montenegro so it's like there may still have been nagging doubts leading up to the kick-off? The OTT reporting of the win must be akin to the incredible relief of the long-denied, masturbatory release of ejaculation, no?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 17, 2019, 12:01 pm

No hype required for the perpetually good-natured but under-achieving Scottish team. After getting hammered last month by Russia at Hampden and thus losing the last vestige of automatic qualification, they took all three points away against Cyprus to bolster their playoff claim. They only need a draw at Hampden against the Kazakhs but here's hoping they get the win. Then I can experience the incredible relief of the long-denied, masturbatory release of ejaculation.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 17, 2019, 2:51 pm

tamada wrote:
November 17, 2019, 12:01 pm
No hype required for the perpetually good-natured but under-achieving Scottish team. After getting hammered last month by Russia at Hampden and thus losing the last vestige of automatic qualification, they took all three points away against Cyprus to bolster their playoff claim. They only need a draw at Hampden against the Kazakhs but here's hoping they get the win. Then I can experience the incredible relief of the long-denied, masturbatory release of ejaculation.
Another strange scoreline in the England Kosovo fixture along with many others (jocks winning).. at best a reasonable effort by England but leaking too many goals against lower level.footballing nations doesnt bowd well.for playing the bigg boys ..

Btw Tam .. no hype fir your Scotland victory as its fair to say any chances of qualification seem.more likely than mr Corbn.winning the election and gifting independance tonyour great nation .

Dm

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 17, 2019, 6:28 pm

Rumours surfacing that Giorgious Pistofosis head of the Cypriot FA is considering the sacking of the manager and half the team after their latest "shocking" defeat. this time to minnows Scotland. He stated on Cypriot TV that is was unforgivable and that the fans have the right to know that heads will roll. He went on to point out that many of the Scottish players even play their football in the Scottish Premier, a league he compared to the Cypriot 3rd Division

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 17, 2019, 6:38 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 17, 2019, 6:28 pm
Rumours surfacing that Giorgious Pistofosis head of the Cypriot FA is considering the sacking of the manager and half the team after their latest "shocking" defeat. this time to minnows Scotland. He stated on Cypriot TV that is was unforgivable and that the fans have the right to know that heads will roll. He went on to point out that many of the Scottish players even play their football in the Scottish Premier, a league he compared to the Cypriot 3rd Division
=D> .... i tend tp agree with Mr Pistofosis .. Scotland couldnt qualify for a cake baking competion if their granny was judging ... its certanly a few years since they did get to.the latter stages of a sporting event that being the shove Epenny world championships in 1927 where lost to Wales in the quater finals..

Dm.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » November 17, 2019, 10:35 pm

Aye the Cypriot team can go back waiting on tables and cleaning Taverners.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 20, 2019, 11:04 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 17, 2019, 6:38 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
November 17, 2019, 6:28 pm
=D> .... i tend tp agree with Mr Pistofosis .. Scotland couldnt qualify for a cake baking competion if their granny was judging ... its certanly a few years since they did get to.the latter stages of a sporting event that being the shove Epenny world championships in 1927 where lost to Wales in the quater finals..

Dm.
comfy.jpg

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 20, 2019, 11:40 am

Good result tam, although the fact that the Hampden "crowd" was well below 20,000 speaks volumes, as does the fact that they were actually losing at half time, after already losing away to the Kazaks (the 121st best in the world) and were booed of at half time by those that could be bothered to turn up

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 20, 2019, 12:16 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 20, 2019, 11:40 am
Good result tam, although the fact that the Hampden "crowd" was well below 20,000 speaks volumes, as does the fact that they were actually losing at half time, after already losing away to the Kazaks (the 121st best in the world) and were booed of at half time by those that could be bothered to turn up
18th November
Glasgow braced for cold weather as Scotland hit with -8C chill

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/180 ... -8c-chill/

We may be hopeless but were not all daft enough to go to Hampden in November!

I guess the half-time locker room pep talk turnaround isn't exclusive to the EPL either.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 22, 2019, 7:26 pm

Good luck to Scotland in their playoff games ........ If they qualify for the finals it will at least guarantee England 3pts as they would be in the same finals group :-"

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2019, 9:44 pm

So it's Israel at Hampden in late March then away to either Norway or Serbia.

Might still be needing the snowplows then.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 22, 2019, 9:59 pm

The wee jimmys may just scrap.past Israel ut cant see em getting anything from Norway or Serbs .. i would like to see the Jocks quaify for a change ..once in a life time experience for their supporters to go to the latter stagrs of a tournanent other than the world kilt folding championships where they lost in the semis to Somerset ladies womans institute 11.

Goos luck to em ..

Dm.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 22, 2019, 11:16 pm

Seems a bit pointless Steve Clarke's boys actually bothering to qualify as they already know they will be in England's group ... on the bright side, the train journey home wont take long :-"

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » November 23, 2019, 1:44 am

Aye they can always put the Nets up.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 23, 2019, 8:16 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 22, 2019, 9:59 pm
The wee jimmys may just scrap.past Israel ut cant see em getting anything from Norway or Serbs .. i would like to see the Jocks quaify for a change ..once in a life time experience for their supporters to go to the latter stagrs of a tournanent other than the world kilt folding championships where they lost in the semis to Somerset ladies womans institute 11.

Goos luck to em ..

Dm.
Very Droll DM
Coming from a Nation who have done nothing but cry and sack managers since 1966, perhaps you should start to look inwards a wee bit. Even I was a wee laddie the last time you won anything. Have fond memories of Jim Baxter and the rest of the boys hammering the World Champs at Wembly the next year 1967.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 23, 2019, 9:48 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 22, 2019, 9:59 pm

Goos luck to em ..

Dm.
Hey! It was the Somerset ladies womans institute's SECOND 11.

Factcheck!

Return to “World Sports”