Ashes 2019

General sports news and discussions.
samster
udonmap.com

Re: Ashes 2019

Post by samster » September 15, 2019, 2:28 pm

You really think the Aussie batters are good enough to get 400 Barney?

My crystal ball says England will bowl your lot out cheaply with Smith finally running out of luck.

The Ashes were won by a combination of Smith's brilliance and moments of good fortune (including winning some important tosses). I, personally, think England can take more positives from this series than Australua.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » September 15, 2019, 2:42 pm

samster wrote:
September 15, 2019, 2:28 pm
You really think the Aussie batters are good enough to get 400 Barney?

My crystal ball says England will bowl your lot out cheaply with Smith finally running out of luck.

The Ashes were won by a combination of Smith's brilliance and moments of good fortune (including winning some important tosses). I, personally, think England can take more positives from this series than Australua.
Samster I must agree that Smith has been great, but luck has not been a one way street, England won the miracle test with a very bad umpire decision of not out for a blatant LBW at the end of the game. Winning this toss this test has not been great for Paine's decision to bowl first. I do think both captains have been below par for many parts in these tests of their tactics.

But in saying all that, history has been done and the series has gone the distance and still holds the fans on their seats.
1 of us 2 has the crystal ball call correct. I really do think we can get the runs with 2 days to go. :D

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » September 15, 2019, 2:54 pm

It all started to go tits up for England when that numpty Anderson declared himself fit for the first test.
Despite being a bowler short England should have kept their foot on the Aussies throat when they were 118 for 8. :(

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 15, 2019, 7:30 pm

Galee wrote:
September 15, 2019, 2:54 pm
It all started to go tits up for England when that numpty Anderson declared himself fit for the first test.
Despite being a bowler short England should have kept their foot on the Aussies throat when they were 118 for 8. :(
Now that just wouldn't have been "British" old chap, cant kick an opponent when he's down (just not cricket) unless its the Ryder cup :-k

also think Stuart Broad needs to take a long look at himself ...... getting Warner for a SEVENTH time in one series [-X .
Warner now totals 95 runs in 10 innings ...... Smiffy has got more Boundaries than Warner has runs (91 x4's 5x6's) and Smiffys AVERAGE is currently higher than Warners total runs

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » September 16, 2019, 9:28 am

Well done to the England team on a strong win. It is always difficult to defeat England at home as the ashes history shows, but , was a good 5 test series with the little urn retained by the better team and now to get on the plane to Australia.
The aussies will need to rethink their team for our upcoming summer. A Marsh name should not be mentioned again along with Siddle. A push for youth should prevail. We have a large stable of fast bowlers all waiting for their chance.
Thanks to the UM posters input during the test series.

Our captain Tim Paine says his final lot.
Paine said Australia, who won at Edgbaston and Old Trafford but lost agonisingly to a Ben Stokes-inspired England at Headingley, had achieved their main objective in retaining the urn.
"We're taking the urn home so that's certainly what we came to do," he said. "We're thrilled by that, a little disappointed by this game obviously, puts a bit of a dampener on it."
"We can be really proud of the way we've come over here, which is a challenging place for Australians to come and play and win," he added.
"To win two Test matches pretty convincingly, should have won a third (at Headingley) -- let that slip no doubt."
Paine said winning the first Test at Edgbaston, where Australia triumphed by 251 runs, had been crucial for his side's confidence.
Attachments
AAHl8IH.jpg

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » September 16, 2019, 1:53 pm

Aussies didn't win the Ashes, merely retained them. Semantics perhaps, but England won the Series AND The World Cup, just watched a stirring "Last Night of The Proms" so feeling a tad patriotic, not to worry it'll soon wear off once BOJO gets his A INTO G,plus of course there's another Major Sporting Event kicking off in Japan next Sunday!

Return to “World Sports”